Toyota Discrimination Policy

You are banging your head against a brick wall Cardholder. Some posters have no idea what the relevant point is here.

It could be relevant to the lady at Toyota in Nang Rong as Toyota HQ have asked for details of the showroom and salesperson.

+1, interesting. :)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really make yourself look like a <deleted> Spoonman !

It is a THAI that has been discriminated against.

So the Thai lady got her panties in a bunch over the "discrimination"........................ bwahahahahahahahahahaha, im sure she don't give a rat ass, she wanted a new car on the boyfriends coin and as he got all uppity about another 5% on the deposit she is now driving a Ranger instead of a Vigo.........thats some serious loss of face for her.

Edited by Spoonman

So the Thai lady got her panties in a bunch over the "discrimination"........................ bwahahahahahahahahahaha, im sure she don't give a rat ass, she wanted a new car on the boyfriends coin and as he got all uppity about another 5% on the deposit she is now driving a Ranger instead of a Vigo.........thats some serious loss of face for her.

Tend to agree with SM Warps. ;)

You are banging your head against a brick wall Cardholder. Some posters have no idea what the relevant point is here.

It could be relevant to the lady at Toyota in Nang Rong as Toyota HQ have asked for details of the showroom and salesperson.

:clap2: :clap2:

Tend to agree with SM Warps. ;)

Well thanks for the credit but that isn't my quote it's the OP's and it's been altered against forum rules, do any of you actually read the threads and the posts you respond to or know how to properly quote??

I will add this though, if she sees getting ANY new vehicle as any sort of loss of face then there's bigger problems then what kind of vehicle it is.. You guys play too much into this whole "loss of face" mythical hype and worry far too much about the impression you perceive, it's a serious sign of insecurity on your part...

They use it like a hook in your nose to lead you around and you follow like a nice, obedient buffalo..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Have you really followed this thread Spoonman?

The OP started by saying it was HE that was intending to buy a Toyota pick-up.

I understand that having previously looked at all available pick-ups, ascertained prices, freebies and finance terms (down payments and interest rates) Isuzu, Tata amongst others were dismissed. It was a straight choice between Toyota and Ford. It was at this stage he took Miss Cardholder to view both models and garner her thoughts

Even though the vehicle was for Cardholder's use (Miss Cardholder not being a driver) as a couple in a strong relationship it was to be a joint decision, and it would have been necessary for the finance to be in Miss Cardholders name, as a farang is unable to obtain finance under normal circumstances.

With the previously advised finance terms, vehicle cost etc, the Toyota was already going to cost 90,000bt more than the Ford over a 4 year period, but when the Toyota salesperson indicated a 30% down payment the overall cost difference rose to 120.000bt.

Miss Cardholder was insulted and discriminated against by the Toyota salesperson. Her choice of boyfriend is a purely personal matter, and not one which has anything to do with Toyota staff. It is indeed quite fitting that she will now be riding in a Ford vehicle.

I rather suspect that Miss Cardholder would now prefer to never sit in a Toyota vehicle again, and almost certainly suffered no loss of face over Cardholders decision to award the sale to Ford.

And with the extra 120,000bt that Cardholder now has to play with, she is probably mentally planning their next overseas holiday, courtesy of Toyota!

Unless there was no intention of actually paying out the vehicle then no, I don't really see the issue of the extra 5% deposit requested.

You see no issue Spoonman? <deleted> pathetic!

This is discrimination!

No farang present and 20% down payment - but Thai lady having Farang boyfriend is told 30% deposit required!

I hope next time you go shopping your bill is loaded 50% because you are a farang!

I hope Cardholder hauls Toyota over the coals for this. I would!

So would I,the issue is a plain and simple,Principle of "Not Allowing Discrimination" doesn't take a lot to work it out,I don't blame him for walking.

Edited by MAJIC

Well said nick, so true............

As for Spoonman...well nice profile of yourself left behind in this thread.....

Maybe things will be less active on this thread too, as i see one poster is off advising the US navy on the nuclear threat in japan....kudos to him...i would be interested to learn of his knowledge in precip motors, pile caps and CRM`s, QWFI`s, Windscale Suits, cooling ponds, discharge wells etc.... maybe we could bounce some ideas....now that Toyota wont be getting CH wads....

By the way CH, you can have any colour as long as it is black..........

Maybe things will be less active on this thread too, as i see one poster is off advising the US navy on the nuclear threat in japan....kudos to him...i would be interested to learn of his knowledge in precip motors, pile caps and CRM`s, QWFI`s, Windscale Suits, cooling ponds, discharge wells etc.... maybe we could bounce some ideas....now that Toyota wont be getting CH wads....

