Freeview Equivalent Here In Thailand?

pimmy5

Yes but what do you want to watch? almost all Thai stations and a load of thai sat. can be got for a one time 2-3k baht system My wifes box cost 2300 and has 86 stations that are fine for her and free to view Dtv

edit PS the true box can be shut back to free view as well I think anyway the stations would be the same as Dtv if they did.

Edited by RKASA

Yes but what do you want to watch? almost all Thai stations and a load of thai sat. can be got for a one time 2-3k baht system My wifes box cost 2300 and has 86 stations that are fine for her and free to view Dtv

edit PS the true box can be shut back to free view as well I think anyway the stations would be the same as Dtv if they did.

I'm Thai but not that interested in Thai soaps or any of that!! more UK stuff or English speaking ?

I'm Thai but not that interested in Thai soaps or any of that!! more UK stuff or English speaking ?

There are one-off payment options through both True (very limited channels) and IPM (mix of FTA and encrypted channels) - search for some other recent threads covering these. There is very little English content on either though.

Some people take 'one-off payment' to simply mean buying equipment without making a payment to any provider, in which case you can either receive free-to-air channels on various satellites or 'unofficial' solutions. It may be worth visiting a satellite discussion board to see some of the discussions.

http://forum.paytv.ro/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Probably the best (legal) free-to-air stuff available comes from Australian TV.

http://www.jsat.tv/fta-satellite-packages/sd-fta/australian-network/79-an.html

Edited by citizen33

Another legal but temporary solution would be a high definition receiver (you need a HD-capable TV too), because some HD packages are free to air at the moment. I'd guess there will be a few packages like this before everything settles down. So if you get the Dreambox or Openbox, the HD versions could give you this short term solution, plus other longer-term options if you are that way inclined. I'm thinking of getting a new HD box and was wondering about one of the other Linux (Enigma 2) alternatives to Dreambox clones.

Another legal but temporary solution would be a high definition receiver (you need a HD-capable TV too), because some HD packages are free to air at the moment. I'd guess there will be a few packages like this before everything settles down. So if you get the Dreambox or Openbox, the HD versions could give you this short term solution, plus other longer-term options if you are that way inclined. I'm thinking of getting a new HD box and was wondering about one of the other Linux (Enigma 2) alternatives to Dreambox clones.

check out the Opticum HD Sat Receiver,ive heard good reports about this receiver so im buying one this week