What Happens To Prepaid Dtac Sim When You Go To Usa

farang000999

Will we still be able to receive SMS messages from Thailand, this is necessary because we need to do some I-Banking with Thai Banks and will need to receive the SMS for the code in order to transfer funds.

After so many days, your Sim Card becomes deactivated but you can get back your money by "topping up" your sim card.... Is there a time limit that after so many days of not topping up that your balance is lost?

Is it possible to top up from the USA if you purchase Dtac top up cards in Thailand before you leave for the USA?

Did you know you can setup Internet Banking first. Go your branch and set it up. Takes a week. Then add the 3rd party accounts as you need them before you leave. Then there is no need for any SMS messages.

As far as your phone goes, depend on which one you have, you can extend your expiration date by buying minutes in B300 or more increments and preserve the phone number if that's what you need.. Again it depends on who you use. Go to one of the main stores and they might help you. And as was stated it doesn't reach the US.

Edited by Mrjlh

I don't know of DTACs roaming agreements in the USA, but while in Thailand, you can extend your validity for 2 baht/month by calling *1013 and following the voice prompts. Up to a maximum of 1 year.

As far as your phone goes, depend on which one you have, you can extend your expiration date by buying minutes in B300 or more increments and preserve the phone number if that's what you need.. Again it depends on who you use. Go to one of the main stores and they might help you. And as was stated it doesn't reach the US.

You can extend validity way cheaper than that on DTAC. 2 baht per 30 days. Dial *113*[number of days to request extension for]*9#[call button]. You can do it 30, 90, or 180 days at a time if I remember right

I am actually in USA. I was writing this hypothetically. I just successfully extended 180 days. I don't know if it still only cost 2 baht per 30 days or not because it didnt say and I dont remember the balance before. Yes, we have internet banking but for example, we had to transfer $ to someone (UPS actually) that we hadn't yet set up a transfer with previously online. We can receive SMS's here in USA.

Why did you post your question ?

Will we still be able to receive SMS messages from Thailand, this is necessary because we need to do some I-Banking with Thai Banks and will need to receive the SMS for the code in order to transfer funds.

Answer:

We can receive SMS's here in USA.
Is it possible to top up from the USA if you purchase Dtac top up cards in Thailand before you leave for the USA?

Answer:

I just successfully extended 180 days

No, Your Thai DTAC Sim will not work from the USA.

Out of range.

I don't know about that, well I don't know about US. Recently in Bali my friend got SMS's from his Thai DTAC prepaid forwarded. I have no idea what setting or what roaming service this comes under!