Recommendations For English Speaking Contractor And-Or Landscaper?

BBbUn

Need to do some work on a house we're going to rent soon - want to landscape a hedge row frontage and build a new entrance, and possibly build a roof top nursery.

My girlfriend and I don't speak very good Thai (yet), it'd really save us a lot of energy to find somebody with at least a little English. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Paul

one good way is to do some search on the internet and collect some photo . of nice deco garden or front for house.

after you do that . you can find some of the gardening supply places along the Super highway , and a rock and stone supply outlet near the arcade bus station aline the highway opposite of carrfour.

then find some guy to do the set up for you .

this would save you tons of money .

good luck. personally i love how Amazon cafe along most of the PTT gas station is set up very cool

Khun Pin is a landscape architect (MJU grad) who speaks good English; her partner/boyfriend? Jack is an architect (minimal English). They may be a good team for your project. They manage projects as well as design and have a crew/contractor network. Their office is at Kamtieng. If you enter Lotus (superhwy) from the west side (traffic light on JJ market road side), turn right into Kamtieng plant market and then the first right. You'll see 'Thamalangka' with a row of pottery that she designs at the end where that soi turns left. Last time I stopped by to say hello, Jack was there but she was in Laos for a resort project, but may be back by now. I'll look for her email and phone and PM you.

But ..., putting money into material improvements on a rental house? I hope you know what you are getting into and have a solid relationship with the owner and maybe a three year lease contract.

Edited by drtreelove

Thanks a lot for great advice and Khun Pin's website.

Yes, we're going for 3 years. Wouldn't be making the improvements if we didn't think we needed to, but while the rest of the building is perfect, the main entrance has terrible feng shui, so in my opinion absolutely needs to be done.

Another option that has sprung to mind is to get the folks from Pun Pun to build a big planter box style wall out of adobe brick.

Cheers again

Paul