How Old Is Too Old To Become A Dad?

aussiechick

Plenty....and not the same....if a 25yo guy has a child....good chance he will live a full long life.

If a 60yo has a child....dam_n fine chance he will croak from natural causes before the kid hits 21.

I also had no dad around much.....but I can tell you from my sons perspective.....much better if Dad is around....simple as that.

Sure you get on with whatever gets dished up.....but I said it would be better to have both parents, not just one....thats all and being 60yo lessens the chances and percentage of that happening a lot......i reckon anyway.

Imagine having a kid at 70yo....and still being alive at their 21st....and your daughters friends all asking where Dad is and she points to the 90yo guy sitting at the table with a bib and dribbling his puddin down his nice checkered dressing gown.

If a child has both parents alive do you think he/she will know what it is like to not have them? Do you think a child with no parents will know what it is like to have them?

I had/have very loving parents but I didn't want them around when i was a teenager and also later in life. They didn't go to any big moments in my life, I didn't invite them. I have no idea what it would have been like to have had them there, so naturally I have no idea what I missed.

I don't think a child/teenager etc will reallymiss what it doesn't have, they just get on with life.

Absolutely, and in the LOS scenario '' hopefully '' the older guy will leave some cash to give the kid a real start in life.

How many Thai kids have been abandoned by Thai fathers ?. UNCOUNTABLE.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

should she not be alive ? cool.gif

should she not be allowed to have a Dad around for her 21st birthday ??

So if a young dad gets run over by a bus then his offspring must commit suicide cos their life too has ended. Naaaaaaaaaah, life is individual, we all go different ways, with mum, dad or neither. I DID.;)

There is such as thing as statistics. Chances that a young dad gets run over by a bus are not in the same league as someone dying at 70 or over.

should she not be alive ? cool.gif

should she not be allowed to have a Dad around for her 21st birthday ??

So if a young dad gets run over by a bus then his offspring must commit suicide cos their life too has ended. Naaaaaaaaaah, life is individual, we all go different ways, with mum, dad or neither. I DID.;)

There is such as thing as statistics. Chances that a young dad gets run over by a bus are not in the same league as someone dying at 70 or over.

Do statistics really matter ? The scenario is still the same, life goes on, there is no full stop.

I know a really great guy that is 69 years old and has a daughter of 1 year old.

He knows he probably won't be around for her graduation, but she'll certainly have the means available in her life to graduate from a decent education.

He's a really nice guy with a wife 35 years younger than himself, he wants to leave her with a part of him when hes gone, I know them very well and their daughter is a little cracker, should she not be alive ? cool.gif

Good post, MrsMills.. I have a good friend who is in his mid sixties with a lovely wife in her thirties. They have a daughter of 6 and a new son born last November. Both parents are very happy and have a loving relationship together. The chilren will have a good life and a good education and be well taken care of by the whole extended family.

This topic seems to have touched some nerves, and people can't help themselves taking pot shots at others opinions. Some here are trying to put western standards on the totally different Thai culture.

I don't like to repeat myself but I will in this occassion

Are we talking about Thailand here or middle income North America? I see a LOT of Thai grand mothers looking after Thai children while the mother is off somewhere earning a living for the whole family. As much as I feel that childern need the influence of a good man, I'd hazard a guess that many children in Thailand grow up without a father's influence. They seem to survive okay. A hundred years ago in the UK the wealthy families sent their children off to boarding school and when they were home for the holidays a nanny looked after them. There are some similarities with the wealthy today.

Plenty....and not the same....if a 25yo guy has a child....good chance he will live a full long life.

If a 60yo has a child....dam_n fine chance he will croak from natural causes before the kid hits 21.

I also had no dad around much.....but I can tell you from my sons perspective.....much better if Dad is around....simple as that.

Sure you get on with whatever gets dished up.....but I said it would be better to have both parents, not just one....thats all and being 60yo lessens the chances and percentage of that happening a lot......i reckon anyway.

Imagine having a kid at 70yo....and still being alive at their 21st....and your daughters friends all asking where Dad is and she points to the 90yo guy sitting at the table with a bib and dribbling his puddin down his nice checkered dressing gown.

If a child has both parents alive do you think he/she will know what it is like to not have them? Do you think a child with no parents will know what it is like to have them?

I had/have very loving parents but I didn't want them around when i was a teenager and also later in life. They didn't go to any big moments in my life, I didn't invite them. I have no idea what it would have been like to have had them there, so naturally I have no idea what I missed.

I don't think a child/teenager etc will reallymiss what it doesn't have, they just get on with life.

So much you never experienced. I feel sorry for you. And no, children do not always get on with life, least of all by themselves. It is not as simple as you think. Not for everyone.

As long as your able to hit their guts your good enough to sire a young one.

Living a long life will be their problem, youve done your part.

Possible scenario for the 70+ gramps who finds it amusing to have children:

In 10 years, some of the younger TV members are ''hitting your wife's guts'' just for fun to bang an older chick, right?

In 20 years, those same younger TV members are "hitting your daughter's guts" because, well it's just fine and dandy for a 50-year old to bone your 20 year-old daughter, isn't it? "I knew your dad on TV 20 years ago when I was 30! Now get on your knees."

In 40 years, the same guys that boned your wife and your daughter can now "hit your granddaughter's guts" because, well it's just a 70-year old and don't worry he will leave some money for your granddaughter after he's ''done his part,'' so it's all good, no? "I knew your grandfather when he posted that he would have you when he was 70! I'm 70 now, so make him proud and get on your knees."

Maybe young members should look forward to the rise of the TV members' daughter brigade, eurasian features and all. Should make for interesting golden years. Some could even say, "I look forward to impregnating your daughter and spending what little money you left her. Thank you, kind sir."

Make sure you all tell your daughters what your TV handle was so sometime in the future, some old dude can look up at the sky and thank you while he's going at your progeny......

OK - 93% of foreign males go to Pattaya for sex with prostitutes.

Where do you get that number from ??

The time-historic myth and stereotype. Seems to be the standard that passes for real thoughtful disposition.

It's not a myth.

Actually, some go to find love and marriage with prostitutes. The sex isn't really the important thing. It's a way of escaping from low self-esteem and feelings of anger and insecurity.

Wow! - a professional psychiatrist amongst our ranks. :bah:

My family has a tradition of service in the Royal Marines and Royal Artillery, the family is easily traced back 200 years.

What all the men had in common was, when they were young they fought abroad, when they retired they married much younger women and then produced a family back in England.

My grandfather retired from the Royal Marines before WW1 started.

If there were going to be genetic damage, you would have thought my family would have suffered from it.

No defective children in the family at all, all born to men over 40 for 5 generations.

I proudly carry on the family tradition of breeding after retirement.

I wouldn't want kids over 40. Kids are hard work and I wouldn't have the same tolerance at 50 than I did at 30.

Pattaya Radio is hardly the place to have a serious discussion about children as most parents are not likely to be good ones.

Scathing generalisation..

Would you care to support that statement with fact.. or even an opinion as to why this should be the case.

OK - 93% of foreign males go to Pattaya for sex with prostitutes. If they find a wife there, what odds would you give of her not being a prostitute? As one post stated - many of the guys are old and women young.Do you think the father will be around when the kids are teenagers? etc etc bloody obvious mate.

No offence if you are one of the 7%.

A much better effort 8/10 :clap2:.

No - I am in the 93% and considering whether to fertilise my whore next year.

I must admit that the thought of any son of mine being rogered in Boyztown does not have a great degree of appeal.

Perhaps I will re-think my strategy :ermm:

I have had a re-think.

Is there anywhere that I can get my over 50 sperm checked out for quality ?

I am concerned that some posters think my tadpoles could be defective and I don't want to have to buy the missus a dog.

In 10 years, some of the younger TV members are ''hitting your wife's guts'' just for fun to bang an older chick, right?

In 20 years, those same younger TV members are "hitting your daughter's guts" because, well it's just fine and dandy for a 50-year old to bone your 20 year-old daughter, isn't it? "I knew your dad on TV 20 years ago when I was 30! Now get on your knees."

