New Marraige Laws

Hi,

has anyone heard any update about the new marriage laws regarding people over 50 years old?

the last i heard was weeks ago and they were saying that the thai government will not allow farangs over 50 to marry because they are trying to stop young girls from being used by older men when these laws are brought into being.

which is nonsense anyway because i think that stupid law will only force more girls into prostitution instead of an honorable marriage or be at the mercy of rich farang treating them like prosts anyway and then dumping them when they get bored.

also has the government realized the amount of money they will lose from ppl over 50 going there?

and the only types that will go there will only be there for sex, a stupid stupid law.

anyway, i have someone over there who is not young but these laws (i think) may affect all of us.

i love her dearly and she doesn't want to leave thailand so this law could be a pain.

Does anyone know what is happening regarding these laws?

Thanks

:cheesy: ...the April fools joke that keeps giving and giving.....:thumbsup:

My particular favorite line...."i think that stupid law will only force more girls into prostitution instead of an honorable marriage or be at the mercy of rich farang treating them like prosts anyway and then dumping them when they get bored"

So you are suggesting Thai woman only have two options in life....marry a farang or become a hooker...classic

Nominee for the Darwin award of 2011....:whistling:

Edited by Soutpeel

My particular favorite line...."i think that stupid law will only force more girls into prostitution instead of an honorable marriage or be at the mercy of rich farang treating them like prosts anyway and then dumping them when they get bored"

So you are suggesting Thai woman only have two options in life....marry a farang or become a hooker...classic

I am glad you find it so amusing, but many MANY girls have only few options in life, and marriage is what they live for and also some financial security, they have no education and no access to education, and jobs are scarce. So if they are hungry, uneducated and cant marry, then what options have they?

you may find this funny, but it is quite heart breaking for those of us that have some empathy for others

please go and attack another thread. :)

Edited by HowardH

I am glad you find it so amusing, but many MANY girls have only few options in life, and marriage is what they live for and also some financial security, they have no education and no access to education, and jobs are scarce. So if they are hungry, uneducated and cant marry, then what options have they?

you ay find this funny, but it is quite heart breaking for those of us that have some empathy for others

please go and attack another thread. :)

Howard, the source of the rumor was an April Fools Day post on Thai Visa which got a lot of people going, do a search and you'll see the extent of the upset. Chill my friend, it was all a joke and there's no truth in it.

Howard, the source of the rumor was an April Fools Day post on Thai Visa which got a lot of people going, do a search and you'll see the extent of the upset. Chill my friend, it was all a joke and there's no truth in it.

Thankyou very much for telling me, it has caused much worry and concern to many people, and many that i know personally.

it is not a funny joke at all, i rely on this site and i trusted it as a reputable site, i am deeply disappointed in it, and in what they find so amusing about so many people (like me) making plans and altering they're lives relying on information which is difficult to acquire at the best of times being so stressed.

maybe i AM being too serious, but now i have to explain to others that this was all a cold and stupid joke that i was stupid and gullible enough to trust.

so, can we trust these people or not? i don't know anymore

thanks again for informing me about it though, and i will take action to let others know

regards