Blue Book Question?

I currently own a condo in foreign ownership quota and have a Blue Book that doesn't have my name in it as im not Thai.

My name is on the title deeds to show that im the owner.

My question is this, i live in the condo with my Thai girlfriend and was wondering whether i should transfer her name in to my Blue Book

as she currently has her name in her mothers home Book.

The reason i ask this is because later on this year we plan to get married and thought that this would show well towards proof of relationship with immigration

once we're married for my application for extension of stay due to marriage with a Thai.

Don't know if this idea would cause any implications for any other reasons for either of us though and that's why im asking for some sound advice.

For the record, we've been living together in this, and previous condos that i owned since 2004.

having here in Tabien Baan makes her Master of House. IOW she must sign anything you want to do with Tabien Baan including your application for Certificate of Resident when needed.

If you break up, it is harder to get her out of the apartment if she is registered.

It takes a while to get her out of Tabien Baan if a change of ownership does not take place, 6 months as I recall

Except for that, no problem :)

Yes, her name can go in your blue book.

Interesting reply

So the name on the Chanote and the name on the Blue book can be different(obviously that addition being post marriage I assume)

Presumably not pre -marriage?

What would happen if they choose to end the relationship?

As an aside a farang can have his name on a blue book -but only on the inside of the front outer cover.

Interesting reply

So the name on the Chanote and the name on the Blue book can be different(obviously that addition being post marriage I assume)

As an aside a farang can have his name on a blue book -but only on the inside of the front outer cover.

Chanote is ownership

Tabien Baan (blue book) is house register. First Resident in Tabien Baan is Master of House, decides who can register to live in house.

Relationship between owner as registered in Chanote and Master of House as registered in Tabien Baan is not relevant.

Interesting reply

Chanote is ownership

Tabien Baan (blue book) is house register. First Resident in Tabien Baan is Master of House, decides who can register to live in house.

Relationship between owner as registered in Chanote and Master of House as registered in Tabien Baan is not relevant.

I for sure never knew that.

Thanks

Thank you all for your helpful replies,

if i may, i have one more question,

when we do get married, would i have to then include her name in the Blue Book as a matter of law?

NO, only if you want her legal address to be your condominium.

Thanks for your quick reply. much appreciated.

Interesting reply

Even pre-marriage.

• 6 months later...

Interesting reply

Chanote is ownership

My name is on the Chanote as proof of ownership but my Blue Book is empty (because i think only thais can be listed in the book). If i put my thai girlfriend's name in the Blue Book (as she lives with me) does this make her Master of House (and what does that mean in practice).

My name is on the Chanote as proof of ownership but my Blue Book is empty (because i think only thais can be listed in the book). If i put my thai girlfriend's name in the Blue Book (as she lives with me) does this make her Master of House (and what does that mean in practice).

YES and it would mean that your Thai girlfriend would legally live there making it difficult to kick her out if ever necessary. She could also gain control of all the utilities and perhaps could do some damage at the land office..