In 40 years, the same guys that boned your wife and your daughter can now "hit your granddaughter's guts" because, well it's just a 70-year old and don't worry he will leave some money for your granddaughter after he's ''done his part,'' so it's all good, no? "I knew your grandfather when he posted that he would have you when he was 70! I'm 70 now, so make him proud and get on your knees."

Maybe young members should look forward to the rise of the TV members' daughter brigade, eurasian features and all. Should make for interesting golden years. Some could even say, "I look forward to impregnating your daughter and spending what little money you left her. Thank you, kind sir."

Make sure you all tell your daughters what your TV handle was so sometime in the future, some old dude can look up at the sky and thank you while he's going at your progeny......

thanks for bringing this thread into the gutter, it was only a matter of time.

those that pull only with their wallets will be far to concentrated on farmer's daughters to offer any threat.

Sad post.........point one........20 years the Thai will not need to marry farang for money......it will probably the Thai who have the pick of the bunch

ha ha if they want a farang at all.......

Second.......... farang leaves his family provided for.....no need to look for an old man to support them.....or a young waster....:)

But if my daughter wishes to attract a million sinsot....look after a 70 year old for a few years before he croaks........what can do to stop her!!!!

Daughters usually also look for somebody who lives up to their father........boy she is going to have to look hard and long.......:D

Edit: spelling

Edited by 473geo

Well, that sir, is one of the most distasteful posts, of many, in this thread.

Titillating for you to write, I'm sure. But I am absolutely certain you would never have the "guts" to actually say it to someone's face.

If you're too old to watch your children grow relatively old (as in... into their late 40's and 50's), you're too old. Just IMO and what I've grown up with (my mid 60-ish parents still have their mid 80 and 90-ish parents around and I'm 36). Of course it's all relative as to how/what folks will define being a father is. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who have terrible relationships with their families even though they have a complete set somewhere out there in the world so it's maybe easier to rationalize that one may as well not even try to be around.

It's apparent that a lot of guys only hope to be around until their kids graduate kindergarten (anuban-3). If they are happy with that, then more power to them, but IMO that's only a few degrees different (significantly different, but not much better IMO) from abandoning kids before they are born.

Sure you might rationalize that they won't know the difference... but that comes to an end as soon as they meet someone with a more balanced, traditional situation. You see it in the eyes of mothers and children who come to their kid's school functions/trying to navigate their way through the mall with several kids in tow/etc. when they look at families that have a complete set of mother and father present.

:)

Edited by Heng

This is something that has been on my mind for sometime. I am retired and never had a family but am very much a family man. I personally havenot had the life experience of watching and assisting a child form their life. Since I have never experienced it I question should I be a father in my sixties? Or should i die without ever experience the joy of parenting? I question would it be selfish to have those moments of a childs first step or their first word or just their warm innocent smile everyday, but not be there perhaps for teenage life and onward? Or would it be comparable to peole who never tarvelled but raised families doing later in life,because that was the something they always wanted to do but were unable to do till late in life. I know not the best example.But what I am questioning in my mind is should a man die never feeling the innocent love of his own child and being allowed himself to feel the love of parenting just because he he is old and will die sooner than a young father. Also age doenot mean the grim reaper willnot come and take you away at a young age . WE all only live once why should the world criticize someone wanting what so many already have.

This is something that has been on my mind for sometime. I am retired and never had a family but am very much a family man. I personally havenot had the life experience of watching and assisting a child form their life. Since I have never experienced it I question should I be a father in my sixties? Or should i die without ever experience the joy of parenting? I question would it be selfish to have those moments of a childs first step or their first word or just their warm innocent smile everyday, but not be there perhaps for teenage life and onward? Or would it be comparable to peole who never tarvelled but raised families doing later in life,because that was the something they always wanted to do but were unable to do till late in life. I know not the best example.But what I am questioning in my mind is should a man die never feeling the innocent love of his own child and being allowed himself to feel the love of parenting just because he he is old and will die sooner than a young father. Also age doenot mean the grim reaper willnot come and take you away at a young age . WE all only live once why should the world criticize someone wanting what so many already have.