Really? Must be a widely educated sort with plenty of worldly experience often resented by others who are less informed, I hear there are quite a few SAS and Navy Seals on here too :whistling: , probably not in their league though :rolleyes: ....

I hear his predictions were again spot on as they discovered today that several U.S. service men had been exposed and the Deck of the U.S.S. George Washington discovered radiation as well. Hard to fault that kind of prediction and expectation as mere fantasy or miscellaneous ramblings of a conspiracy theorist eh?

When Toyota begins to ramp up manufacture again this kind of issue of sales discrimination is going to weigh heavily on future sales if not corrected..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Really? Must be a widely educated sort with plenty of worldly experience often resented by others who are less informed, I hear there are quite a few SAS and Navy Seals on here too :whistling: , probably not in their league though :rolleyes: ....

I hear his predictions were again spot on as they discovered today that several U.S. service men had been exposed and the Deck of the U.S.S. George Washington discovered radiation as well. Hard to fault that kind of prediction and expectation as mere fantasy or miscellaneous ramblings of a conspiracy theorist eh?

When Toyota begins to ramp up manufacture again this kind of issue of sales discrimination is going to weigh heavily on future sales if not corrected..

No, not widely educated, and sorry don`t have a lot of worldly experience either...........and i kneel to your knowledge Sir........A navy seal? SAS? nope to soft for that..........

But i do remember being slightly concerned on the yearly shutdowns, when wearing a BA set and a FULL pvc suit, I would get my monthly dosage in 9 minutes (confirmed by HPand S) at the base of the reactor working on the heat exchanger ducts...GCR Magnox units as you will know ...(offcourse)....so as you can see i`m not very worldly wise, just happend to work for BNFL (UKAE) .....did you? , we might have met at some point.....

But, what i have learned through life is to stand up when being put down, but only when you feel and know it`s right, just like CH has done with the TOYOTA insult.....but only when you know what you are talking about...

Cheers rizla - that is OK, the monks told the missus that she could have Silver or BLACK! :D (as long as she buys on a Thursday).

Cheers rizla - that is OK, the monks told the missus that she could have Silver or BLACK! :D (as long as she buys on a Thursday).

I thought BLACK was a no - no, if you do choose black you must have 32 Buddhas on the dash, Buddha stickers on all windows, a gold Buddha on the roof and most important, every time you go out in it a monk must go with you, so choose carefully eh. :huh::D

I thought BLACK was a no - no, if you do choose black you must have 32 Buddhas on the dash, Buddha stickers on all windows, a gold Buddha on the roof and most important, every time you go out in it a monk must go with you, so choose carefully eh. :huh::D

Good point transam.

I think I will re-order in EBONY. :)

Yes tend to agree, the village WILL think hubby is a cheap skate buying a Ford when ALL the village and extended family know she's (was) getting a new Vigo. Disappointed faces in town and wifey will go out with a bag on her head.

ONLY JOKING :lol:

After browsing this thread and the misleading title I have to conclude SM's comments summarize it all quite concisely;-)

Next!

After browsing this thread and the misleading title I have to conclude SM's comments summarize it all quite concisely;-)

Next!

Suggest that you re-read it then, rather than browsing - then you may not make the same erroneous conclusion that spoonman made.

Next!

Lets hope next time you go out shopping with your boyfriend you don't have to pay a higher percentage deposit.;)

No, not widely educated, and sorry don`t have a lot of worldly experience either...........and i kneel to your knowledge Sir........A navy seal? SAS? nope to soft for that..........

But i do remember being slightly concerned on the yearly shutdowns, when wearing a BA set and a FULL pvc suit, I would get my monthly dosage in 9 minutes (confirmed by HPand S) at the base of the reactor working on the heat exchanger ducts...GCR Magnox units as you will know ...(offcourse)....so as you can see i`m not very worldly wise, just happend to work for BNFL (UKAE) .....did you? , we might have met at some point.....

But, what i have learned through life is to stand up when being put down, but only when you feel and know it`s right, just like CH has done with the TOYOTA insult.....but only when you know what you are talking about...

Was my prediction wrong?? You failed to mention that, clearly I do know what I'm talking about but unlike you I won't read off my resume in defense as my background is no one's business.. Also why did you feel the need to bring this discussion into this thread?

Just wanted to comment on the face thing.

Not sure why anyone brought this into play.

My missus is acquiring a 650,000 Baht vehicle on which she is paying the deposit and has the income to cover the monthly payments.

'Face' doesn't come into this commercial transaction.

My missus is acquiring a 650,000 Baht vehicle on which she is paying the deposit and has the income to cover the monthly payments.

