Very Bored

terrychris

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I you're determined to 'make it' in Pattaya join an internet dating site as a cute young lass from Patters....hook a bloke or ten with some revealing pics and arrange a meet. When the object of their desire fails to show up you'll be there to pick up the pieces.

Fits your profile perfectly pal...get to work! :)

NALAK, where is the ballroom dancing? Would like to hook my mum up there - if she ever comes back.

Every night on beach road walkway bottom of pattaya klang-by the fountain(minus water) ha ha :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This place is not for everyone.

Not everyone gets great joy propping themselves up at beer bars all day. And the girls... eh. They are cheap thrills at best. It doesn't take any skill to get one, so even that can get old if you're only hanging in the pay for play scene. It's a lot more fun chasing non-hookers in cities that were not built on prostitution. That at least takes a little game. Men were born to hunt, and when we are simply fed, we get lazy and bored. Hunting takes a little skill, and if you are only in the red light areas, you are being fed. That can indeed get boring after a while.

I'd suggest finding some new and non destructive hobbies and get out of Pattaya. It's not exactly the most positive or friendly place in Thailand.

But to each his own. That is just my personal point of view.

Men were born to hunt, and when we are simply fed, we get lazy and bored.

I dont hunt and I'm very lazy but I'm not bored at all. You only get bored if you have a small brain.

And as for entertaining oneself by hanging around in bars watching sport on TV and talking to ex-US military people as someone suggested, it sounds like hell on earth. I would rather have my fingernails pulled out than do that.

If you want to stay in the bars it should be easy to find somebody to talk to, I see a lot of bored looking single men sitting around and sure some of them wants to talk.

The whole idea of beer bars and gogo bars is to come and talk to the girls. I'm sure the OP can find plenty of mates to talk to in Perth.

This place is not for everyone.

Not everyone gets great joy propping themselves up at beer bars all day. And the girls... eh. They are cheap thrills at best. It doesn't take any skill to get one, so even that can get old if you're only hanging in the pay for play scene. It's a lot more fun chasing non-hookers in cities that were not built on prostitution. That at least takes a little game. Men were born to hunt, and when we are simply fed, we get lazy and bored. Hunting takes a little skill, and if you are only in the red light areas, you are being fed. That can indeed get boring after a while.

I'd suggest finding some new and non destructive hobbies and get out of Pattaya. It's not exactly the most positive or friendly place in Thailand.

But to each his own. That is just my personal point of view.

That's low. Treating girls like bar girls but not even paying them as such. <_<

Maybe someone can make a full list of things to do in Pattaya, that would be most interesting, I'll start if off:

Watch a movie

hire a bike and explore

learn to windsurf

hire a jet ski :ph34r:

climb a coconut tree

hang out in a bar

eat local food

eat western food

cross second road :o

visit Central Mall

Ride an elephant

visit Nong Noch

Stay in the hotel with room service

Go skydiving

play golf

visit the floating market

?

The OP is already bored with the 'crossed out' activities.

My missus seems to be content with, visit:-

Thepprasit market (Sat & Sun)

Buakhao market (Tuesday)

naklua market

Naklua fish market

Floating market

Buakhao market (Friday)

Central Festival

No one seems to have mentioned watching Muay Thai boxing on Walking Street :sleepy::coffee1:

well, I can understand the OP.

I moved to Pattaya in 2009 (accidently). I am not 100% sure, if I hate or like it.. :rolleyes:.

The infrastructure is good, sure.

And I visited most of the "attractions" mentioned above.

But "unfortunately" not so much interested in the Sex Industry.

I am not "lonely", have some "friends" I can daily chat with, have a car, a motorbike...BUT....

more or less, I am only hanging around <_<

I think, as I am not a retiree, I miss the opportunity to do something "useful", e.g. work something or running a business like I do/did in Europe. But this is very problematic here. (as many business owner can confirm)

I am much more interested in "technical things" like modifying cars or bikes, boating, computers etc. than visiting 10 more waterfalls, wats, parks, elephant/crocodile farms. :bah:

But especially people who like these things also, are hard to find in Pattaya.

Maybe I am to young for Pattaya? ;)

...It's not exactly the most positive or friendly place in Thailand.

Totally agree, and this and the above, are some reasons, why I am thinking to move to the North (maybe Chiang Mai), to get a "new point of view"

only my 5 cents..

Edited by vel_tins

more or less, I am only hanging around <_<

I think, as I am not a retiree, I miss the opportunity to do something "useful".

I am much more interested in "technical things" like modifying cars or bikes, boating, computers etc. than visiting 10 more waterfalls, wats, parks, elephant/crocodile farms. :bah:

This would surely be true wherever you only 'hang around'

Your interests don't seen compatible with Thailand.

Your interests don't seen compatible with Thailand.

maybe, but I will try to find the best compromise.

Good luck.

Most people here have to compromise to some degree - if you are open-minded enough to do that, then you may well be successful.

oh, the irony in a man coming to Pattaya and not being able to hook up a bromance :)

and for serious, go to the Outback Bar like dude mentioned. just go there night after night. it's inevitable you'll become one of the guys. but, i think you have to go golfing with those dudes if you really want to connect.

i just like the breakfast. and was sad to hear that Lucky wasn't so lucky afterall...

Thank you for your first sentence as it actually made me laugh out loud. :D