I think it would be horrible to be dying and seeing your kids as kids and not grown up. This would outweigh the, perhaps selfish, desire to experience something that you've missed.

Perhaps you should get a dog - they are more loyal than kids, cheaper, and the love experienced is really not that much different.

Man should procreate when young and healthy and when 60 years old renunciate. Try going to the temple for a couple of months and learning to quash your desires.

I think it would be horrible to be dying and seeing your kids as kids and not grown up. This would outweigh the, perhaps selfish, desire to experience something that you've missed.

Perhaps you should get a dog - they are more loyal than kids, cheaper, and the love experienced is really not that much different.

Man should procreate when young and healthy and when 60 years old renunciate. Try going to the temple for a couple of months and learning to quash your desires.

Although parenting for the over-50's is going to be much more stressful, I reckon if the OP has the resources and time to become a doting parent, go for it. Knowing that your time resources are finite should maybe make for a more intense relationship?

There's absolutely no comparison between the unconditional love of your child and the dumb love of your mutt. Unless your kid has fleas or chews your slippers of course. How about having a kid AND a dog? Now there's a 100% win-win scenario.

Man should procreate as long as he has the ability to procreate although the prevalence of over-the-counter dick-hardeners has blurred the edges on that call. So maybe only back off when a young tusker starts shagging your totty but give up when you are kicked out of the herd!

So much you never experienced. I feel sorry for you. And no, children do not always get on with life, least of all by themselves. It is not as simple as you think. Not for everyone.

Don't feel sorry for me about not having children. It is my choice not to follow the path of my friends who married and had children years ago and are now divorced, everyone of them. They are now struggling for a life because the ex bleeds them dry. My friends are the ones I feel sorry for.

I feel your reply completely misses the point . You state how horrible it would be to die and not see your children as adults. Think of the pain of dying and never seeing a child of your own. If a mans child is there with him at his death bed he can share his last moments relating to someone that they were the most important part of their life and letting them know he did everything he could to give them a good life and bless his child in his last moments. Some professionals believe that a child learns everything that they use for survival in life in their first 3 years of life. If this is true then good parenting in childhood lasts a life time for the fortunate child. Also if the man leaves the child with good survival tools that is the most important thing in life if the child has the tools his life can be full because of his skills. He can get what he wants in life. A young man maybe there for his child all his life but may be a poor parent which is worse. Also if the finances are there for education and welfare of the child and proper care was given to instill good lifeskills the child has a great opportunity to have a full and happy life. People taught the proper life skills understand what people close to them have done to assist them in life and can appreciate long after the parent is dead.

Also in your referral to the dog it was in poor taste and I think it refers more to friendships or women.

Desires or pain and pleasure all things being equal and not influenced by drugs or booze or whatever are the bodies way of telling you what you need. Eat when you are hungry and drink when you are dry.

I don't need a Wat to tell me this.

Having said that though most adult Thai women come with children already. Old man or young man almost any good man is better than none at all.

Gave me a larf.

Are your kids named Lassie and Spot ??

Beer and Benz are quite common nicknames. One has to wonder what the parents were thinking.

I guess so long as you can be a FATHER, throughout the kid'c childhood and addolecence at least, then It's up to no one other than the mother and father how old the dad should be.

However that being said, I know a 72yr old man with a 30 yr old wife and a 2yr old daughter, and yes it looks comical. But if the woman is ok with being with a man old enough to be her grandfather than thats her cross to bear.

I see so many of these posts written from a western and / or man's POV. In normal situations in Thailand, if a Thai woman has no children she will probably live a very lonely life even though she has a pension or nest egg from her departed husband.

Thais tend to take care of parents. No child = not a parent.

Also, if a Thai woman loves her husband she probably wants a child to remember him by as well.

Gave me a larf.

Are your kids named Lassie and Spot ??

Beer and Benz are quite common nicknames. One has to wonder what the parents were thinking.

NOT on my planet.