Personally I didn't see any need to comment on it...It is what it is....A silly cover (not you, the comment)...

It does,

Forget the 650k, a Ford is, a eeeer, a Ford, in Thai eyes, second, no third best. She will loose face IF the village and family are looking forward to seeing the no.1 Vigo ride. THEY will think you are trying ,and have saved money but settled for third best. Explaining your predicament, will be laughed at, and fall on deaf ears. .:huh:

Who the <deleted> cares what the village Thais think? they are lucky to have a pushbike -

Such a lot of <deleted> on this forum!

T/A and other pretentious, insecure, over the top, whipped types of his ilk :) .. Outside of them no one special.. :D

Who the <deleted> cares what the village Thais think? they are lucky to have a pushbike -

Such a lot of <deleted> on this forum!

T/A and other pretentious, insecure, over the top, whipped types of his ilk :) .. Outside of them no one special.. :D

:cheesy: Very good, BUT, you and l know in Thai eyes what matters, and after all this is Thailand. :D

The only thing that matters, and the only valid point of this thread is that Toyota discriminated against the Op's girlfriend because she had committed the heinous crime of having a Farang boyfriend.

It matters not what make or model of vehicle is subsequently bought, who might lose face, what the neighbours think or anything else.

Time to understand the point and ensure you lot never become victims.

I don't get this thread.

According to the average Thai basher, all Thai's are money grubbing scammers out to screw farangs at every opportunity.

Here we see a Thai car salesman turn down a sale. Who knows, maybe he was a Cambodian salesman, cause we know that we all know that conventional TV wisdom states that one should never stand between a Thai and a bucket of money.

For what it is worth, I think the Toyota finance company was within its rights. This transaction was higher risk for them. Regardless of who the official borrower was, and regardless of a 'no questions asked policy' it was apparent to them that the ultimate source of the funding was a in their eyes a higher risk of flight - leaving them with a devalued asset.

Just because the word 'farang' was used in the conversation all of a sudden cries of 'discrimination' get thrown around. It wasn't. This is the furtherst thing from discrimination.

I don't get this thread.

According to the average Thai basher, all Thai's are money grubbing scammers out to screw farangs at every opportunity.

Here we see a Thai car salesman turn down a sale. Who knows, maybe he was a Cambodian salesman, cause we know that we all know that conventional TV wisdom states that one should never stand between a Thai and a bucket of money.

For what it is worth, I think the Toyota finance company was within its rights. This transaction was higher risk for them. Regardless of who the official borrower was, and regardless of a 'no questions asked policy' it was apparent to them that the ultimate source of the funding was a in their eyes a higher risk of flight - leaving them with a devalued asset.

Just because the word 'farang' was used in the conversation all of a sudden cries of 'discrimination' get thrown around. It wasn't. This is the furtherst thing from discrimination.

Well done, well put. We all think about being ripped off, which we are at times but l and others can see the dealer has had previous problems, so l can understand it.

Right, well l don't know but l can see where they are coming from.:)

I don't get this thread.

Think Samran you have rather jumped the gun

The Op had only been in the showroom a few minutes and was just asking basic questions, having been told at another Toyota showroom that a 20% down payment would be required.

There were no finance people there. Finance discussions had not even commenced. But as a reply to a question about a possible 20% down payment, the sales girl responded that in this case 30% would be required purely because the Thai woman had a Farang boyfriend. She may have been a millionaire -may have been the daughter of a VIP, but that was irrelevant. She had a Farang boyfriend - Toyota Nang Rong (or the inexperienced sales girl) wanted 30% and that is BLATANT DISCRIMINATION.

If Surin and Buriram were both happy with 20% why should the tiddleysplot Nang Rong showroom want more?

Possibly the salesgirl did not like Farangs!

I don't get this thread.

Think Samran you have rather jumped the gun

The Op had only been in the showroom a few minutes and was just asking basic questions, having been told at another Toyota showroom that a 20% down payment would be required.

There were no finance people there. Finance discussions had not even commenced. But as a reply to a question about a possible 20% down payment, the sales girl responded that in this case 30% would be required purely because the Thai woman had a Farang boyfriend. She may have been a millionaire -may have been the daughter of a VIP, but that was irrelevant. She had a Farang boyfriend - Toyota Nang Rong (or the inexperienced sales girl) wanted 30% and that is BLATANT DISCRIMINATION.

If Surin and Buriram were both happy with 20% why should the tiddleysplot Nang Rong showroom want more?

Possibly the salesgirl did not like Farangs!

Then, then, go back to the 20% showroom and buy the motor you really want. :)