Whats Your Bigest Fear Of Moving To.........

daveb1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im planning on moving to thailand sometime in the future, im only 29 so my biggest fear would be generating enough income to keep us ticking over to sustain me n wife so we didnt eat into our savings and then have to come back to UK to save more money.

this bothers me on a nearly daily basis - we would both like to move to thailand asap, but i just cant see it happening for a good few years yet.. :o

im planning on moving to thailand sometime in the future, im only 29 so my biggest fear would be generating enough income to keep us ticking over to sustain me n wife so we didnt eat into our savings and then have to come back to UK to save more money.

this bothers me on a nearly daily basis - we would both like to move to thailand asap, but i just cant see it happening for a good few years yet.. :D

Me too. I'm 36. A civil servant in HK. Hope to retire to Thailand in 10-15 yrs time.

My fears would be...

Adopting the custom of having mia nois.... :o

Well actually,

corruption deteriorates

inflation

Thai people becoming less friendly

So if your planing to move out to Thailand or you allready live in the LOS Whats your biggest fear?

Visa or money problems?

personal safety?

money and income?

or something else.................................?

I have no fear. Simply, I would not move to Thailand. Like not intending to move to Kazakhstan.

Thailand is not an open society, it's not a place where you can arrive with nothing and make your way up as in Canada, Australia, UK, US....

Enjoying Thailand and tourism, that's enough for me. They haven't let me down in that regard. Asking for more there? Not me.

Fearing what may become of Thailand when the King passes on. :o

This is a new one to me - what are the implications of this (The King passing on..)?

dont go there... as the forum rules state

"Discussion of topics concerning the King or other current or deceased members of the Thai Royal Family is forbidden. "

I'm afraid that I will become jaded as I have here in Japan and start finding fault in everything.

For the first 7 or 8 years here (in Japan) I thought Japan was the bees knees. Now that I'm married, I'm bored and find myself referring to the Japanese people and systems as "stupid" more than I'd like too.

Surely it couldn't have just been about the girls all this time?!

I really don't want to end up feeling about Thailand the same way I have come to feel about Japan :o

I'm afraid that I will become jaded as I have here in Japan and start finding fault in everything.

Ditto.

And visa issue.

And some silly kid on a motorbike, or some drunk in a pickup, runs me over. I love riding my motorcycle and my bicycle, so Thailand is pretty good for these purposes except for the Thai's nutty driving habits.

Fearing what may become of Thailand when the King passes on. :D

Always at the back of my mind. Long live the King!

Change in immigration laws causing me to be denied extention on visa.

True - a little worrisome. I get "extension_refusal_phobia" like a lot of expats :D

My biggest fear is boredom. Having a fairly secure source of income, but nothing to do with my time. Very easy to become an alcoholic when you've got little to do all day but drink.

Not a problem for me - I know when to stop drinking.

Money and income.

Not a problem for me - I didn't come here until I had enough to live off :D

Maybe my biggest worry is falling for the wrong girl, believing the sick buffalo story and ending up broke. Hasn't happened yet, I think :o

Fearing what may become of Thailand when the King passes on. :o

This is a new one to me - what are the implications of this (The King passing on..)?

dont go there... as the forum rules state

"Discussion of topics concerning the King or other current or deceased members of the Thai Royal Family is forbidden. "

It'll be an interesting couple of months!!!