Second Road Jomtien

xminator

No work done on the road from Pan Pan down towards Jomtien, except to somehow make it worse!

Yes ,just digging up more holes in that area and laying more pipes .About 10 workers at the most when it needs about 50 plus just in that area IMO ! .

So what's the "plan" for all that green space on the road? Totally built up in five to ten years?

I seem to recall from an early article re Second road Jomtien, that there will be a set-back regulation to allow for negotiation-free expansion of the road. Keep in mind, property acquisition was responsible for much of the delay.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I sit on my balcony and watch that intersection every day.

Surprisingly, I have yet to see an accident but it is waiting to happen.

The number of vehicles charging across Soi WatBoon at full-speed is shocking. :o

What effort required to make it a 4-way stop? Even if traffic lights are planned for later...

Can't wait until this is finished. Beach Road gets soooooo busy. This will help a lot!

I've seen where it ends up at Suk. They are making progress, but feel it will still be several years before it is finished. :(

P.S. where does it end? I saw a road just before they turned around.

Yes, I sit on my balcony and watch that intersection every day.

Surprisingly, I have yet to see an accident but it is waiting to happen.

The number of vehicles charging across Soi WatBoon at full-speed is shocking. :o

What effort required to make it a 4-way stop? Even if traffic lights are planned for later...

Four-way stop....you've been in Thailand too long. What's wrong with good old fashioned two-way stops with right filters tacked on the end. They work fine in the UK and cut the waiting time, which prompts so much of the red light jumping culture, in half.

The road is 100% better than what it was when I last saw it, in September last year.

I agree, the part they have completed (ish) is pretty good, just a shame that they haven't sorted out the most important bit between Hanuman statue and top of Soi 5, which would actually enable people to use it and perhaps avoid some of the queues to and from the Beach Road every weekend.

Can't wait until this is finished. Beach Road gets soooooo busy. This will help a lot!

I've seen where it ends up at Suk. They are making progress, but feel it will still be several years before it is finished. :(

P.S. where does it end? I saw a road just before they turned around.

The road you saw was Chayapruek Rd.

Four-way stop....you've been in Thailand too long. What's wrong with good old fashioned two-way stops with right filters tacked on the end. They work fine in the UK and cut the waiting time, which prompts so much of the red light jumping culture, in half.

How about a "mini roundabout"?

That should make things really confusing for the Thais.:whistling: