Living Costs For Girlfriend And Son.

gerry67

I didn't know either, but it's quite easy to look for an accredited charity and find out.. :whistling:

http://www.worldvisi...sor-a-Child-Now

Thank you........you have provided a link which tells me how much the charity would like me to donate.......(equates to the TG requesting 25k a month right?).

How much does it actually cost to fund the child and how much does the charity deduct for administration costs? (similar to the question from the OP right)

Perhaps you can provide a website to answer this question (You know...... something similar to Tvisa)......:D .

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<deleted> means that the poster is rude for no reason.

Is the rudeness induced by Leo? or Chang? or Kao Lao? Or is it chronical?

We can only guess.

Probably hereditary mate, i often see it...........sad i know, but thats how some of the 'slags' are in here, we just have to give them the respect they deserve and get on with enjoying life in LOS.

May I ask an off topic question please?

Why is it that in TV almost every poster formulates extreme opinions?

hehehe that happens to me too....

And while i am off topic, another question, a rethorical one this time.

Is it because an internet forum is the modern version of a bar?

Bloody marvellous idea, wait till i pour myself another Rum & Capt Morgans :):D :D :D ..........:bah: oops , not again !

I am very surprised how long some of the numbers are stated in this post about how little some people can live on - with a family!!!

I am married but no kids, house and car paid for, only utilities to pay for and i would say i need at LEAST 70-80K a month to live comfortably....

There is a BIG difference between existing and living!!

JH

Surely , where you live makes a difference ?

If it were me, i would say.........Look darling, i know i am 'handsome man' but you do not need 25k per month, so i am going to give you 15k and put 10k into bank account for baby's education etc., if you need any more just tell me and we will use from baby's monthly deposit. She will manage easily i am sure.

To look on the bright side there are some ladies out there that put the money into their own account - I lived next door to one who delighted in telling me about the money she was making... she thought I'd be impressed, rather than appalled. The difference between Thai culture and Western culture.

I know a lady who has three Falang husbands. I dated her when she only had two. She had some spare time then. At first I was a bit appalled too.

But she was beautiful in an international sense. She had everything going for her and natural too. One of those oddities of nature, you could never guess where she was from if you saw her at an international airport. Healthy build, nice complexion and a great smile. She never was a bar girl. She could have made it big time as a dancer but never did. I think her husbands are appalling. How anyone can be so stupid is beyond me. Although who knows what drove them to fund a marriage in such silly circumstances (not being there) is anyone's guess.

I have met a lot of Thai women with two husbands and three boyfriends that seems to be a common combination. It works here because of the community acceptance of the deal. I know for a fact that the kids don't like the arrangement and think mom is a ho. I know that from teaching. Thai mothers have never really impressed me. Thai grandmothers on the other hand seem pretty decent people. I get along well with Thai grandmothers. I am going to marry one some day when I get of marriageable age (80 or so).

When will that be Mark ? lolololol

Bloody marvellous idea, wait till i pour myself another Rum & Capt Morgans :):D :D :D ..........:bah: oops , not again !

Captain Morgans is Rum, your mixing it with another Rum, hell of a drink. :D

Captain Morgans is Rum, your mixing it with another Rum, hell of a drink. :D

There ya go mate .....................knew i had reached the lode line ! really meant Capt Morgans and Coke ........woooooooooooooo :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: lololol

I didn't know either, but it's quite easy to look for an accredited charity and find out.. :whistling:

http://www.worldvisi...sor-a-Child-Now

Thank you........you have provided a link which tells me how much the charity would like me to donate.......(equates to the TG requesting 25k a month right?).

How much does it actually cost to fund the child and how much does the charity deduct for administration costs? (similar to the question from the OP right)

Perhaps you can provide a website to answer this question (You know...... something similar to Tvisa)......:D .

Heres one: http://www.jobbees.com/

A reply to Mark45y:

It's obvious that YOU are the one who doesn't get it! It doesn't matter if you call it a marriage or not! If you are with the girl and spend cash for her or you are away and send her money, it doesn;t matter if you call it a marriage or just living together, etc. What matters is that she spends your money. And you said you liked to spend a lot of money on a girl, buy her pricey stuff, etc.

Even if you don;t give monthly living allowance, buy a car, etc. for the girl still your expenses for taking her out for dinner, buying her pricey stuff, etc. can be much more than what her husband provides for her!!!!!

A reply to Mark45y:

It's obvious that YOU are the one who doesn't get it! It doesn't matter if you call it a marriage or not! If you are with the girl and spend cash for her or you are away and send her money, it doesn;t matter if you call it a marriage or just living together, etc. What matters is that she spends your money. And you said you liked to spend a lot of money on a girl, buy her pricey stuff, etc.

Even if you don;t give monthly living allowance, buy a car, etc. for the girl still your expenses for taking her out for dinner, buying her pricey stuff, etc. can be much more than what her husband provides for her!!!!!

I took her out to dinner a few times. Bought her a bracelet maybe 1000 baht. I paid for a couple of shows. That is not the same as getting married. Don't you take women out? Don't you spend money on them? Do you know the difference between dating and marriage?

A million baht in a year for marriage is much than a few thousand for one week. You don't understand this? It is absurd to suggest dating a few times and marriage is the same thing. Do you have a woman? Have you ever dated a woman? Have you ever been married?

There is a big difference.

A reply to Mark45y:

I took her out to dinner a few times. Bought her a bracelet maybe 1000 baht. I paid for a couple of shows. That is not the same as getting married. Don't you take women out? Don't you spend money on them? Do you know the difference between dating and marriage?

A million baht in a year for marriage is much than a few thousand for one week. You don't understand this? It is absurd to suggest dating a few times and marriage is the same thing. Do you have a woman? Have you ever dated a woman? Have you ever been married?

Sorry to keep banging the same drum, but my ex-husband and I BOTH worked our entire lives earning similar amounts.

Bit different here for most ex-pats.

A reply to Mark45y:

Sorry to keep banging the same drum, but my ex-husband and I BOTH worked our entire lives earning similar amounts.

This went right over my head. Svtbg was implying that me spending a few thousand baht on a date was the same as the financial commitment of marriage. What was your point?

A reply to Mark45y:

This went right over my head. Svtbg was implying that me spending a few thousand baht on a date was the same as the financial commitment of marriage. What was your point?

That back in our own countries men don't buy presents for a 'date' and generally have a wife that contributes - rather than takes. Sorry this went over your head.

A reply to Mark45y:

That back in our own countries men don't buy presents for a 'date' and generally have a wife that contributes - rather than takes. Sorry this went over your head.

In my country a man gives a woman $50 to go to the powder room. In my country it is completely appropriate to give a lady a simple gold ankle bracelet with a charm during a date, or include a necklace in a bouquet of flowers or at the bottom of a champagne cocktail. When I wore a tie every day, I normally wore a small diamond tie tack. I used to by them by the dozen for date gifts. Sex on the first date with me always got a dozen roses and some gold the next day by messenger. After being married three times I never found a wife who wanted a career other than raising children. So you can see how this went right over my head. Monday I am going to try and get away with a teddy bear and some gemstones. The dollar is not what it used to be.

Edited by mark45y

In my country a man gives a woman $50 to go to the powder room. In my country it is completely appropriate to give a lady a simple gold ankle bracelet with a charm during a date, or include a necklace in a bouquet of flowers or at the bottom of a champagne cocktail. When I wore a tie every day, I normally wore a small diamond tie tack. I used to by them by the dozen for date gifts. Sex on the first date with me always got a dozen roses and some gold the next day by messenger. After being married three times I never found a wife who wanted a career other than raising children. So you can see how this went right over my head. Monday I am going to try and get away with a teddy bear and some gemstones. The dollar is not what it used to be.

In my country we don't do any of that, in fact a girl would think you were a pratt and trying to buy a leg over. :huh:

Sorry to bring this up.

But in an earlier thread you said your husband then left you for a Thai lady who he totally had to support.

So when given the choice he decided to pay.

Anyway back in the UK, my wife never contributed, and when she left took my house and children with her.

Everybody pays in the end, just back in the western world, you are denied the choice of how you pay, when you pay, and how much you pay.

In my country we don't do any of that, in fact a girl would think you were a pratt and trying to buy a leg over. :huh:

I would be willing to bet you think it is easier to get laid in Thailand than in your home country.

In fact, l should have added, it sounds a bit creepy. :unsure:

I would be willing to bet you think it is easier to get laid in Thailand than in your home country.

Are you avoiding the question?

Daft question. Here of course it's easy.

Obviously it seems you US guy's or should l say '' you '' buy trinkets to weasel your way in with a lady, yep it's creepy, and perhaps your choice of ladies are impressed. Must admit l have never heard of the practice but think they will come back for more, the ones that are impressed that is. :)

Have you tried your tactic in England ?

mark45y is maybe taking it a little too far and being a little too obvious..

But transam, your seriously telling me that if your dating a girl and perhaps you walk past a shoe shop waiting for a movie to start and ask her if she wants some new shoes, or your out of the country on biz for a few days and you pick her up a bottle of perfume on your way through customs, she is not going to be happy with that?!?!? :lol: Thailand, England, USA, ANYWHERE a girl is going to be happy with that and appreciate it.

You sound like some hardcore 'cheap charlie' transam.. :whistling:

Daft question. Here of course it's easy.

Obviously it seems you US guy's or should l say '' you '' buy trinkets to weasel your way in with a lady, yep it's creepy, and perhaps your choice of ladies are impressed. Must admit l have never heard of the practice but think they will come back for more, the ones that are impressed that is. :)

Have you tried your tactic in England ?

Frankly I have never had a desire to go to England.

From what I read from posters on TV that is a good decision. I lived in Florida, slim women in T back bathing suits on beautiful beaches and nice climate. A lot of Brits retire there. I ran a business that had a lot of British customers. The women were a bit on the beefy side for my taste. Not all of course but the majority. The women news presenters I watch daily on the BBC news don't do it for me either. Bloomberg, Singapore news? Ya, I am in love every time I tune in.

France and Italy, yes the creepy tactic of giving women presents works quite well.

When visiting Australia in my youth I noticed the rather caviler attitude of Aussie men in bars. Had a lot of success in Australia simply being a gentleman. Because of changes in the family court system I would not want to marry there. Aussie guys, best mates in the world. But they didn't treat their women very well, way back when. I don't know about now.

I got more sex in America than I ever have in Thailand and better sex. When I left I was dating three women, 18, 25 and 51 years of age. All slim, employed, nice ladies. In America I had to work at relationships. It was hard work. As I got older I got lazy or maybe just tired of working so hard both in business and in relationships. I drove a big Cadillac and had expensive clothes and home. I had to be at the right functions, and know the right people. Charity auctions, and black tie dinner dances, polo matches and sailing in the Gulf. Here I don't have to do anything. I am more relaxed and taking life easy. I miss the wild, acrobatic, kinky sex and hot tubs full of beautiful women but I am making do with what I have.

But transam, your seriously telling me that if your dating a girl and perhaps you walk past a shoe shop waiting for a movie to start and ask her if she wants some new shoes, or your out of the country on biz for a few days and you pick her up a bottle of perfume on your way through customs, she is not going to be happy with that?!?!? :lol: Thailand, England, USA, ANYWHERE a girl is going to be happy with that and appreciate it.

Don't think you get my drift. He has a date, bunch of flowers WITH a gold something or other dangling on it :bah:. Impress some but the real lady knows whats behind the ploy. :huh:

Cheap charlie, hmmmm, perhaps but for me that route is creepy. Are you from the USA. :D

Don't think you get my drift. He has a date, bunch of flowers WITH a gold something or other dangling on it :bah:. Impress some but the real lady knows whats behind the ploy. :huh:

Cheap charlie, hmmmm, perhaps but for me that route is creepy. Are you from the USA. :D

It is not a matter of what country you are from. There are louts and gentlemen from all countries. You said it very well when you said it is easier for you to get laid in Thailand. Why? You know what Thai women want but you have never figured out what western women want. Simple really.

thsi is all totally off the subject but i will add: today i had an enlightening conversation with five other women who work with me, about boys and dates and valentines day. my thai husband didnt even notice but neither did i. and i always split costs with my dates even back in the '70's...presents were nice, as were flowers, and having doors opened for me was also nice. my latvian/israeli colleague expects gifts, preferablly jewellry, from her husband (also from same backgrou. her reason for not dating local boys? they dont know how to treat a women.); the morroccan woman, married from age 18: men half to buy for the woman, support the woman (she is supportng the family now due to chronic illness of husband, very not easy in a male oriented ethnic group), and a gift is expected after every birth, birthday, holiday (the main jewish holidays) and family event. kibbutznik woman: she spends money on him, he on her, nothing large aor pricey, flowers, dnner surprise, thats about it. the 17 yr old girl from a very very well to do, educated arabic muslem family from hte nearby village: men in general are meant to spend on the girl, the more costly the better. jewelrry, perfumes, and, if it is her fiancee, then car, expensive brandname clothes, trinkets from 21 karat gold dangling in the flowers deal, as marky has explained. so, as u can see, every culture has its own standards and expectations.

now, back to the original subject of supporting a girlfriend and child: the rule is simple: give as much as u can afford, or as much as u feel neccessary, to keep your girlfriend and child clothed, fed, happy, and possibility of edcuation. most thai village folks make do without if need be, but obviously prefer not to live hand to mouth and search for money all the time. chances for long term gainful employment in villages is difficult at best, especially for uneducated women, and working in cassava fields is back breaking work. if u are unsure if u can trust your girlfriend, well, u can always pay straight to the school to cover costs (books, uniform, and all the additional costs that thai public schools seem to accumulate even if they are 'free'; send supplies; visit more often; take your child to live with you; move to thailand to live. obviously villages in certain areas are less expensive then others, cities are more expensive, and given the chance, anyone would choose to live at a higher standard then the one they are livng in, if poor. money managment doesn not seem to be a major village thai trait (not been taught to properly manage money if u never had much to begin with), although thriftiness can be ... i almost feel that u should re ask this question, more specifically of course, in the forum of the area u or she lives.. u might get more realistic answers based on the area/cost of living etc...

as a matter of fact, im moving this to the family forum, u might get better real specific answers as to cost of lving, food, education , health etc...

bina

No I'm not from the USA and buying a girl purfume must mean I am? And yes if it was a 1st date with some girl he didn't know at all I'd say it was taking it a little too far. This is what I said in my initial sentence?

Maybe you ought to stick to what you obviously know best Transam, 3 or 4 lady drinks and b3'000 in the morning.. ;)

Edited by JohnnyFeelIt