Farang Food In Chalong

petercallen

I want to apologize personally if any of the drivers of the two DaVinci Fortuners have driven dangerously, including me who is one of the co-owners.

There is NO excuse for driving dangerously on Thai roads, they are dangerous enough and when you have the name of your business splashed across both sides it seems a little stupid.. I will personally talk to all of the staff that drive these vehicules.

I would like to invite you and your family to have dinner at DaVinci on me. Please contact me through the restaurant or just turn up with a printed copy of this.

Hopefully we wont have 20 people turning up with the same piece of paper....:-)

Once again we apologize and take all comments regarding DaVinci on Thai Visa Seriously.

Ever since some idiot in a Da Vinci fortuner tried to run me and my family off the road, speeding like a maniac, I refuse to give that place a try.

I do want others to view my review on the Saigon restaurant in Chalong. Really worth the trip (but not considered falang food, per the topic).

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to apologize personally if any of the drivers of the two DaVinci Fortuners have driven dangerously, including me who is one of the co-owners.

There is NO excuse for driving dangerously on Thai roads, they are dangerous enough and when you have the name of your business splashed across both sides it seems a little stupid.. I will personally talk to all of the staff that drive these vehicules.

I would like to invite you and your family to have dinner at DaVinci on me. Please contact me through the restaurant or just turn up with a printed copy of this.

Once again we apologize and take all comments regarding DaVinci on Thai Visa Seriously.

Ever since some idiot in a Da Vinci fortuner tried to run me and my family off the road, speeding like a maniac, I refuse to give that place a try.

I do want others to view my review on the Saigon restaurant in Chalong. Really worth the trip (but not considered falang food, per the topic).

Good on you, just bad i have never seen one of the cars :)

Sunday Roast in the south of the island, any new recommendations

Only ever go to Happy Days which is just fine for me. Includes soup & coffee.

They do not do roast lamb which i really like.

I though Kiwis were partial to roast lamb to

Why don't you ask them if they'll give roast lamb (yum!) a try?

Thank you Mark275. Speaks volumes about your business acumen. PM sent.

Sunday Roast in the south of the island, any new recommendations

Only ever go to Happy Days which is just fine for me. Includes soup & coffee.

They do not do roast lamb which i really like.

I though Kiwis were partial to roast lamb to

Why don't you ask them if they'll give roast lamb (yum!) a try?

I did mention it but they did not seem interested,

I do not know why, you can buy New Zealand lamb at Makro cheaper than you pay for Aussie lamb in Australia

Yeah I know what you mean....as a regular there Ive been having them since Daeng started cooking them, I tried suggesting it there but it has fallen on deaf ears....maybe the fact that more people from the UK and Europe eat there than Aussies and Kiwis. Im back in a week...I will personally buy a lamb and give it to Daeng to cook on Sunday the 20th. If it ends up really popular they might try it the next week

Wow, word gets out................

Wow, word gets out................

The post has had almost 6000 people view it.....A lot of people underestimate the power of the internet, especially the locals

Yeah I know what you mean....as a regular there Ive been having them since Daeng started cooking them, I tried suggesting it there but it has fallen on deaf ears....maybe the fact that more people from the UK and Europe eat there than Aussies and Kiwis. Im back in a week...I will personally buy a lamb and give it to Daeng to cook on Sunday the 20th. If it ends up really popular they might try it the next week

Sounds good, I'll be there to eat that lamb, hope it stays on the menu!

I went last night to Da Vincis..i went with some freinds over fom the UK..we arrived about 8 pm..we all ordered differant meals from the menu,the meals all arrived and served at the same time hot and tasty..my over all opinion was..the food..the service..the staff..the ambience was excellant..the place was full....i would definatly go back again..

Good idea, do they still have Thai food as well as the roast after 6PM in the evening

Good idea, do they still have Thai food as well as the roast after 6PM in the evening

I think so...its a bit of a grey area ordering other food when the roasts are on as the pump out around 30+ roasts. And the girls are run off their feet, so sometimes there might be a bit of a wait.

went down last night to the Kebab House in Rawai, what a good kebab, best thing was probably their yogurt dressing, kebabs quality food! I will eat there many times to!

adress check http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/phuketlifestyle/2011/article9870.html

Is that the same place I have so far only read complaints about here on TV?

