Moving House In Bangkok

oldmajor

Hello all,I will be moving house within Bangkok and would like some recommendations on local removal companies. I looked back at historical posts but didn't find too much. I will only be moving about 4kms. I moved within BKK about 4 years ago and used Smiles, but they don't seem to be around any more.

About seven years back we used Crown Removals for a similar move, perhaps 5 kilometres across Bangkok:

- They asked all the right questions when we made the booking, including lots of information about where they could park their truck at both the departure and the receiving condo site, and lots more questions, all very focused

- They visited both sites for a quick check

- They called 2 days before the move to quickly double check lots of details, again all very focused

- They called the day before to reconfirm timings etc.

- They arrived on time, all very well organized. Packing materials all well organized. Crew obviously trained in packing methods, etc.

- Supervisor was organized, nice manner with the customer and his crew

- They packed everything, including all glassware, plates etc., and clothes, etc, all done quickly and carefully

- They unloaded and put everything into cupboards etc., in new location, supervisor kept checking that there were no misunderstandings etc. Nothing broken, nothing damaged.

- All of the crew were friendly and pleasant and customer focused

- All up cost 5,500Baht, but as mentioned that's seven years back, cost today would clearly be more.

But for srevice I would rate them 10/10.

Good luck.

I would seriously say to talk with one of the motorcycle taxis close to your house where you stay now. They are the BEST source of information in ALL of Thailand and will find trucks etc for you within 30 minutes and that way your also helping the small folk get some cash. And I wouldnt worry to much about mis-trust. If it's only 4 kilo just hang with the truck etc.

I have always asked them whenever I need ANY info.

I used JVK Movers http://www.jvkmovers.com/ for my move and was very happy with them. Very careful (nothing broken, chipped or scratched) and fast.

I did get a quote from Asian Tigers. I got the impression they didn't want my business. They said the job would take three days. JVK did it in one, and at less than half the Asian Tigers quote.

About seven years back we used Crown Removals for a similar move, perhaps 5 kilometres across Bangkok:

- They asked all the right questions when we made the booking, including lots of information about where they could park their truck at both the departure and the receiving condo site, and lots more questions, all very focused

- They visited both sites for a quick check

- They called 2 days before the move to quickly double check lots of details, again all very focused

- They called the day before to reconfirm timings etc.

- They arrived on time, all very well organized. Packing materials all well organized. Crew obviously trained in packing methods, etc.

- Supervisor was organized, nice manner with the customer and his crew

- They packed everything, including all glassware, plates etc., and clothes, etc, all done quickly and carefully

- They unloaded and put everything into cupboards etc., in new location, supervisor kept checking that there were no misunderstandings etc. Nothing broken, nothing damaged.

- All of the crew were friendly and pleasant and customer focused

- All up cost 5,500Baht, but as mentioned that's seven years back, cost today would clearly be more.

But for srevice I would rate them 10/10.

Good luck.

I second that. Crown moved my stuff from NL to TH.

10/10 from me too.

Top notch on both sides.

Considering to ask them for a quote when we move later this year.