New Fiesta Sport 1.6

phupaman

Regarding the latest ford Deals,

We bought from Ford in Sukhumvit 62,

We got the Fiesta Sport 5 door "limited "Aurora Blue THB 719,000.

5% Down payment

Free 1st Yr Insurance,

Free Leather(Quite nice job too)

Free tint

Free Carpet mats

Free rubber boot liner

Free fuel 500 baht??(tank was nearly empty when we picked it up but!!)

Free Rain deflectors

Tried to get a few other things like free Xenons but sales guy said that was the best he could do.

SO far found the car nothing but a joy to drive. Steering and handling at speed is up there with my old Golf! Stereo with bluetooth is fun. Sound quality with 6 speakers is fantastic.

It is pretty decent build quality, feels very solid. Plastics are hard but, which I dont like. I will be removing the cheap looking chrome with piano black at some stage. Along with some Xenons to help brighten the road a bit at night. Most of the roads we drive are dark as at night.

We test drove nearly everything in the same price range (Jazz, Vios, Yaris, 2) and the Fiesta definitely stood out from the group as the one that suited us.

5% downpayment, whats the interest on remainer and number of terms, or monthly payment on how many terms?

I'd have to check with my partner on that one ;)

Sure interest is higher, but we needed the car and didn't have the cash for a bigger down payment.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the latest ford Deals,

We bought from Ford in Sukhumvit 62,

We got the Fiesta Sport 5 door "limited "Aurora Blue THB 719,000.

5% Down payment

Free 1st Yr Insurance,

Free Leather(Quite nice job too)

Free tint

Free Carpet mats

Free rubber boot liner

Free fuel 500 baht??(tank was nearly empty when we picked it up but!!)

Free Rain deflectors

Tried to get a few other things like free Xenons but sales guy said that was the best he could do.

SO far found the car nothing but a joy to drive. Steering and handling at speed is up there with my old Golf! Stereo with bluetooth is fun. Sound quality with 6 speakers is fantastic.

It is pretty decent build quality, feels very solid. Plastics are hard but, which I dont like. I will be removing the cheap looking chrome with piano black at some stage. Along with some Xenons to help brighten the road a bit at night. Most of the roads we drive are dark as at night.

We test drove nearly everything in the same price range (Jazz, Vios, Yaris, 2) and the Fiesta definitely stood out from the group as the one that suited us.

5% downpayment, whats the interest on remainer and number of terms, or monthly payment on how many terms?

I'd have to check with my partner on that one ;)

Sure interest is higher, but we needed the car and didn't have the cash for a bigger down payment.

I'm glad you like your car, and that blue top model looks great! It's one of my choices, or the base model mazda 2 for fun:) I'm keen to know your fuel economy, so can you fill us in on that when you get the time. How is the acceleration? The main problem I see is the lack of room in the rear with the font seat right back - I couldn't even get my feet behind the front seat in this position! There should be some carbon fibre trim parts for the fiesta now; those should enhance it a bit:)

Oh and what was your delievery time??

Edited by culicine

I'm glad you like your car, and that blue top model looks great! It's one of my choices, or the base model mazda 2 for fun:) I'm keen to know your fuel economy, so can you fill us in on that when you get the time. How is the acceleration? The main problem I see is the lack of room in the rear with the font seat right back - I couldn't even get my feet behind the front seat in this position! There should be some carbon fibre trim parts for the fiesta now; those should enhance it a bit:)

Oh and what was your delievery time??

We go the car about 2 1/2 weeks after we ordered. Dealer had 3 "limited" Fiesta Sports in stock.

Ours would have been quicker but I had the leather seats and tint done as well.

I agree , I'm 6'4" and I could not sit in the back for any longer than a few kms.

My daughter is in a car seat and has no probs with her leg room, (dirty feet on seat is gonna be fun), but we did swap her to passenger side.

Fuel economy is getting better (average is now down to 9L/100km) it was on 25 or so when we picked it up (only had 35 kms on the clock, so lots of sitting around with engine running ?)

on the highway down here in Hua Hin it averages about 7-7.5 with my driving- sitting at around 100-110km/hr

We got roughly 600kms out of the last tank so thats what average.

43L tank 600kms : 7.1L/100kms right?

Anyway, new engine, mostly highway kms 110km/hr that is where you will get the best economy.

I will have to check again after 2nd tank is empty and compare. This tank has been mostly short trips around town, the markets and the occasional dash down the highway.

Its the funny way you put it 7.75 Kpl is how i read it.A City does 17 down to 10 with my reps.

