Can anyone suggest a good recruitment agency to use to try to get a good job here in BKK for foreigners. I am a British citizen and i am wanting to make my stay more permanent.

Trying to get even a reply from writing to companies here direct seems to be a no go, not like in the UK, so maybe a good agency is the way forward.

Any suggestions????????????

regards.

First choice is some sort of business management, i.e. General Manager / Sales Manager etc etc. Over twenty years experience in Electrical Sales and Distribution products. Also was MD of my own company a few years ago.

Second choice is i have done a lot of Private Security work for people in various different countries on and off at different times over the last eleven years or so. but like i said this is second choice now. Prefare to get back into working for a company in a Senior role.

So like i said before, any help is appreciated....and forget the teaching thing...i am sick of people telling me to do teaching, no disrespect but it is not for me.....

jobsDB is a general employment resource. (info at jobsdb dot co dot th)

Pacific 2000 (if they're still here) (info at pacific2000 dot com)

Pasona (pasona at asiaacess dot net dot th)

Pro-Search (prosearch at prosearch dot co dot th)

Now I haven't used these contacts in many years, in fact I still have Arthur Andersen in my list!! So no guarantees that these companies still exist.

Edit: I'd also suggest looking in Bangkok Post or Nation jobs sections and seeing which agencies are advertising for people and sending your CV off to them, that's how I got my list started.

Edited by PattayaParent

First choice is some sort of business management, i.e. General Manager / Sales Manager etc etc. Over twenty years experience in Electrical Sales and Distribution products. Also was MD of my own company a few years ago.

Second choice is i have done a lot of Private Security work for people in various different countries on and off at different times over the last eleven years or so. but like i said this is second choice now. Prefare to get back into working for a company in a Senior role.

So like i said before, any help is appreciated....and forget the teaching thing...i am sick of people telling me to do teaching, no disrespect but it is not for me.....

Not trying to p*ss on your parade, but think you are going to be hard pressed finding something, even through agencies, let me ask you this....how many contacts do you have in business in Thailand..ie in companies...as it seems to me, this would be the better route to find something....eg who you know to get you in somewhere

Your other option is to set somthing up yourself...ie THB 2.0 mil company/ 4 Thai employees etc etc

As regards the Private security...your not of the millions of EX-SAS, CIA, Navy seals running around Thailand are you....:lol: ...only kidding

Hope this helps

Thanks for the replies...already on with JobsDB, seems to be the best website i think. I think it is the usual thing, "its who you know", i have one or two contacts here, but anyway i will keep trying and will look at those other sites you gave me, thanks.....

As for the ex seal, sas, cia etc etc etc...can't tell won't tell....

Thanks again....

The jobs section of bangkok post, nation is a good starting point, but even then i have probably seen 1 or 2 only jobs for expats in the private sector advertised in the last few years- most of the expat jobs are in the development field Oxfam, Care International, Embassies which needs a different skill/experience set. Also bear in mind, the good 'expat package' jobs based in Bangkok are not advertised in Thailand at all (either in local papers or in local recruitment agencies)- these jobs will be advertised in the international media only (think economist magazine etc) and/or can only be got if you are working in the parent companies HQs back in the West.

I began looking for expat jobs in Bangkok in 2001, i finally found a job here in 2009- eight years of applying/interviewing for posts (i was based outside of Thailand at the time).

Suggest you try networking as well maybe by attending some of the Chamber of Commerce functions, or The Lighthouse.

Or if you have some target companies hang around their building looking for a chance to 'bump into' some of their expats, or in their after work drinking den.

TEFL....:whistling:

Suggest you try networking as well maybe by attending some of the Chamber of Commerce functions, or The Lighthouse.

Or if you have some target companies hang around their building looking for a chance to 'bump into' some of their expats, or in their after work drinking den.

It seems like teaching or networking with other expats and following up with leads that way is the best chance of success. If you spoke/read decent thai, you could prepare a letter and mail it to some of the big companies and offer your services.

Good luck. From what most other expats told me, you are better off getting a non-imm visa via other channels separately, doing the 90 day visa runs, and have your own income. Either that or become a teacher. Difficult for a foreigner to work for a Thai company legally in Thailand.

Or if you have some target companies hang around their building looking for a chance to 'bump into' some of their expats,

But dont get yourself arrested for stalking...:lol: .....seriously I would tread that one very carefully, dont be handing out CV's out to every Farang who walks out of a building, you will end up p*ssing them off

Or if you have some target companies hang around their building looking for a chance to 'bump into' some of their expats,

But dont get yourself arrested for stalking...:lol: .....seriously I would tread that one very carefully, dont be handing out CV's out to every Farang who walks out of a building, you will end up p*ssing them off

Yeah, no stalking but I meant more like being seen a few times, saying hello and giving a nod or something before striking up a conversation rather than actually handing out CVs.

When I first arrived in Bangkok there was one bar that seemed to have all the expats that worked for construction companies in Bangkok frequenting it. You soon get known and when something comes up you've got the in.

Yeah, no stalking but I meant more like being seen a few times, saying hello and giving a nod or something before striking up a conversation rather than actually handing out CVs.

When I first arrived in Bangkok there was one bar that seemed to have all the expats that worked for construction companies in Bangkok frequenting it. You soon get known and when something comes up you've got the in.

I mentioned because I actually seen someone actually try this and made a real ar*e of themselves......suffice to say they never got a job with the company they were "stalking" and freaked a few people out in the process...:lol: