Outstanding Service From Tiger Motorcycle, Again!

BigBikeBKK

Wow! So, I reported some broken spokes to Tiger last week and Khun Pariya and mbox were on it right away.

Slight delay due to the Chinese New Year holiday which is perfectly understandable.

They showed up on time this morning with SIX (6), yes, that's right, SIX staff to service and repair my Retro!

spacer.gifFeb8TigerServiceSm.jpg

Fantastic!

Just one quick question- there was some mention about paying for the 1000km service, but I was looking through the service book and noticed the "Free Service Voucher"

spacer.gifTigerFreeServiceVoucher.jpg

I guess then that the service should be free? Or have I misunderstood something or missed some fine print?

Thank you for any clarification you can provide.

Looking forward to getting the Retro back on the road!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Retro is fixed and serviced and all is well. I only had to pay for the oil. The rear wheel with the broken spokes was replaced free of charge. The Retro rides again!!! icon_thumleft.gif

Tony, you weren't riding the same highway I was with the Ducati when I broke it where you or are you just getting a bit portly? :lol:

Yeah, broken rear spokes... What have you been lugging on it?

Only time we broke spokes was when my girlfriend use to take my very large daughter and son to school (3 people on the bike; maybe 150kg+?). TiT! I just bought a box of spokes and respoked it myself (its still going strong; I obviously have toooo much free time) :lol:

Agreed - broken rear spokes is a bit odd, particularly with a sidecar, and particularly if it meant they had to replace the whole wheel. Maybe this isn't such a good sign after all

I figure I must have hit a pothole or something though to be honest I don't recall it. It's possible one of my staff did it, but they drive the Retro really slow... The wheel (rim) seemed fine and I thought Tiger would just replace the broken spokes, but when the service guys came to my office they had a new wheel with them- I guess maybe it's quicker and more efficient for them to just throw on a new wheel rather than taking the original wheel apart to replace broken spokes. All's well that ends well. Thanks again Tiger!

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Agreed - broken rear spokes is a bit odd, particularly with a sidecar, and particularly if it meant they had to replace the whole wheel. Maybe this isn't such a good sign after all

I figure I must have hit a pothole or something though to be honest I don't recall it. It's possible one of my staff did it, but they drive the Retro really slow... The wheel (rim) seemed fine and I thought Tiger would just replace the broken spokes, but when the service guys came to my office they had a new wheel with them- I guess maybe it's quicker and more efficient for them to just throw on a new wheel rather than taking the original wheel apart to replace broken spokes. All's well that ends well. Thanks again Tiger!

I'm wondering why they sent six fellows to change out a wheel? Or to fix the spokes, come to that. I grew up with jokes about nationalities: "How many xxxx does it take to replace a ceiling lamp?"

Ans: "Six. One to hold the bulb and five to turn the ladder." Never liked such "jokes" and they did not make sense, given the kids I knew. So ----

Either BigBikeBKK casts a long shadow - or the sidecar is making a wonderful publicity statement around town.

I'm wondering why they sent six fellows to change out a wheel? Or to fix the spokes, come to that. I grew up with jokes about nationalities: "How many xxxx does it take to replace a ceiling lamp?"

Ans: "Six. One to hold the bulb and five to turn the ladder." Never liked such "jokes" and they did not make sense, given the kids I knew. So ----

Either BigBikeBKK casts a long shadow - or the sidecar is making a wonderful publicity statement around town.

Well, we don't know what other places this 6 fellas from Tiger had to go to since the service was done before noon...sure is they didn't send the six for only fixing Tony's retro w/sidecar...or maybe they had trainee's with?

The matter about the broken spokes on the retro (with & without sidecar) i heard the first time about...on mine i did put 71 spoke aftermarket wheels ( which is a modified "union cycle" wheel)and they are fine , the original wheels i believe are made from "union cycle" too, which is a company that supplies other well known "japanese" Brands.

mbox

Of course I asked. 4 of them were trainees. :)

need to correct from prior post....the stock wheels from my Retro were not "Union Cycle" ( just checked on mine which are still flying around in the garage) but the aftermarket ones are modified "union Cycle" wheels....got it mixed up somehow...think the Boxer had "Union Cycle"wheels though

mbox