Car Insurance

Hi,

I was hoping for some advice on what to do regarding car insurance.

I've had my Honda Jazz for 5 years and always used Viraya 1st class--and been generally pleased with their service.

But now that the car is 5 years old, I wonder whether it is worth staying with 1st class at a cost of 17,000 baht---it went up a bit this year because I had a couple of dents taken out last year. The total coverage for the car is 300,000 baht.

My wife spoke to our insurance broker (TQM) and he recommended Thai Wiwat Insurance and their "low cost 1st class" plan. My understanding is that there is a 3,000 baht deductible for any accident that I cause and the total cover is 200,000. The cost for this plan is 9,000 baht.

So basically I'm wondering if I would be better off switching to the low cost plan, or it will just end up being more trouble than it's worth. I know it's my decision to make, but was hoping for some advice based on previous experience of Thai Visa poster.

I should note that we don't use the car very often (the car only has 45K on it after five years), and my wife and I are the only people who drive it.

And finally, does anyone here use Thai Wiwat insurance? If so, what has been your experience?

Thanks!

We are not sure if TQM has explained to your wife what this 'low cost' insurance is and what it covers ? This type of cover is between 1st and 2nd Class and can be viewed as 2nd Class with an added 'damage to your vehicle' should you be involved in an accident with another vehicle i.e. if somebody damages your vehicle in (say) a supermarkets car park with a shopping trolly, you get nothing.

We feel what you have been quoted is rather expensive and if you get in touch with Thai Visa Brokers HERE we are sure we can offer a better rate.

We are not sure if TQM has explained to your wife what this 'low cost' insurance is and what it covers ? This type of cover is between 1st and 2nd Class and can be viewed as 2nd Class with an added 'damage to your vehicle' should you be involved in an accident with another vehicle i.e. if somebody damages your vehicle in (say) a supermarkets car park with a shopping trolly, you get nothing.

We feel what you have been quoted is rather expensive and if you get in touch with Thai Visa Brokers HERE we are sure we can offer a better rate.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I just completed the quote form you linked to.

BTW, TQM said that dents due to shopping trolly's and the like would have a 3,000 baht deductible.