I put it in L/100km . Thats normally how we measure fuel consumption in Australia.

In kpl it works out to be about 15 Km/L average or for the Americans thats 37 miles per Gallon, just short of its claimed 40 miles per gallon.

Its the funny way you put it 7.75 Kpl is how i read it.A City does 17 down to 10 with my reps.

I put it in L/100km . Thats normally how we measure fuel consumption in Australia.

In kpl it works out to be about 15 Km/L average or for the Americans thats 37 miles per Gallon, just short of its claimed 40 miles per gallon.

You should reach 17km/l freeway only, once the engine has freed up a bit. It might take 5-10K kms though. Seemed to take ages in my honda civic to improve the economy from new:)

Did you do this calculation based on how much you put in (as opposed to the fuel take capacity? You will find there will still be several litres left in the tank after the warning light comes on. I'm also not sure how accurate the fuel economy meter is in these cars. You probably already know, but you should just measure to the first click at a bowser, set the trip meter, then return to the same bowser, one click again, and see how much petrol you used. You can use this to see how accurate your fuel economy meter is. It;s fun to diddle about with a new car like that:)

Gidday Beetle , made me chuckle there.L/100 K.M. Thats would take about a Month for ferangs here to hit such a long distace.They only go to Lotus on Saturday.And thats in a 3 Liter truck to fetch i Kilo of Soap Powder.. Just fill her up 100 % so you can see the fuel,not just auto pump cut, its no where near full most times, they just round off to the nearest 50 Bht, zero the trip, put up some KMs and re fill same pump, same time of day, temp wise, and you wont get much nearer than that without the Ford Plug In Meter..

Gidday Beetle , made me chuckle there.L/100 K.M. Thats would take about a Month for ferangs here to hit such a long distace.They only go to Lotus on Saturday.And thats in a 3 Liter truck to fetch i Kilo of Soap Powder.. Just fill her up 100 % so you can see the fuel,not just auto pump cut, its no where near full most times, they just round off to the nearest 50 Bht, zero the trip, put up some KMs and re fill same pump, same time of day, temp wise, and you wont get much nearer than that without the Ford Plug In Meter..

lol wandrinstar.

I had one fuel station ask me how to open the fuel cap? haha (it is capless)

Thanks for the mileage calculation tips, overall I have never been anal with stuff like that, otherwise I would have just bought a prius or something.(not my cup of tea)

I bought the fiesta for a fun drive- with reasonable economy!

Its nice to think that when I slow my foot down I can get good mileage as well.

Here is an interesting thing I discovered .

When the car is in N or P it has a rev limit at 3,000 rpm!

I guess thats there to prevent people overheating there engines? or maybe to prevent noise?

Any thoughts anyone?

um, hitting the rev limiter at 3,000 is not exactly exciting. Maybe a v8 hitting the rev limit of 8,000 rpm would sound a bit sweeter. ;)

I had the Srereo Blasting in my Range Rover a few years back, reversed by rolling back down a hill,didn't notice id maxed the revs and engaged drive on the flat, bloody great BANG, gearbox ducked up.Perhaps that's why its limited revs. I'm looking forward to a Fiesta or anything cheerful.

lol wandrinstar.

Thanks for the mileage calculation tips, overall I have never been anal with stuff like that, otherwise I would have just bought a prius or something.(not my cup of tea)

I guess thats there to prevent people overheating there engines? or maybe to prevent noise?

Any thoughts anyone?

um, hitting the rev limiter at 3,000 is not exactly exciting. Maybe a v8 hitting the rev limit of 8,000 rpm would sound a bit sweeter. ;)

was slightly worried about the rev limiter, but as long as ECU accepts 6k rpm in R it should be good fun anyway :D

enjoy your ride. Fiesta 1,6 dsg S is FUN

lol wandrinstar.

Any thoughts anyone?

was slightly worried about the rev limiter, but as long as ECU accepts 6k rpm in R it should be good fun anyway :D

Hey Kata,

What ECU plug and play are you using?

Any thoughts anyone?

It's to prevent you over-revving it, dropping it into D and destroying a PDK clutch.

lol wandrinstar.

Any thoughts anyone?

Hey Kata,

What ECU plug and play are you using?

cheap racechip.de for diesels, non for NA petrol as very little gain if any. turbo petrol is another story, but dont own any presently

Any thoughts anyone?

It's to prevent you over-revving it, dropping it into D and destroying a PDK clutch.

Aha, thats why, I couldn't work it out because I always saw on youtube, clips of "Exhaust Sound" banging off the rev limiter in Park or Neutral.

I would like to say yes and it would make sense, but you know better. TIT

Ford TH has not adjusted yet

Fiesta used to be 6 months ago, 10% down and 1,99% on 48 terms,

then went to 20% down and 2,25% on 48 terms,

and today is 20% down and 2,55% on 48 terms

however outgoing Ranger is today zero down and zero interest on 48 terms :)

Anyone know or got that 20% down and 2.55% over 48months period as foreigner?

Everytime I walk in to a cardealer I "smell" 30% down before I even have talked to any salesperson! :(

Maybe I look to gullible!

Everytime I walk in to a cardealer I "smell" 30% down before I even have talked to any salesperson! :(

If you have credit history, work permit, constant salary, you should be able to get it. Others will give you better info than this. My car is in my name but I paid 50% on my first car, should have no problem with 20% for the next.

Any thoughts anyone?

Aha, thats why, I couldn't work it out because I always saw on youtube, clips of "Exhaust Sound" banging off the rev limiter in Park or Neutral.

It's also to keep you from over-revving the engine while it's not under load as that can more easily blow it, it's intended to run under load which by it's very nature can limit revs..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Farang you mean? It's standard kit, we all have that look to Thai's until we demonstrate otherwise..

Farang you mean? It's standard kit, we all have that look to Thai's until we demonstrate otherwise..

yes, 15% down and 2,55% on 48 terms two days ago, its a Tisco-FordTh deal. but I found the rearseat is really cramped for a 700k baht car

they often pull the farang 30% on me too, but then I ask them to call Tanachart to check my credit, and things normalise :)

Things change fast here. (Sales probably up :)!) Just come back from Ford Phuket, and it’s now 2.65% and 20% down. But great service from (Khun J) Compared to Honda where I previously have bought 2 cars and got mildly said disappointed earlier this week I got the feeling that they really wanted to sell me a car at Ford....and 20% down should be possible. I was told they(Ford) had offered cars with so low as 5% downpayment. My problem is no work permit (never worked here) but my embassy pension statement usually helps!

Hi Guys,

Anyone know anything more about the Fiesta "Plus" sport Limited edition?

Seems every other month now they have a new "Limited edition"

I saw it in a thai car mag- special deal for a new car show coming up,

price is around 724,000 THB?

thinking it must have leather and xenons or something to sell at that price.

Hi Guys,

That's not much of a special deal when you got to pay more! With this rebate scheme and the fact that fiesta 1.6 doesn't qualify, they seem to be pushing themselves into a different market - competing with 1.6 of other brands. If they kitted out the 1.4 and made that more attractive I'd take a closer look at that. Haven't seen anything of this new deal on their website.

Hi Guys,

That's not much of a special deal when you got to pay more! With this rebate scheme and the fact that fiesta 1.6 doesn't qualify, they seem to be pushing themselves into a different market - competing with 1.6 of other brands. If they kitted out the 1.4 and made that more attractive I'd take a closer look at that. Haven't seen anything of this new deal on their website.

Yep, nothing on the website about it, only the previous "Blue Edition limited" which we bought.

We got free leather with our car so I dont know what extra they could throw in to justify the extra Bahts!!

My Neighbour has one 4 door saloon sport with powershift, tells me he is vey happy with it and excellent fuel economy.

I test drove the hatchback sport and was very impressed with the 6 speed powershifts seamless changes,

Dealer in Jomtien (Pattaya) not interested in discounts, apart from tints on windows. I noted that the 4 door saloon has leather and climate standard , both extras in 5 door hatch, great little car in my opinion

I bought a Fiesta Sport Powershift 1.6 from Ford Chonburi in August. Very happy with the car. Goes like the clappers. First, here's the deal I got: Finance over 4 years @ 2.3% interest. Free 1st class Ins. 10,000 discount

[ because my company is a regular buyer at this particular dealership ] 500 baht of free petrol. My choice of 3 free add-ons from the catalogue. Stuff like boot liner, window visors etc...

Had the windows tinted 60% also included.

It has a USB port so you can shove in 300 albums instead of fooling with CDs. 6 speakers [ better than the sound system in my last car - Nissan Sunny ] Hands free phone [symbian OS only] via bluetooth. Voice recognition for phone, music, climate control.. etc [car does not speak Thai - that's why the Thais all buy the hatchback] Leather seats, but plastic surrounds [ not too tacky] Nice dash, Lots of nice lighting touches. Climate control includes heater! Dash readout covers a lot more info than usual on a cheap car. The 6 speed - in my opinion - comes into it own above 120 kph. I drove it Buriram and tested it for grunt. The thing is happy cruising at 150 on a long straight road. That extra gear gives you overtaking space at very high speed, which might not matter to most, but I find it handy. It does feel a bit small inside, but seats are comfortable and very adjustable. Remember, it's a sports car. Airbags everywhere. Power steering is very nice and light. Turning circle tiny. Warning beeper sensor for reversing very handy too.

So the car's great. Now the bad news. The Ford dealership in Chonburi took it upon itself to deliver my new car with FAKE PLATES. I was pulled over and fined for this. I took it up with Ford customer service and received the expected lack of action. They offered to pay my fine. No action was taken re. fake plates although this is -on paper- an offense that can get you 5 years in the slammer. After repeated requests to get the dam_n fake plates off my car at once and put white ones on it [ this was well over the time the switch should normally should have been done] they took no action.

I contacted an attorney. I was told it would cost 150000 to win the case. But the payout would probably be half that. Don't do it, they advised. I didn't. I contacted a friend who sent his wife into Ford with instructions to take no prisoners. She apparently had them up against the wall, because my white plates were delivered to my home the next day with the fine money.

BEWARE - fake red plates are not embossed [lower right corner about the size of a 10 baht coin] and they're made of tin. Real plates are aluminium.

Hi,

I have just picked up my Fiesta 1.6S, and so far (less than 12 hours in) I have no complaints... however, what are peoples' thoughts about the dual clutch when driving at slow speeds - I have already noticed the car either slowing quicker than expected under engine braking or 'jumping/twitching' slightly when not sure which gear to go in.

This is my first dual clutch and this might be normal and just take getting used to/change of driving style, or it might be jumpy as its brand new and settle down after a bit... or the car is <deleted>, hence I would be interested in knowing your thoughts.

I love the bluetooth option - set it up for my missus, but she got pissed that I set her big sister as 'sister' and not 'pee' (she never calls her sister 'sister'... d'oh!) however, the USB stick I put in wasn't recognized... it was formatted NTFS, so will try FAT system tomorrow and hope for better results as this is a big point for me. Oh, finally, whilst I'm on one, has anyone had trouble with the iPod? If I use the standard AUX jack I can hear everything and control the iPod from the unit itself, but if I connect it via the USB cable, I can control the iPod via the menu on the dashboard (safer) but there is no sound. I know Ford sell a 'special' iPod USB connector, anyone got one and does this solve the problem?

After rereading my post, sounds like I could have a lemon on my hands!!! haha... fingers crossed it's just me being a dufus :-)

Cheers

Jim

My Neighbour has one 4 door saloon sport with powershift, tells me he is vey happy with it and excellent fuel economy.

I test drove the hatchback sport and was very impressed with the 6 speed powershifts seamless changes,

Dealer in Jomtien (Pattaya) not interested in discounts, apart from tints on windows. I noted that the 4 door saloon has leather and climate standard , both extras in 5 door hatch, great little car in my opinion

I bought a Fiesta Sport Powershift 1.6 from Ford Chonburi in August. Very happy with the car. Goes like the clappers. First, here's the deal I got: Finance over 4 years @ 2.3% interest. Free 1st class Ins. 10,000 discount

[ because my company is a regular buyer at this particular dealership ] 500 baht of free petrol. My choice of 3 free add-ons from the catalogue. Stuff like boot liner, window visors etc...

Had the windows tinted 60% also included.

It has a USB port so you can shove in 300 albums instead of fooling with CDs. 6 speakers [ better than the sound system in my last car - Nissan Sunny ] Hands free phone [symbian OS only] via bluetooth. Voice recognition for phone, music, climate control.. etc [car does not speak Thai - that's why the Thais all buy the hatchback] Leather seats, but plastic surrounds [ not too tacky] Nice dash, Lots of nice lighting touches. Climate control includes heater! Dash readout covers a lot more info than usual on a cheap car. The 6 speed - in my opinion - comes into it own above 120 kph. I drove it Buriram and tested it for grunt. The thing is happy cruising at 150 on a long straight road. That extra gear gives you overtaking space at very high speed, which might not matter to most, but I find it handy. It does feel a bit small inside, but seats are comfortable and very adjustable. Remember, it's a sports car. Airbags everywhere. Power steering is very nice and light. Turning circle tiny. Warning beeper sensor for reversing very handy too.

