The Thing I Most Like

deejah

OP's No 1. sums it up for me. I actually do very little here but am extremely comfortable knowing that whatever I want is pretty much available if I do want it.

Edited by gmac

Actually Patters has everything I need, and living on the darkside/ East is very good. I would suggest that it might be easier to name things that are legal that you cannot do in Patters. I dont see anybody doing any rock climbing for instance (not that I would want to!)

Actually Patters has everything I need, and living on the darkside/ East is very good. I would suggest that it might be easier to name things that are legal that you cannot do in Patters. I dont see anybody doing any rock climbing for instance (not that I would want to!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rock climbing at Fairtex Fitness Complex - North Pattaya

( I could bring up a lot of negative things about Pattaya that in my Westen eyes could be easily fixed/ improved - but that is not the question on this post) Pattaya has a mix of Western restaurants, department stores, and cinemas along with the Thai way of life. It is a real mix of West and East which makes it funky and interesting. Fortunately there are decent hospitals near by and everyone understands English. The Pattaya beach is nice to look at (don't care to swim in it) and another great aspect o Pattaya is that things are cheaper here than at Phuket.

I like the changing seasons in Pattaya -- warm, hot, wet and dry. And the nice thing is that there is no need to vary clothing as the seasons change -- shorts and a t-shirt covers them all. I do miss the snow, though. But if global warming continues its current trend, we may be ice skating on Lake Maprachan by 2020.

I agree with the Original Poster. On a long holiday. Not trying to squeeze in every possible adventure in a week! Biggest decision each day is whether to turn to the left or the right. Go to the pool or sleep in. Go to the beach and take a nap. Get an affordable massage is pretty much a given every day. Catch a movie to beat the afternoon heat. Play some pool with the fellows at night. Enjoy hiking up the top of the hill in the park there. Eat lots of german food and schnitzel and potatoes and salat. Hop on a baht bus anytime and go about anywhere in the city. Pattaya is a good size for that. Take a bus up to Bangkok for a few days and take the BTS around. No driving hassles (unless you have a car!). I kind of like it when I don't drive for 50 days.

The 80 Baht an hour massage places quite close to where you live.

What sort of massage are you going to get for 80 Baht an hour? Last time I was in Pattaya a few years ago, it was 200 Baht an hour for really hard Thai (no oil or happy ending :lol: for that matter). It costs a lot more in Australia even without the happy ending.

I live outside of Pattaya and I go shopping there at the weekends, so being able to get some variety (of western food) is nice, but what I enjoy most is when I'm leaving Pattaya and heading back to the quieter and more reasonable area where I live. I can understand that many people like the place, but to me it's just a bunch of sprawling madness.

I live outside of Pattaya and I go shopping there at the weekends, so being able to get some variety (of western food) is nice, but what I enjoy most is when I'm leaving Pattaya and heading back to the quieter and more reasonable area where I live. I can understand that many people like the place, but to me it's just a bunch of sprawling madness.

Its a fair point, but wasn't it the "sprawling madness" that bought most people here in the first place.

Daily routine on holidays;

Early morning walk before it gets too hot. 90 minutes bowling with lady friend before lunch. Read/Snooze/people watch on the beach in the afternoon. Somehow manage to entertain myself in the evening when friend goes to her room for a few hours to eat with her daughter and do some shopping. :rolleyes: