Chiangmai And Chiangrai

Finlaco

Hi nice members of TV

Planning to be CM April 10, and later CR. Just like to know the weather quality wrt smog and those pesky Laotian and Burmese burning their fields (Thai would never do that).

Thanks

Ps. am departing Sangkhlaburi cos the air quality is lower than BKK cos of the burning of the vegetation.

The smoke problem has been much less than usual so far this year, due to the highly unusual cold/rainy periods that occurred during March. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't think Chiang Mai has gone above the Thai PM 10 limit of 120 at all this year. As we are now into April the chances of very bad smoke episodes are deminishing as the southerly airflow starts to prevail. Obviously smoke episodes can't be ruled out in April, but the likelihood is that we will start to see the summer thunderstorms getting going as the hot season proper gets underway, and these will subdue the burning.

The smoke problem has been much less than usual so far this year, due to the highly unusual cold/rainy periods that occurred during March. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't think Chiang Mai has gone above the Thai PM 10 limit of 120 at all this year. As we are now into April the chances of very bad smoke episodes are deminishing as the southerly airflow starts to prevail. Obviously smoke episodes can't be ruled out in April, but the likelihood is that we will start to see the summer thunderstorms getting going as the hot season proper gets underway, and these will subdue the burning.

Ditto Chaingrai