Pattaya Pigeons

toenail

(Yes, this is a strange post) I moved into a high rise apartment and I have a couple pigeons that arrive during the day on my balcony and ruin my plants and crap all over the place. I have tried hanging a shiny CD from the ceiling to scare them... nope. No, I can't shoot them. No, I won't get a cat. Any suggestions for those who live in Pattaya and have the same nuisance?

..."Get two live in girl friends. They work in 12 hour shifts. One takes care of you, while the other runs around naked on the balcony, chasing away the pigeons!"

Well, this must rank as the most pleasant and viable, though possibly expensive, suggestion yet!

Too avoid the smell of WD40, spikes, rubber snakes and naked women all you need is an Owl.

Many fruit growers in Europe stick a plastic owl up on the end of a shed roof.

If you are bored - you could make your own Owl. Blow up a ballon. Take any of the local Rag Newspapers. Chop the paper up into 1/2 inch squares. Mix them with wallpaper paste to make Papier Mache and stick a good 1/4 inch coating all all over your inflated ballon. Wait for it to go dry. Pop the balloon with a pin and then using Poster paints paint two good big eyes on it and then get one of those Chicken feather dusters, pluck it and stick the feathers onto your Owl.

Tape/tie the "Owl" to the hand rail of your balcony.

Presto ....hours of fun and no pigeons...........................:blink:

Too avoid the smell of WD40, spikes, rubber snakes and naked women all you need is an Owl.

Many fruit growers in Europe stick a plastic owl up on the end of a shed roof.

If you are bored - you could make your own Owl. Blow up a ballon. Take any of the local Rag Newspapers. Chop the paper up into 1/2 inch squares. Mix them with wallpaper paste to make Papier Mache and stick a good 1/4 inch coating all all over your inflated ballon. Wait for it to go dry. Pop the balloon with a pin and then using Poster paints paint two good big eyes on it and then get one of those Chicken feather dusters, pluck it and stick the feathers onto your Owl.

Tape/tie the "Owl" to the hand rail of your balcony.

Presto ....hours of fun and no pigeons...........................:blink:

do you need to get a work permit for that?

So far the ideas are very helpful but i think hiring the Thai gals on 12 hour shifts would include my ATM card, a new motor bike, a golden necklace, and baht to send to the parents up North. I'll make the owl out of paper or the mouse trap sounds like a good idea, but hate the idea of seeing the trapped pigeon still alive flapping around,.

pidgeon shit harbours

Histoplasmosis

<H5>Cryptococcosis

Psittacosis

vermin best disposed of, if you have poop on the balcony follow the proper methods of dispersion/disposing of excrement......

</H5>

Edited by Rimmer
Sadistic troll remark

I have a similar problem around my pool. I have a salt water pool (salt levels are barely

noticeable) so all kind of birds like to come and have a sip ... which I don't mind, if they

wouldn't crap all over the place .... :annoyed:

The spikes are obviously not an option, but I'll try the Owl dummy ...

rudi