Living Costs For Girlfriend And Son.

gerry67

Most Thais only earn about 6000baht a month. obviously the professionals will earn more but in general its about 300baht a day.Does that put things in prospective for you .

a mia noi will expect to earn more, especially if her employer is farang.

Get yourself out in to the real Thailand and look at the factory's full of Burmese and the rest working for half the pay a Thai will get.

i agree with you 100% - why do you seem to disagree with me?

Again: why do you seem to disagree with me?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give my MIL 3,200bht a month to live on. She has her own house (hut)

That gives her a life of luxury, according to her and her envious neighbours.

I am told that 5,000bht a month would be plenty to support a woman and child in a village setting.

Village wages 100bht a day (3,000bht a month)

School is free in Thailand.

FIDEL,

You have posted many sensible posts.

But.

You GIVE your MIL 3.200 a month?

Why?

Can you give me some too?

My kwai is sick, i love you, i am a lazy bum, you are rich and i am poor, i could put bad thoughts into your wife's head, i need to make merrit by feeding the monks, and so on.

Anyway, i always preferred CHE over Fidel.

The farm workforce consisted of my girl and her daughter.

As I have removed them from the farm it is no longer workable, leaving MIL with a non-operational farm.

So I thought it only right to give her some cash, but in exchange she agreed to leave the entire property to my girl.

The alternative, me living and working on the farm in the back end of beyond was to awful too contemplate.

Edited by pjclark1

You seem worried about where the extra 15K is going. You obviously have limited trust in this gal. This should worry you because there's a kid involved. If she's an (ex) bargirl then you could send her 200K per month and your son is still only going to receive the bare essentials with the rest of the money going (elsewhere).

90% of Thais live (and manage to drink whiskey and gamble) on 3-6 thousand baht per month.

Good Luck to ya

I do not understand the point of your post and your hostile response?

The OP has asked some opinions about living expenses for a mother and child, any other advice and whether or not the mother is a bargirl or a reformed Nun is irrelavant.

If he has no worries then there would be not original post.

The OP has obviously knocked up a bargirl and knows that she, being a third world person, has no concept of much beyond what she will eat tomorrow (if that).

If the gal is not willing to go to the guy's country with the kid then he should only send 6-10K bahtper month. Anything more will only go towards gambling and whiskey.

Have you ever smelled a monkey?

Stating that a monkey smells so bad that one may want to puke is not being hostile.

Know what I mean?

You seem worried about where the extra 15K is going. You obviously have limited trust in this gal. This should worry you because there's a kid involved. If she's an (ex) bargirl then you could send her 200K per month and your son is still only going to receive the bare essentials with the rest of the money going (elsewhere).

90% of Thais live (and manage to drink whiskey and gamble) on 3-6 thousand baht per month.

Good Luck to ya

I do not understand the point of your post and your hostile response?

The OP has asked some opinions about living expenses for a mother and child, any other advice and whether or not the mother is a bargirl or a reformed Nun is irrelavant.

If he has no worries then there would be not original post.

The OP has obviously knocked up a bargirl and knows that she, being a third world person, has no concept of much beyond what she will eat tomorrow (if that).

If the gal is not willing to go to the guy's country with the kid then he should only send 6-10K bahtper month. Anything more will only go towards gambling and whiskey.

Have you ever smelled a monkey?

Stating that a monkey smells so bad that one may want to puke is not being hostile.

Know what I mean?

Abrupt as your posting has been on this subject, perhaps with good reason, that sir is spot on for most part.

The farm workforce consisted of my girl and her daughter.

As I have removed them from the farm it is no longer workable, leaving MIL with a non-operational farm.

So I thought it only right to give her some cash, but in exchange she agreed to leave the entire property to my girl.

The alternative, me living and working on the farm in the back end of beyond was to awful too contemplate.

FIDEL,

I apologize for being nosy and for doubting you.

Please do not tell RAUL.

Hasta la victoria siempre!

Ignore those little boys. Give whatever your comfortable with. If your comfortable with 25k then that's cool.

while you are right with that post it never hurts to know how much would be really needed. 25k is a lot of money for most Thais and she would be able to live quite comfortable on that.

I did read it. <deleted> if you have nothing to say to the OP.

Read it again.

In post 1 the OP asks what is a reasonableamount to live on. He does not want psychological advise.

In post 4 the OP says that he feels he is sending rather much.

In my posts i said 6.000 is the average wage, to be compared to the 25.000 the OP sends, i think that is a usefull answer to the OP.

And what does <deleted> mean?

Read it again.

In post 1 the OP asks what is a reasonableamount to live on. He does not want psychological advise.

In my posts i said 6.000 is the average wage, to be compared to the 25.000 the OP sends, i think that is a usefull answer to the OP.

<deleted> = Shut the fuc_k UP

Read it again.

<deleted> means 'shut the f..k up'.

Ignore him, he's only trying to justify his own expenditure.

So unless you have something for the OP and not to me. Do it.

Rob- your right, it seems like a lot where we sit. But like most things we don't know nearly all of the facts.

I do know if he cuts his support his child will bear the brunt. It's hard.

You can join him child. Contribute to the OP. You have no idea.

Read it again.

<deleted> means 'shut the f..k up'.

Ignore him, he's only trying to justify his own expenditure.

<deleted> means that the poster is rude for no reason.

Is the rudeness induced by Leo? or Chang? or Kao Lao? Or is it chronical?

We can only guess.

Good one. Tonight it is Chang. Rude...?

Perhaps.

But, unless you have something on topic to say to the OP then do it.

Simple.

On topic only

We can only guess.

Perhaps.

Simple.

On topic only

Which roughly translates as: "I've made a bit of a prat of myself and want to change the subject" rolleyes.gif

Bear in mind that most Thais seldom live alone so overheads are often shared.

I'd say 25k is fair enough. It will cover the basics and give you a bit of breathing space but few real luxuries.

Personally I couldn't live on that little. We spend about 50k a month on basics and then probably another 30K on top of that but that's in BKK.

Ignore those little boys. Give whatever your comfortable with. If your comfortable with 25k then that's cool.

while you are right with that post it never hurts to know how much would be really needed. 25k is a lot of money for most Thais and she would be able to live quite comfortable on that.

And others. :)

May I ask an off topic question please?

Why is it that in TV almost every poster formulates extreme opinions?

hehehe that happens to me too....

And while i am off topic, another question, a rethorical one this time.

Is it because an internet forum is the modern version of a bar?

Most Thais only earn about 6000baht a month. obviously the professionals will earn more but in general its about 300baht a day.Does that put things in prospective for you .

"Most Thais earn only about 6000Baht a month" and there is another poster kdc1699 above who says "90% of Thais earn 6000Baht a month". Do you really think so?? I live in Bangkok, and apart from no-experience fresh unskilled labourers whose minimum wage without overtime is around this figure, it is not possible to find good experienced unskilled Thais who would work for this salary (say full time maid, security gaurd, shop assistant, etc). Even illegal Burmese and Cambodians are now demanding 250B/day. A good welder, mason, bricklayer, car driver, full time cook etc demand over 12k excluding overtime. There is a very visible upper, middle class and lower class in all major cities. 6000B/month is the poverty class which unfortunately does exist but to say 90% of Thais live in poverty is stretching it a bit far and unfair.

May I ask an off topic question please?

Why is it that in TV almost every poster formulates extreme opinions?

hehehe that happens to me too....

And while i am off topic, another question, a rethorical one this time.

Is it because an internet forum is the modern version of a bar?

Perhaps from experience or experiences of others. I could write a book. :)

We can only guess.

Perhaps.

Simple.

On topic only

Which roughly translates as: "I've made a bit of a prat of myself and want to change the subject" rolleyes.gif

NO, I never initiated any type of conversation, so why would I change it. The dude told me to go read the first post, I told him to <deleted> and stay on topic. Why does he feel the need to communicate with me.

My message has never changed. <deleted> and address the topic.

OP- My original message still stands. Give what you feel comfortable with.

I understand your seeking advice and thats cool. Try asking your girlfriend what she does with the money.

If you want advice, solicit it from people who are in similar situations.

Krop's wife is 52 and probably hasn't raised kids in 40 yrs.

His claim to fame on here is he travels from thread to thread talking about how he doesn't spend any money, well sometimes he likes to bash Thai's and personal religious beliefs.

He'll also moan about wasting food. He likes to point out that at 56, he is a burden to his in-laws. Typical of his kind really.

Moonraker- I don't think he lives in Thailand, I think he is khmer, therefore his wife and child could survive on a mouthful of spit for a month.

Now I know your type of people like to stir up shit to feel good, high and mighty, and intellectual...

But really, stay on topic or <deleted>.

Now do it.

We can only guess.

Perhaps.

Simple.

On topic only

NO, I never initiated any type of conversation, so why would I change it. The dude told me to go read the first post, I told him to <deleted> and stay on topic. Why does he feel the need to communicate with me.

My message has never changed. <deleted> and address the topic.

OP- My original message still stands. Give what you feel comfortable with.

I understand your seeking advice and thats cool. Try asking your girlfriend what she does with the money.

If you want advice, solicit it from people who are in similar situations.

Krop's wife is 52 and probably hasn't raised kids in 40 yrs.

His claim to fame on here is he travels from thread to thread talking about how he doesn't spend any money, well sometimes he likes to bash Thai's and personal religious beliefs.

He'll also moan about wasting food. He likes to point out that at 56, he is a burden to his in-laws. Typical of his kind really.

Moonraker- I don't think he lives in Thailand, I think he is khmer, therefore his wife and child could survive on a mouthful of spit for a month.

Now I know your type of people like to stir up shit to feel good, high and mighty, and intellectual...

But really, stay on topic or <deleted>.

Now do it.

You are so wrong.

Wife is 55, and i am 59.

I am very surprised how long some of the numbers are stated in this post about how little some people can live on - with a family!!!

I am married but no kids, house and car paid for, only utilities to pay for and i would say i need at LEAST 70-80K a month to live comfortably....

There is a BIG difference between existing and living!!

JH

I am very surprised how long some of the numbers are stated in this post about how little some people can live on - with a family!!!

I am married but no kids, house and car paid for, only utilities to pay for and i would say i need at LEAST 70-80K a month to live comfortably....

JH

maybe that is why some red shirted northerners are sometimes making excursions to BKK

Indeed there is.

I can't understand why so many people live such frugal lives here. It can't be enjoyable at all.

One friend of ours never uses his AC even in April because he reckons its too pricey yet I know his income is comfortably in 6 figures (THB) per month.

The mind boggles.