So the car's great. Now the bad news. The Ford dealership in Chonburi took it upon itself to deliver my new car with FAKE PLATES. I was pulled over and fined for this. I took it up with Ford customer service and received the expected lack of action. They offered to pay my fine. No action was taken re. fake plates although this is -on paper- an offense that can get you 5 years in the slammer. After repeated requests to get the dam_n fake plates off my car at once and put white ones on it [ this was well over the time the switch should normally should have been done] they took no action.

I contacted an attorney. I was told it would cost 150000 to win the case. But the payout would probably be half that. Don't do it, they advised. I didn't. I contacted a friend who sent his wife into Ford with instructions to take no prisoners. She apparently had them up against the wall, because my white plates were delivered to my home the next day with the fine money.

BEWARE - fake red plates are not embossed [lower right corner about the size of a 10 baht coin] and they're made of tin. Real plates are aluminium.

Hi Rockderk,

I agree with you, they go great at highway speeds, feels alot like a bigger engine than a 1.6.

I drove back from Bangkok to Hua Hin late night the day before and was happily chugging along at 120, revs around 2800-3000 rpmand fuel economy seems better because of the gearing.

After I bought our 5 door Sport, I was surprised it didn't have the climate control fitted, after some investigation I discovered the climate is not standard fit, only on the 4 door.

Not sure why the cheaper car has the higher tech system? and leather seats standard?

So no voice activated Climate control, we got the leather seats and very happy.

Just wondering if you have the 4 door or if you have the 5 door you had it fitted as an option?

Im not that fussed as I find the voice control a little annoying after the 1st week of driving. It reminds me of the annoying telephone answering services some companies use!!

Don't get me wrong, for bluetooth phone use it is great, but for everything else its fiddly and you have to remember certain "key words" to shortcut the menu, or you waste time trying to get what you want!

Stereo is really very good, sound is as good as the system in our 10 year old Volvo XC70 if not better!! Im not kidding.

Hi,

I have just picked up my Fiesta 1.6S, and so far (less than 12 hours in) I have no complaints... however, what are peoples' thoughts about the dual clutch when driving at slow speeds - I have already noticed the car either slowing quicker than expected under engine braking or 'jumping/twitching' slightly when not sure which gear to go in.

This is my first dual clutch and this might be normal and just take getting used to/change of driving style, or it might be jumpy as its brand new and settle down after a bit... or the car is <deleted>, hence I would be interested in knowing your thoughts.

I love the bluetooth option - set it up for my missus, but she got pissed that I set her big sister as 'sister' and not 'pee' (she never calls her sister 'sister'... d'oh!) however, the USB stick I put in wasn't recognized... it was formatted NTFS, so will try FAT system tomorrow and hope for better results as this is a big point for me. Oh, finally, whilst I'm on one, has anyone had trouble with the iPod? If I use the standard AUX jack I can hear everything and control the iPod from the unit itself, but if I connect it via the USB cable, I can control the iPod via the menu on the dashboard (safer) but there is no sound. I know Ford sell a 'special' iPod USB connector, anyone got one and does this solve the problem?

After rereading my post, sounds like I could have a lemon on my hands!!! haha... fingers crossed it's just me being a dufus :-)

Cheers

Jim

Hey Jim,

Congrats on your new purchase.

I had similar issues with the DCT box at low speeds, find it an odd system, but it comes into its own on the freeways. Effortless cruising at 100 plus kms.

Engine has plenty of pull, torque nice when its moving- not great for standing starts though, it tends to need some movement before you put your foot down.

regarding the ipod connectivity, I prefer the bluetooth method as it works so well, fades out your song when a phone call comes in and then back after the call.

(today I even discovered.. got in the car while I was on a call, as soon as I started the car it swapped automatically to the car system!!)

If you want to have full control via usb, you need the ford cable (its only 500 baht so no biggy) I plain forgot to add it when I picked up the car! You can use a standard APple usb cable but you will need an audio line in cable (stereo mini jack) as well to get sound and then you got wires everywhere!

I'm happy with bluetooth, I dont get track info but can skip tracks and volume etc. But the ford cable is on my list when I take the car back to fix a little problem with the back leather seats- dealer fitted dodgy stuff up!

USB system works fine, i was using an old 4 gb drive I have had for ages- I think it uses FAT but try and see.

There is a great US forum called www.fiestafaction.com which should be able to give you an idea with what you can do to get a bit more out of the standard car.

Locky