Best Place In Cm To Buy Gym Shoes?

jsflynn603

The food is too cheap and too good here, I'm gaining weight, not losing. It's time to join a fitness center.

I need some gym shoes. Not running shoes, not golf shoes, just probably what I'd call "walking shoes."

I've been to Tesco Lotus near the airport and frankly unless one is looking for golf shoes there was not much there to choose from.

I'd appreciate suggestions of who would have some decent Nike/Addidas or well made "no brand" gym shoes with a good selection.

I'm an 8.5 EEEE (extra wide) but I have no idea what that translates to in Asian shoe sizes.

Thanks

I don't know about your "round feet" shoe size, but there is a pretty good trainer shop at airport plazza on the 1st (using their numbering system of Ground, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) floor. From the main door with the elephants outside (the immigration/airport road - Mahidol Rd entrance) walk in and turn left (first shop I think). Fairly good selection and sizes go up from the usual children's sizes available in most supermarkets here!

BTW 8.5 - is that American 8.5 or UK 8.5 (Thailand tends to use the European sizes) : 8.5 UK = 9 USA = 42.5 Euro = 27cm .... 8.5 USA = 8 UK = 42 Euro = 26.5cm (this assumes you are male - female shoe sizes differ in the US - basically add 2 - 8.5 UK = 11 USA (Fem) = 42 Euro = 27cm)

Edited by wolf5370

Not as a few people would think a dumb question. It is important to get the right type of shoe for the task, (if you don't know ask) Ideally in your case a pair for gym and a pair for walking, however unless you plan on doing a lot of both, I would start off with a pair of cross-trainers, should be good for both gym and walking. Cross-trainers will give all-round directional support, (that's why they call them cross-trainers, multi-use)

As for a good brand, anyone who uses training shoes will have there favourites, so it's not easy to get unbiased views, Nike, Reebok, Adidas and New balance to mention a few.

I know you said you wont buy a running shoe....... Good, but don't be tempted with a cheap offer!

Cross-trainers will be a bit heaver than runners, not much, but you need the extra support. One last thing, don't go for the most expensive ones or flashy one's, go middle ground on price, and a known brand.

As for fit, (You pancked footed person) always go to a proper outlet, try both on, and walk around, try them on with good quality socks, and be sure of a good fit. They should be very comfy from the word go, if not try a different pair.

Now! no pain in your feet when training......That will be the rest of your body......Now,go get them tiger!

Edited by Tonto21