Sounds great, good one, thanks,.. Geez, I can pick em (NOT) I ate at an open air small place there, the manager used to manage a 5 star restaurant

in BKK, I just had the urge for some chips... took 25min (one other customer there) outside was burnt and the inside crunchy, I has hungry but could not

eat half of them, not fit for a dog... B65 I think..

Most Thais I know do not eat or cook lamb. They simply dislike lamb/smell.

NZ lamb leg is only 440 baht/kg at Macro, so we do our Sunday roasts at home :P

2 weeks ago it was Aussie lamb at 440 baht/kg they have NZ lamb back in stock now 330 baht/kg

Ripped of again (joking):)

2 weeks ago it was Aussie lamb at 440 baht/kg they have NZ lamb back in stock now 330 baht/kg

dont mind as long as I get some lamb :P

Obvious evidence of a new lamb scamb! blink.gif

went down last night to the Kebab House in Rawai, what a good kebab, best thing was probably their yogurt dressing, kebabs quality food! I will eat there many times to!

adress check http://www.phuketgaz...rticle9870.html

i think there was another place to in rawai that served kebab to?, this place is new..

We tried the Kebab House today,nothing special..tried the doner kebab,no fresh vegetables in it just sauce.Chicken tasteless.(in menu picture has tomato and onion,salad)

The staff also used a Scale to measure the amount of chicken to use in the Kebab.:)

will not be going back there.

We tried the Kebab House today,nothing special..tried the doner kebab,no fresh vegetables in it just sauce.Chicken tasteless.(in menu picture has tomato and onion,salad)

The staff also used a Scale to measure the amount of chicken to use in the Kebab.:)

will not be going back there.

Thanks for the warning - I was going to try the place.

seems I got this in the wrong spot, I was refering to a small open air "box kitchen" next to villa market.

Sounds great, good one, thanks,.. Geez, I can pick em (NOT) I ate at an open air small place there, the manager used to manage a 5 star restaurant

in BKK, I just had the urge for some chips... took 25min (one other customer there) outside was burnt and the inside crunchy, I has hungry but could not

eat half of them, not fit for a dog... B65 I think..

I have to comment, I live here and have also lived many places around the globe and yes, am a Kebab, Yirros, Sharma fanatic big time. Sometimes when I get a good one I take one away to attempt to reheat later...(not recommended) Anyways, this is what I have found: Family Res next to Lotus Rawai = good value (when 90B) with good garlic sauce (I buy it from there in a container 1 and half kg take home.) and great chilli or hot sauce (I dont like it sweet and this is great stuff) There are many variations as you Kebab fans know, these have like a coleslaw filling as opposed to the lettuce/tomato/onion thing. If you catch the meat (good marinade) of chicken on a good day it is quite good, if on a bad day (30% of my visits) not so much, the meat will be tasteless like some kind of marinated carboard, in fact one day I could not eat more than half the meat even though hungry. The pittabread is made there too and they supply villa market (I heard) and other Kebab places. (Seems it's not easy to find on Phuket or bring from BKK, "theres one for you if u are a bakery!") So in summary of Family res I will keep going there until I find better. Kebab House : Went there once and will give them another go, but I had something else on the menu similar to a Kebab (I know this is off Kebab topic but) everything was made with care and fresh, but small.. I mean a normall farang chap would need 3 to be happy. Will go back and try the Kebabs when I am not too hungry (110B there abouts) Then there is a kebab place up the road a bit towards Rawai on the hill with, it seems part of a restaurant, I did not go in as I saw no others there and dont like getting sick because of "leftover meat" but will also try them. Please remember it seems hard to get consistant quality of food here, with cooks leaving, new staff, the boss not watching... and so on... So common you Kebab lovers and tell us whats what...

adress check http://www.phuketgaz...rticle9870.html

i think there was another place to in rawai that served kebab to?, this place is new..

Ricknroll BBQ in Kata. best in Phuket :) . I think there is another ricknroll thread here somewhere so I ll post there

What is that then??

RicnRoll is in the New Kata road, where the market is, wide road going from north end of Club Med to Patak road

half way up on left side, opposite "the Beach" guesthouse area

RicnRoll is in the New Kata road, where the market is, wide road going from north end of Club Med to Patak road

half way up on left side, opposite "the Beach" guesthouse area

Thank u for "where" but I am asking WHAT is the roll?

I believe it's a music cafe, and the roll is a play on ricknroll/rock n roll ... get it.