Coming On Apr 2. Should I Cancel?

wooing

Hi friends,

I was so looking forward to my trip in Phuket starting Apr 2nd. But the recent news really got me worried. It says there are floods everywhere in South Thailand and airports are being shut down. Even considering to cancel the trip. Could someone here provide some firsthand info?

What's the current situation now? How is the traffic conditions? Is it possible to go Phi Phi?

Thanks if you can share some insights!

Phuket airport is open, not much flooding about Phuket Island, traffic was flowing Ok when I drove out to Phuket Town today. I have heard that the ferries to Phi Phi have been cancelled.

To be honest Phuket has not been hit as bad (so far) as the East Coast of Thailand (Samui, Surat Thani, Nakon). But it's not exactly beach weather here on Phuket Island these past 4 days. When will it end ??? I don't know. Hopefully by 2nd April the worst will be over.

Phuket airport is open, not much flooding about Phuket Island, traffic was flowing Ok when I drove out to Phuket Town today. I have heard that the ferries to Phi Phi have been cancelled.

To be honest Phuket has not been hit as bad (so far) as the East Coast of Thailand (Samui, Surat Thani, Nakon). But it's not exactly beach weather here on Phuket Island these past 4 days. When will it end ??? I don't know. Hopefully by 2nd April the worst will be over.

Thanks a lot my friend. Fingers crossed for the bad weather to go away!

These temperatures look positively balmy compared to where I am .

5-Day Forecast for Phuket Tuesday, 29 rain.gif 29 | 24° C Rain Wednesday, 30 chancerain.gif 29 | 24° C Chance of Rain Thursday, 31 rain.gif 29 | 24° C Rain Friday, 1 chancerain.gif 29 | 23° C Chance of Rain Saturday, 2 websiteArrow.pngpartlycloudy.gif 31 | 25° C Partly Cloudy

I have heard that the ferries to Phi Phi have been cancelled.

That was 29/3. Calling to enquire today 30/3 I was told the ferry from Phuket to Phi Phi is operating today, can anybody confirm?

Oh well, forecast is saying tomorrow the wheather will be better anyway, even no 100% cloud cover anymore.

• 2 weeks later...