Third Double Entry Tourist Visa - Possible?

Hello

In mid June I'm going from Bangkok to Vientiane for my third tourist visa run for double entry tourist visa. I have been reading on the site different information about tourists being refused on the grounds that they have to many double entry stickers but I haven't found any post that matches my situation.

I'm 25 years old male and I come from Iceland.

1. I came to Thailand in June 2010, I got 30 day stamp at the airport.

2. In July 2010 I got my first double entry tourist visa from the Thai embassy in Vientaine.

3. Six months later (around 20th December 2011) I went back to Vientiane and I got another double entry tourist visa.

Now in mid June I have to go again for my third double tourist visa. What are my chances to get 6 months stay in Thailand again from the Thai embassy in Vientiane.

Last time when I was on my way to Laos to activate my second entry in mid Mars, I asked a lady from the Philippines, who has little office in Nong Khai and helps tourists with Laos and Thai visas (maybe some of you have meet her?), about my chances on getting third double entry tourist visa and she said: "Yeah... no problem but... you have to pay 2000 baht". I hope she is right and they give my - what do you think?

With best regards

Saival

It seems that maybe you are close to the Friendship Bridge as your did you visa run to there to activate your second entry. Going on reports here it would seem unlikely that you will get another visa, but if you're close why not try. They may have softened up since they've been charging for visas again. If you fail you could try Cambodia or Savannakhet.

If the Filipino who runs a visa shop in Nong Khai, told you that you'll get another one, there's a good chance you will. Many Filipinos stay here on tourist visas and I would say that they are usually very close to the pulse in this regard. Did you ask her if she can help you? Maybe she has some good contacts who can improve your chances.

Thanks for the responses.

Looks like my chances are slim, but I will try. So are they not giving double entries visas to those who already have 1-3 stickers in their passport or are there only few lucky ones who are getting double entries? I thought my chances were good because I only have 2 stickers in my passport.

The Filipino told me to come to her and she would help me if I would be denied a single/double entry next time. Maybe she has some solutions and/or things may change in june.

Thanks for the responses.

Looks like my chances are slim, but I will try. So are they not giving double entries visas to those who already have 1-3 stickers in their passport or are there only few lucky ones who are getting double entries? I thought my chances were good because I only have 2 stickers in my passport.

The Filipino told me to come to her and she would help me if I would be denied a single/double entry next time. Maybe she has some solutions and/or things may change in june.

Seriously, I would go to her first. The Filipino community always seem to find a way through. For a small service fee you may be able to save yourself a lot of bother.

Honestly, the reports from Vientiane aren't encouraging AT ALL for people who're in your 'boat'. In fact, if I was a betting man, I'd take the bet that you WON'T get a double and possibly take the bet that you'd be denied even a single entry in Vientiane too :lol: .

Even since tourist visas stopped being free, there are more than a few scattered reports of people (who had double entry tourist visas from Vientiane) being denied even a single entry at the Thai Consulate there. :( Those people were forced to re-enter Thailand on a "15 day visa exempt" stamp and try some place else. :blink:

Most well known visa run companies in Bangkok won’t even let you on their busses to Vientiane if you’ve got either the red warning stamp or two double entry tourist visas from there already. :o ..

I agree, get a hold of the lady from the Philippines you spoke to before and ask her the chances of it working out.

Based on your situation; Mukdahan/Savannakhet or Phnom Penh could be good alternatives.

Good Luck,let us know how it plays out. ... :)

Edited by tod-daniels