Greedy Starbucks

BugJackBaron

Isn't Blue Cup part of S&P? not bad for a place that's not a coffee shop eh!

Yep, you can find good coffee everywhere, even at restaurants...

Edited by tropo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, the main point I'm making is that there are many better alternatives to Charbucks in town...places that serve better coffees in a pleasant atmosphere at cheaper prices.

Basically you believe that what you think is the best place for a coffee is the best place for everyone, not allowing for personal taste. There's not much difference in the prices at McCafe and Starbucks.

But please, you go to McCafe, I'll go to Starbucks and we'll both be better off.

However, the main point I'm making is that there are many better alternatives to Charbucks in town...places that serve better coffees in a pleasant atmosphere at cheaper prices.

Basically you believe that what you think is the best place for a coffee is the best place for everyone, not allowing for personal taste. There's not much difference in the prices at McCafe and Starbucks.

But please, you go to McCafe, I'll go to Starbucks and we'll both be better off.

I don't think I ever said that Mc Cafe was the "best" coffee...only that it, and all the other options I listed, were better than Charbucks.

As the op seemed a little peeved at Charbucks, I was just offering up a list of alternatives for consideration (and it was you who challenged me to name even one). Some of my suggestions are more quiet cafes and others busier restaurants/cafes. However, what they all have in common is serving great coffees. They are also scattered all around town so one would never be far from a great cuppa.

For people who don't mind paying a premium price for burnt coffee, standing in line to order it, and then serving themselves, Charbucks is the place for them.

For people who don't mind paying a premium price for burnt coffee, standing in line to order it, and then serving themselves, Charbucks is the place for them.

It's very hard to take any commentary about a business seriously when the reviewer comes across as having a personal vendetta toward that business. It makes it even more difficult to take you seriously when you insult anyone who may disagree with your assessment.

As I said, enjoy your coffee at McCafe and let's agree to disagree.

It's very hard to take any commentary about a business seriously when the reviewer comes across as having a personal vendetta toward that business. It makes it even more difficult to take you seriously when you insult anyone who may disagree with your assessment.

As I said, enjoy your coffee at McCafe and let's agree to disagree.

Its like two frogs arguing over a princess they've never seen but vaguely heard of. Hilarious. Keep it up. :D

I grow and roast my own.

Starbucks makes coffee flavored milkshakes.

Real men drink it black.

Real men don't roast the beans, they just make a brew straight from the green berry.

Hmm, I have to try that.

Traditional drink of the Arab bedouin, I think they add cardomum (sp) to it to take away the bitterness.

Traditional drink of the Arab bedouin, I think they add cardomum (sp) to it to take away the bitterness.

That's funny. One of my old Russian friends told me he refuses to drink coffee because he won't eat "burned" foods (as in roasting coffee). He needs to try that green bean stuff.

Bon Cafe

Coffeemania

Bake & Brew

Loaf Bakery

Delice Cafe

All of the above have air-conditioning and comfortable seating. They also all have free newspapers and most have free wi-fi (which most Charbucks lack).

As for the chains, they too are all better than Charbucks, including:

Black Canyon

S & P Blue Cup

Au Bon Pain

and even Mc Cafe.

uhh... no.

That's funny. One of my old Russian friends told me he refuses to drink coffee because he won't eat "burned" foods (as in roasting coffee). He needs to try that green bean stuff.

I wonder what other fruit seeds taste great after you roast and grind them and then pass hot water through them. Maybe there are some really great drinks out there that have yet to be discovered :D

Edited by FarangBuddha

A couple of bickering posts with name calling have been deleted.

It's ok to discuss the pro and con of different coffeehouses but there is no need to become personal about it. If it continues we'll close the thread.

I grow and roast my own.

Real men drink it black.

So true...I don't think I've ever seen a Thai order an actual coffee or espresso drink at a Charbucks....but those vanilla Frapachinos are sure popular.

I grow and roast my own.

Real men drink it black.

So true...I don't think I've ever seen a Thai order an actual coffee or espresso drink at a Charbucks....but those vanilla Frapachinos are sure popular.

I'm also a strong black coffee man and come to think of it I've never seen a Thai order a filtered coffee at a frou frou coffee shop either.

I grow and roast my own.

Real men drink it black.

I'm also a strong black coffee man and come to think of it I've never seen a Thai order a filtered coffee at a frou frou coffee shop either.

Yep...it's all just Thai hi-so's showing off spending B 150 (half an average person's daily wage) for a coffee milk-shake; and then walking around with a Charbucks cup in hand showing that they've gone "inter." :lol:

I wonder what other fruit seeds taste great after you roast and grind them and then pass hot water through them. Maybe there are some really great drinks out there that have yet to be discovered :D

Not necessarily fruit seeds either, what about certain leaves and fungi??

Not necessarily fruit seeds either, what about certain leaves and fungi??

I'm sure there are...but was sticking with fruit seeds in keeping with coffee analogy.

Edited by FarangBuddha