New Passport

Hi. I was recently denied a tourist visa beacuse she said I had too many already.

I am going to get a new passport as mine is almost full anways.

My question is should I get a passport renewal which is $110 or should I get a replacement pasport for lost or stolen which is $135

I would assume the renewal they would give me a passport with the same passport number.

And a lost or stolen passport you would get a new passport number. The reason I am asking is I am wondering if the thai consulate have your PP # on record and I dont want to be denied again. I dont think they are that organized but I am not sure.

If anyone can help with some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I know a guy who knows a guy who accidently washed his jeans with his passport in the pocket and all the ink ran and it was ruined. Silly fella.

Yes washing passports seems to be a common problem in Thailand, based on the number of posts that come up on this exact subject on TV....they really must tell their maids to empty the pockets on their clothes before washing them....:whistling:

...the UK does not issue a new passport with the same number as the one it replaces.

Neither do Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Thailand, according to my personal observation, and I doubt that any country does.

...I am wondering if the thai consulate have your PP # on record ...

Yes, zaxusa, the consulate keeps a record of your passport number, and also of your name, photograph and other details.

Yes, zaxusa, the consulate keeps a record of your passport number, and also of your name, photograph and other details.

Thanks, I wont be going back to Laos again anytime soon...

Which can easily be shared with other government offices. I don't ever recall signing a "Privacy Waiver" he he....for any info that the government has on me but safe to say that they share with other agencies.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Even my maid washed my passport in my pants by ACCIDENT! I can still see the photo page clearly as it is sealed in plastic and I can still see the visa date so It is not a problem according to immigration.

In December this year I am going to be Thai anyway so it becomes less important!

BB

Do you realize you need a police report to say your passport was stolen? What you are suggesting is illegal have you seen what the conditions are in Thai Jails?

Mis-declaring in a Police report leaves the perpetrator liable to up to a one year jail term or a 5,000 baht fine!

BB

Edited by Badbanker

I know a guy who knows a guy who accidently washed his jeans with his passport in the pocket and all the ink ran and it was ruined. Silly fella.

Yes washing passports seems to be a common problem in Thailand, based on the number of posts that come up on this exact subject on TV....they really must tell their maids to empty the pockets on their clothes before washing them....:whistling:

I was wondering why so many people store their passports in their pockets!

I was wondering why so many people store their passports in their pockets!

I don't think they store them in their pockets. They put them there just before washing.

I don't know about the US, but the UK does not issue a new passport with the same number as the one it replaces.

My last passport renewal (US) came with a new number. I remember it well as it screwed up a bunch of documents I needed to update including university letters for my immigration work extension. :D