The Obscene Beaches Of Phuket

frozenpuck

Went to Kata and Nai Harn beaches for the first time in 3 years and even though I know this place is growing fast I was shocked at how crowded they are. However the real sore point for me is the the obscene lack of clothing on the older farang walking around. The young people for the most part are wearing longer shorts or the ladies tasteful bikinis. But it seems the older they get the less they put on.

Quite frankly it's disgusting having a 60 70 or 80 something walking in front of you with butt floss speedo and everything else hanging and flapping in the wind including the little pouch they hold the little grapes and banana in. For gaaawd sakes people have a little dignity and wrap yourself in sarong or put on some longer shorts when your walking around. Sorry buts impossible to avoid seeing this when theres thousands of these "liberators" walking around right in front of you. Not to mention its completely disrespectful to the Thai way of thinking (you dont see any Thai seniors walking around topless or in butt floss).

I agree, and it’s not just the beaches. They also wear just about nothing on the streets of Kamala going to and from the beaches. It’s sick, there are children and people trying to eat for gods sake.

There was a time in the South of France ,maybe still?, that at the path to a beach was a sign,saw this at Le Lavandou.

pert little boobs ....Tick

Droopy..................Cross

But it's interesting that so very seldom do you see a Thai woman uncovered, or even in a Bikini.

Should make the wrinklies think about dignity? And maybe the beach hotels should make the point in their info literature in every room.

I'm also amazed at some men you see in Central with no top, That's not a beach!

Or am I just old fashioned and out of touch......don't answer that.

I was at Nai Harn yesterday, saw just and many young things in skimpy bathing suits if not more thumbsup.gif

You can always look away if they are elderly, and frankly it's the open European attitudes that they bring to Thailand, can't really do much about that.

Best you start going to secluded beaches so as to not start our Sunday mornings out with wanking over nothing.

BTW it's "you're" and we'll look forward to "your" next post which most likely will be a Tuk-Tuk complaint thread coffee1.gif we've never seen those before............

Its not just Phuket...here in Cha am is predominantly older Scandis and Nordics.....the past few times I have taken the kids down the beach it has amazed me....aging 100kilo guys with a pair of spray on speedos with everything hanging out all floppy and wrinkly....and the wifes not wearing much more......and I dont know how they can sit out in the sun for hours on end.......maybe they are not that old and it is just the UVs that have aged them beyond their years.....

Actually I do look away Grumpyoldman as quickly as possible but there's another one where I look away to, and then another, and another... and so on.

And if this thread is so tiresome for you why didnt YOU just look away.

And thanks for the correction on the typo, like you've never made a typo before. Talk about starting your Sunday morning off with a **********.

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed

From the opening paragraph of George Orwell's 'Burmese Days' : 'The Asians do not age as the rest of us, they ripen ...' (sic)

So you old fat slobs emulating the elderly Thai, you look disgusting. And you younger element should wake up to the fact you are NOT in Torremalinos or wherever and show some respect by donning a shirt when in a restaurant/shopping center or anywhere else you wouldn't think of doing it in your home country.

Your pasty 'roid enhanced muscles aren't sexy, just sad. AND you smell.

Ugg...not again. Stupid thread. For goodness sakes, it's a beach. Get over it.

Quite frankly it's disgusting having a 60 70 or 80 something walking in front of you with butt floss speedo and everything else hanging and flapping in the wind including the little pouch they hold the little grapes and banana in.

So it's the young fit guys that get's you blood flowing then eh? Bold coming out on a public board like that. Good for you.

I suggest in the you don't visit beaches populated by Europeans. I haven't noticed any change in beach attire in 10 years here. Whatever you do don't go rock scrambling south of Kata Noi. Judging by your puritanical reaction above, you probably won't survive.

Easy does it everyone.........all that needs to be done is for the local council of the area or areas, or even as far up as state legislature to pass a law stating what is not allowed and place sign boards at all entrances .In Florida USA such a law exists and there are state park rangers driving up and down on the beaches checking. 22 years ago one such ranger came up to my wife on the beach and asked her to cover up more next time and yet she was wearing a normal bikini for her age at the time 32, for him it was skimpy to us it was a normal non provocative or vulgar bikini .The tourist board must be composed of thais so why are they sleeping !!!!!! are they scared the tourists wont come back ?? !!! dead wrong !!!! if anyone is scandalised its the thai's let alone us old grumpy retirees.

Exact same problem with Europeans in Samui. I don't care what anyone wears on the beach...even naked is no problem for me there but when they wander the streets in speedos....even coming into the bar omg we're a friendly bunch but feel the disapproving stares will ya!

trouble is they seem immune or simply don't care.

Easy does it everyone.........all that needs to be done is for the local council of the area or areas, or even as far up as state legislature to pass a law stating what is not allowed and place sign boards at all entrances .In Florida USA such a law exists and there are state park rangers driving up and down on the beaches checking. 22 years ago one such ranger came up to my wife on the beach and asked her to cover up more next time and yet she was wearing a normal bikini for her age at the time 32, for him it was skimpy to us it was a normal non provocative or vulgar bikini .The tourist board must be composed of thais so why are they sleeping !!!!!! are they scared the tourists wont come back ?? !!! dead wrong !!!! if anyone is scandalised its the thai's let alone us old grumpy retirees.

