Events, Festivals, Parties,

BangTaoBoy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FC Phuket v Khon Kaen at Surakul Stadium TONIGHT!!! (insert retarded Patong accent)

If the Islanders win they will not only remain unbeaten, but move into a tie for first place in Div 1.

10% of the gate proceeds (tix 100 baht, kids free) go to Plook Panya Municipal School.

kickoff 6:30

NOTE TO MODERATORS:

Would it be possible to turn this thread upside down so the most recent events appear at the top.

It's a pain to have to navigate to the end every time...just an idea

FC Phuket v Port Authority @ Surakul Stadium on Saturday, May 4. kickoff 6:30pm.

The teams are in fifth and fourth place in Division 1, respectively, and separated by just one point.

A very important match for Phuket if they want to get back into the promotion zone.

• 2 weeks later...

I notice four upcoming events I noticed from signs around town.

Halal Expo: 31 May - 1 June @ Saphan Hin

Last year's event at Sanamchai was as good as it gets for a non-alcoholic affair. I guess they chose not to hold it there again so as not to provoke the protesters who oppose building the new Provincial Hall at that location.

Prison Product Fair: June 11 -17 @ Saphan Hin

Good stuff cheap, entertainment every night, BYOB. I like this one.

Phuket FC v Rayong FC: June 18 @ Surakul Stadium. kickoff at 6:30pm

This will really be a must-win if they want to maintain a chance for promotion, as they could only get a draw at Ayutthaya yesterday. The pic below is of the diehard supporters watching the game live at the Nok Sanam bar opposite the stadium yesterday

Baba Wedding: June 22-24 in Old Phuket Town

sponsored by the Phuket Peranakan (Straits Chinese) Assn

see: www.phuketbaba.com

Might be interesting for tourists unfamiliar with the Old Town.

In the past they had a series of events around the island.

There is also a fair on at Saphan Hin at the moment and they have closed off a section of the road just south of the stage area to accommodate it.

Anyway, it looks like I am the only one posting here. Let's try to keep this one alive people.

post-40708-0-86216400-1368334340_thumb.j

post-40708-0-44340700-1368334439_thumb.j

post-40708-0-35287200-1368334453_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

The US Navy League in Phuket (Southern Seaboard Council) is putting on what might be the largest Independence Day celebration ever seen in SEA, complete with air shows, plane rides, and hot air balloon rides. Admission free. More info here: http://www.navyleaguephuket.org/independence-day-2013/

Phulet Air Park Map: http://www.navyleaguephuket.org/independence-day-2013/#gmap_airpark

They are still looking for sponsors: http://www.navyleaguephuket.org/independence-day-2013-sponsors/#sponsorLevels

airshow.jpg

Derby: Phuket FC v Krabi FC. Kickoff 6:30pm tomorrow (Wednesday) at good old Surakul Stadium. There is definitely a rivalry here, with a number of Phuket fans having been held hostage in Krabi stadium after the team got a draw there last year. Phuket have not beaten Krabi since both sides got into Division 1 and it is a must win for both Phuket (fifth of 18) and Krabi (7th) if they want to maintain hopes of promotion to the TPL.

Let's hope for nice weather, a big turnout and a win after so many frustrating draws...

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend:

Saturday: World Ocean Day activities @Phuket Aquarium on Cape Panwa. Special activities and exhibitions all day. Free admission. Good for kids.

Sunday: Phuket FC v PTT Rayong @Suakul Stadium. Kickoff 6:30pm. A must win for the Islanders against the 2nd place team.

post-40708-0-04348100-1370571494_thumb.j

Hi all,

Members,specially Phuketsub, has been doing a great work publishing Phuket event information here.

Phuket have lots of events, but quite often those go unnoticed. There is posts to this topic, but at least for me, I might read new posts, and after few hours forget the event details.

Various medias have their own list of events, which are quite often full of 'Best BBQ events', which I consider more of an spam. Even Thaivisa have it's own list of the events http://phuket.thaivi...vals-in-phuket/. Once again, hidden on the webpage, where the information have to be separately checked. This simply does not work very well.

To solve this I created simple community calendar, which can be freely added to mobile phones or used by any websites. This way we can have event calendar available when ever we need to see what is happening around the island.

To add the calendar to your Google account calendar, simply click the '+ Google calendar' link on the calendar page.

The calendar URL: https://sites.google.com/site/phuketcalendar/

And an example when embedded to a website: http://panphuket.com/calendar

To add the calendar to PC or other devices, click the iCal link which is widely supported.

iCal https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/sjs4g4ncqm8enbe9f12thacf1s%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

I'm also looking for individuals who would be willing to manage, eg add events to the calendar. Please PM me if you are interested and willing to help.

The calendar is not affiliated with ThaiVisa.

post-58566-0-36075200-1370593731_thumb.jpost-58566-0-02204700-1370593741_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

There is an "Orchid Display" festival on at the central staging area at Saphan Hin. I was there yesterday late afternoon and it's pretty good; lots of food and entertainment. I didn't actually see any orchids, but I didn't go out of my way looking for them. The only drawback is that the beer sponsor is Chang, so you might consider bringing in your own.

This event runs 4-13 July.

Tesssaban Rawai "6th annual Keep Rawai Traditions going" fair time: 1pm -11pm, July 28

Seems to be a sort of cultural fair with performances and cultural exhibitions by "three generations" of performers.

If anyone has been to one of the previous installments pls let us know; I never go to Rawai.

Source: Tessaban Rawai>CityNews Cable TV>Facebook

July 20-21: Toyota Motorsport 2 @ Saphan Hin

Motor racing. Expect a lot of hi-so types down from Bangkok for this one.

July 22-24: 5th annual Kathu Street Culture Festival on Wichit Songram Road.

Opens at 5:30pm on the 22nd with a parade starting at the new market

• 3 weeks later...

Phuket FC v Nakhon Pathom United @ Surakul Stadium TONIGHT! TONIGHT!

Kickoff at 6:30pm

This will be the first match for new coach Brazilian Stefano Cugurra Teco after his predecessor forced to resign by some less-than-classy fans after the previous match, a 1-1 draw with Thai Tobacco Monopoly.

for more read here http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuketsports/2013/Phuket-FC-appoints-seasoned-Brazilian-as-new-coach-21874.html

• 2 weeks later...

Phuket FC v Air Force United tonight (Aug 21) @Surakul Stadium. Kickoff 6:30.

This is a big match for the team, now playing well under yet another new coach.

AirForce United are tied for 1st place with 48 points, while Phuket are in seventh place (tied with Saraburi).

Aug 27 - Sept 5: 2nd Annual Phuket Town "3 Generations Festival" (my translation), organized by Phuket City Municipality and the Phuket Elderly Association.

Activities to include students shows and 'ramwong' dances.

This may not sound too inspiring, but last year's inaugural event was pretty good -- if you are into cheap food, free entertainment and beer.

Note: For those who don't get to Saphan Hin often, they have repaved Soi Saphan Hin (the shortcut from Nimitr Circle to Saphan Hin) and done away with all the speed bumps and not-to-grade drainage basin covers. It's still way to narrow to drive comfortably, but an improvement.

There is also a new Paknam Seafood Restaurant along there, near the turnoff to the Saen Suk Community. It looks pretty nice, but I am not sure about the location.

Anyway, if the food is as good as the one in Rassada people will find it.

post-40708-0-68964700-1377164505_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight: Phuket FC v Ayutthaya

Surakul Stadium; kickoff 6:30pm

Entry 100 baht, kids free.

Get there by 6pm to get good, covered seats.

It seems like the Islanders have no realistic chance for promotion this season, but a loss in this match could start a real slide toward the relegation zone as Ayutthaya is the only team in DIV 1 without a road win.

Sept 5 & 6:

Crying Fowl:

Cheap (govt subsidized) chicken and eggs available from 7am to 11am at the Department of Internal Trade office at the corner of Montri and Luang Paw Road in Phuket Town.

They don't say how much, but expect a big crowd there to take advantage, despite the almost negligible publicity.

(photo of sign taken on the street outside their office)

Sept 7:

Snakeheads take note:

Miss Teen Thailand Southern Regional Finals.

@ Central Festival Phuket

8am to 6pm

Channel 7 to sponsor

(photo of sign taken at Sala Klang Intersection, Dumrong Rd)

post-40708-0-16266900-1378274646_thumb.j

post-40708-0-20556300-1378274770_thumb.j

September 17 to 21: San Jao Kuan Ou Chinese Shrine Fair

@ Chinese Shrine in Nabon, Chalong, Muang District

Highlight will be a concert by 'Ko Kai Kalamang' and "Ko Khai Naison",

starting at 5:30pm on September 19

I suppose this is to raise money to further build up the shrine.

September 22 to October 1: 4th Annual DDPM-Phuket Fair @Saphan Hin Central Stage Area

(DDPM-Phuket is the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation, Phuket Office)

Staged entertainment every night, organized in conjunction with Phuket City Municipality

Expect all the food, entertainment, etc., normally associated with a run-of-the-mill festival at Saphan Hin

No mention of a beer sponsor.

post-40708-0-41945200-1378873345_thumb.j

post-40708-0-27209200-1378873379_thumb.j

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aussies in Phuket will be having a Melbourne Cup Day at the Ao Chalong Yacht Club on the 5th November beginning at 9.30am. Entry fee includes a welcome drink, snacks & a sumptuous buffet overlooking the beautiful Chalong Bay. There will be lots of fun including some amazing prizes donated by local businesses. So put on your top hats & frills & get along for what promises to be a great social event. Bookings are essential & all details can be found on http://aussiesinphuket.com

BTW all nationalities are welcome.

November 1: Sek Loso Concert @ Mazda Field (Phang Nga Rd, near Sea Horse Circle), 7:30pm.

Tickets 380 baht.

Saw him at a small club in Bangkok about 5 years ago, broke out some Hendrix. That should be a good gig.

I do have a few concerns, however. There were a bunch of signs up around town advertising it that have since disappeared, though the main sign at the field is still there...I will have to get to the bottom of it and let you all know.

My other concern is whether or not it would be safe to take my daughter, age 8. She loves Loso, but I have been to other big outdoor concerts here that got out of control.

A third concern is the price: I can't remember the last time I had to pay for stage entertainment in Phuket! I always thought this was the upside to the fact that everything else here is overpriced.

FINALLY: (and with a view to staying on topic)

FC Phuket's last home match of the season is tonight against last-place Rayong.

Not much in it, really. Phuket is right at mid table and Rayong are gonna be relegated no matter what. The kickoff is earlier than usual, 5pm.

Congrats to AirForce United and PTT on their likely promotions..the third promo spot is still anyone's guess.

Archived