Large Lcd Advertising Board - Thepprasit/Thappraya Junction

whatchamacallit

I'm in View Talay 1a, on the South facing side. Fortunately the LCD screen is almost at a 90 degree angle from my room, so it doesn't really radiate into my sleeping space. If I was living at View Talay 2 though I would think about moving soon as the light appears to penetrate directly into the North-side facing rooms.

This LCD screen creates an incredible amount of illumination, if they keep this thing on all night the city will probably turn off the street lights on Theprasit Rd. from now on!

Also it's quite a contrast with the horrible dirt roads(perpetual road constuction project) of Jometien. Every time my girl and I scooter into Jometien I always say "welcome to Cambodia", that's about all I can get out before the dust and smoke clogs my airways. I can only imagine what the 2 week tourist must think when they have to ride this stretch of road everyday, what a disgusting scene.

Edited by Rimmer
profanity

I find the screen quite annoying and dangerous. Specially just around the time of

sunset. The setting sun and the bright light from the screen are absolutely blinding

for a couple of minutes. Standing at that red light during those times make me

totally blind ...

I find it absolutely irresponsible to erect that screen at that location. Typical TiT

decision. There must be laws against endangering traffic ?!

Cheers,

rudi

I agree - it's obnoxious and should be removed. Another example of the normal every-day lack of consideration for others. Same-same, the never ending perpetual road work in the area.

Maybe we could take up a collection to equip the motor-bike taxi guys on the corner with a couple of shotguns to do some "surgery" on the sign when nobody's looking? I suspect they'd welcome the opportunity to capture some extra Baht . . .:o

Edited by Rimmer
racicst

While we are talking about LCD screens, when the city decided to take down the traditional arch at the entrance of Walking Street, I figured the old sign would be replace with another ornate Thai styled sign...but no, the city officials had to put up a football screen that would do advertising. It is too bright and the steel rectangular boxed billboard just as will be along the highway to the airport.

While we are talking about LCD screens, when the city decided to take down the traditional arch at the entrance of Walking Street, I figured the old sign would be replace with another ornate Thai styled sign...but no, the city officials had to put up a football screen that would do advertising. It is too bright and the steel rectangular boxed billboard just as will be along the highway to the airport.

that sign does not belong to the city............yet

it belongs to a private company

they maintain it and sell advertising space on it

the city gets an allocation of free advertising for hosting it

after 15 years its donated to the city

I wonder what the electricity bill is for a screen that size. My mate who works on the International Space Station says he can see it clearly every time they pass over.

My mate's a Martian and he can't get to sleep cuz of that sign!