Spot on. If the Thais are so offended by some sun hungry tourists then do something with it. Maybe a bit difficult to force tourist to dress up due to moralistic views when at the same area sex are for display and sale 24/7. ;)

Oh dear , this all smacks of ageism to me.

Viva la budgie smugglers cool.gif

Theres nothing worse than a hairy ass hanging out of a pair of speedos. bloody hell I haven't worn them since before my teens and although am no where near 50 yet and reasonably fit definitely wouldn't be seen dead in them now, but each to their own .

Edited by mickj88

Get over it.It's the old 60+ farang men with 20 year old village girls eating at restaurants without a word muttered between them that gives me the creeps.

No conversation, just silence and blank stares.

Let the beach goers get their tans as it's sometimes the main reasons people come here.

i was at kata beach yesterday from 11am to 2 pm and i counted at least 15 bare breasted middle aged western female tourists on the beach,in the water,walking on the beach and laying down on the deckchairs.I'm sorry but it doesnt look nice and its offensive to all cultures on holiday here and they are many including the Thai and other asian cultures which are even more conservative than one thinks.The Gazzette should make an effort and point out these problems to the local government and tourist board.It is counter productive both economicaly and socialy.Wake up Thailand !!!!

Maybe a bit difficult to force tourist to dress up due to moralistic views when at the same area sex are for display and sale 24/7. ;)

Although I agree that seems a very funny contradiction, it is 100% irrelivent. It's their house so it's their rules, even if they seem mind boglingly hypercritical. It's is simple as that as far as I'm concerned.

Get over it.It's the old 60+ farang men with 20 year old village girls eating at restaurants without a word muttered between them that gives me the creeps.

No conversation, just silence and blank stares.

Let the beach goers get their tans as it's sometimes the main reasons people come here.

I agree. That's something I find shows a much greater lack of pride than wearing speedos. Women should not have their bits out full stop. If men want to wear speedos, to me that just shows a lack of self awareness in the same kind of way when balding men comb over their bald heads, and don't realise everybody's laughing at them, but it is the beach and speedos are designed for swimming so, no harm done.

The second they step one foot off the beach however, it's totally unacceptable to be wearing less than a t-shirt and normal shorts at the very least. That is when you are crossing the line between a lack of pride and out and out inapropriate behaiviour. I knew that when I came here in my early twenties, so older people have got no excuse what so ever.

I never knew there were so many prudes on Thai visa.

I lie.

I suspected as much.

I don't see how a disdain for people flaunting local custom can possibly be seen as prudish. Thinking old fat blokes wearing tiny trunks, look like tw#ts, likewise.

I don't particularly like seeing Thais scratching the back of their eyeballs, even in restaurants.

I don't particularly like watching them squeeze their blackheads using their motorcycle mirrors.

Don't like seeing wrinklies and crumblies in skimpy attire? Don't look. Simple innit?

I don't particularly like seeing Thais scratching the back of their eyeballs, even in restaurants.

I don't particularly like watching them squeeze their blackheads using their motorcycle mirrors.

Don't like seeing wrinklies and crumblies in skimpy attire? Don't look. Simple innit?

Have you been watching an old re-run of Ali-G recently? I notice you finish every post with 'Innit' these days??

I said I think these people look stupid. I said that these people are stupid for not realising that they look stupid. I also said that on the beach they can wear whatever trunks they feel like. I then said that when they leave the beach half naked, they are being dissrespectful and inapropriate. None of that makes me a prude. In fact no-one on this thread has been prudish.

Like I said, having a normal sense of decency, has nothing to do with prudishness in the slightest. Perhaps you just used the wrong word by mistake.

• Here are some reasons about why people whine and complain all of the time:
    • They may have a big ego, or think they're better than the rest, and that's (usually) not true.
    • Usually people who complain are unhappy. They are unsatisfied with life. They are not getting what they need or want to be happy, so they complain.

[*]If they are complaining about you and demand an apology, and you have no idea what you have done wrong, don't give it to them! It's not your fault that they are never satisfied![*]When a person complains, you can suggest a solution. Sometimes, it's helpful, but there's a chance they will say "Yeah, I know, but...." complain complain complain, etc.

http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-People-Who-Always-Complain

I'm gonna have to agree with KB here.

One more on the Thai phenomena, picking the nose.

I'll be talking to our Thai secretary, and without even thinking about it she just starts digging for gold, up to a knuckle in her nose. I find that as offensive if not more than granny boobs.

I'll be talking to our Thai secretary, and without even thinking about it she just starts digging for gold, up to a knuckle in her nose. I find that as offensive if not more than granny boobs.

This is what I meant by "scratching the back of their eye-balls". Maybe I was too obscure.

This is what I meant by "scratching the back of their eye-balls". Maybe I was too obscure.

No no your description was far more eloquent.

Ugh.