Red/Yellow Critics - What'S Your Take On The Events In North Africa

Deeral

I'd be interested in hearing what the vociferous anti Redshirt lobby has to say about events in Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt and how it relates to statements such as the one below

"Do you mean freedom to burn commercial and key vital buildings???How pity are they including all their supporters! "

Edited by Deeral

Can you please translate -- How pity are they including all their supporters -- into something coherent?

In any case, as someone who isn't a fan of the reds or yellows in Thailand, and has indeed been vocally anti-Thaksin/anti-red, I can say that each country faces their own unique political situation.

In the case of Egypt, I would assume most westerners would be very happy to see the Mubarek regime toppled and replaced with something much more liberal and democratic. However, that doesn't mean that a successful revolt will bring that about. For all we know, the end result could be a very undesirable radical Islamic regime. BTW, the current revolt in Egypt doesn't resemble the Thaksinista/red shirt movement in any significant way. I see no contradiction at all in being anti-redshirt and also supporting those in the Egyptian public who are seeking real reforms.

Edited by Jingthing

The most obvious difference is that the protests in those countries seem to be genuine grassroots movements that are, at least in their initial stages, very loosely coordinated and without any figurehead or even obvious leaders. From the start the Redshirt movement was organized with a strong top-down leadership pulling all the strings.

None of the Wests business, though i do see Hilary Clinton the vulgar excuse for a human is butting her nose in, probably trying to get involved in a war.

But good luck to the uprisers, id hate to be a prole in an Arab country, powerful Arabs are worse then Ms Clinton.

Taksin isn't Mubarak, and red shirt terrorist scum arn't the same as the uprisers in Egypt. Mubarak is US puppet, Taksin ain't. Red shirts were paid, Egyptians look like they just boiled over. Kinda like Watts or something.

Taksin isn't Mubarak, and red shirt terrorist scum arn't the same as the uprisers in Egypt. Mubarak is US puppet, Taksin ain't. Red shirts were paid, Egyptians look like they just boiled over. Kinda like Watts or something.

Mubarak is not a US puppet. Closely aligned? Yes. Puppet? Absolutely not. If you want to learn more about the problems there, the New York Times has a great article talking about the problems Egypt if facing...which are many.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/29/world/middleeast/29mubarak.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=globasasa2

As well as a thread here on TV with great updates by LaoPo:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/438065-egyptian-government-to-make-important-announcement-shortly/

Power corrupts.

Sometimes the powerless rise.

That is the opportunety for new ones to grab power.

Then everything changes, but everything remains the same.

Same story everywhere in the world.

Let's wait a few more centuries, some day people WILL understand (or perish....)

The enemy is not the others, the enemy is POWER.

Edited by kropotkin