Mobi

I changed my Avatar a few days ago and it has been working fine.

Today I discovered it had disappeared. I have cleared the cache (several times), hit CTRL+F5, hit the refresh button, logged out and back in again but to no avail.

When I check on my profile page, the Avatar has also disappeared from there, although its says that a file 90 x 90 has been uploaded.

Shall I upload again?

Can anyone else see my Avatar?

This is what it should look like:

post-25991-0-26136200-1299499256_thumb.j

Thanks

Edited by Mobi

very strange.

I checked on my GF's PC which was using the same wifi connection and no avatar there either.

Then I received your post so could only conclude that it must be my ISP. So I re-booted the internet connection and all my avatars returned to normal.

So the problem is solved but I would be interested in an explanation... if there is one

• Like 1

So the problem is solved but I would be interested in an explanation... if there is one

The problem is normally either the local cache or the ISP cache. Not clear if the modem/router has any caching built into it which would explain a reset clearing the problem. Another member went through that problem today and finally it showed up. Some ISPs can take hours to days before their cache is refreshed.

• 1 year later...