What Did U Have For Ur Dinner?

i had one piece of kfc chicken 35 baht

bottle of archa 35 baht

farmhouse custard bread 10 baht

fried yam chips coated with butter caramel 10 baht

maybe i might grab another large bottle of leo maybe

You could have TWO more Leo's for what you spent on KFC, but I prefer Chang. Don't really know why, maybe the bottles are bigger, maybe less carbonation, maybe more alcohol content in Chang.

What was the question again?

mario299 :blink:

You could have TWO more Leo's for what you spent on KFC, but I prefer Chang. Don't really know why, maybe the bottles are bigger, maybe less carbonation, maybe more alcohol content in Chang.

Where can I buy two Leo's for 35 Baht? :unsure:

Maybe i did the math wrong, or don't understand KFC menu since I don't eat there, but his total was 90 baht and that's enough for two Changs at my village market. Can't speak for Leo prices, because I don't drink Leo.

mario299 :lol:

for 4 of us, ostrich in black pepper, chicken and cashew nut, (with a curious cinnamon taste), stir-fried fish and pork/shrimp balls in gravy, 2 bottles of Leo and 2 bottles of water. 910 baht.

The reason for the "added" alcohol content? It ain't 100% beer {Chang domestic}. Always be suspicious of that crap.

for 4 of us, ostrich in black pepper, chicken and cashew nut, (with a curious cinnamon taste), stir-fried fish and pork/shrimp balls in gravy, 2 bottles of Leo and 2 bottles of water. 910 baht.

we both know but dont want to admit about that curious taste. its the special sauce of the farang chef. u know a hint of creamy chowder. mmm~~~

Maybe i did the math wrong, or don't understand KFC menu since I don't eat there, but his total was 90 baht and that's enough for two Changs at my village market. Can't speak for Leo prices, because I don't drink Leo.

mario299 :lol:

KFC don't sell beer. And BTW, I prefer Chang myself.

avocado, lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad. cooked at home.

with a Japanese salad dressing

:huh: Don't you mean prepared? If I'm wrong please share....

Still hungry here....I'm on an eat next to nothing diet......inspired by well I can't say because you'll all laugh at me. :ph34r:

maybe more alcohol content in Chang.

The reason for the "added" alcohol content? It ain't 100% beer {Chang domestic}. Always be suspicious of that crap.

What are you implying? It is easy to brew beer at 6+%, so why would they bother to fortify it, extra cost, extra labor?

What are you implying? It is easy to brew beer at 6+%, so why would they bother to fortify it, extra cost, extra labor?

Boy, now I'm curious too...

Today I roasted a couple of chickens while I was out in the garden working. Then I had a chicken sandwich and stir fry veggies, and then watched the NHL hockey playoffs. My team won tonight, and the chicken sandwich on multi-grain bread was delicious.

Roast_chicken_Em.sized.jpg

Stir_fry_veg_Em.sized.jpg

Now I'll have varous chicken concoctions for a week and a half. No need to do much cooking. Just heat it up in the microwave.

After just returning from the uk..i am now stocked up on lots of my favorite goodies.

So today i made and tested and tried and its was bloody lovely..Chicken Kebab licklips.gif

Edited by welsh1

Barbequed fresh caught prawns... lots of them. And a tossed, Greek salad, of course.

Caroles_supper_3.sized.jpg

Hey, wait a minute. Those plates look Canadian. The shrimp are of a different genus than Thai shrimp, s. deliciousis, and that table cloth is not from anywhere within 1000 miles of Thailand.

What's going on here?

P.S. Why does one need to toss a Greek salad? There's no lettuce.

Edited by happyrobert

Four medium sized boiled (in their jackets) potatoes, plus 2 fried eggs - lovely jubbly, mate! :rolleyes:

The potatoes are put onto the plate along with the fried eggs - cut lengthwise and covered with Heinz tomato sauce (Thai product), salt and pepper. ;)

Might sound rather awful, but tastes like bluddy heaven. B)

Actually, it's gotten to be a weekly (sometimes bi-weekly!) "treat", originally started by the wife buying a kilo of potatoes at the local market - just for me!

I prepared the potatoes and the wife fried the eggs - yellow runny but white firm - she knows how I like 'em.

She tried a small amount of the "strange food" and immediately announced that she'd try a larger portion the next time - which was the following week (seeing as the market is a weekly one). This kind of food was sometimes (often?!) eaten "back home", when cash was very low. :ph34r:

She now buys a couple of kilos of potatoes when she can - they can keep for ages - and we enjoy our farang grub when we fancy it! :D

Simple food, but very enjoyable........:lol:

Edited by CaptainSplod

Dinner last night - wnet to Happy Pizza (CM), but they were shut (no idea why, its not Monday) - so had home made pasta (tomato sauce and real cheese) - for lunch I had Pad Thai Goong Sod, that thai omelette with the smelly green stuff in it (fung something or other) - cold, fried adult obergines -also cold, raw baby obergine and very hot (and smelly) chilli dip - oh and a coke.

Four medium sized boiled (in their jackets) potatoes, plus 2 fried eggs - lovely jubbly, mate! :rolleyes:

The potatoes are put onto the plate along with the fried eggs - cut lengthwise and covered with Heinz tomato sauce (Thai product), salt and pepper. ;)

Actually, it's gotten to be a weekly (sometimes bi-weekly!) "treat", originally started by the wife buying a kilo of potatoes at the local market - just for me!

I prepared the potatoes and the wife fried the eggs - yellow runny but white firm - she knows how I like 'em.

She tried a small amount of the "strange food" and immediately announced that she'd try a larger portion the next time - which was the following week (seeing as the market is a weekly one). This kind of food was sometimes (often?!) eaten "back home", when cash was very low. :ph34r:

She now buys a couple of kilos of potatoes when she can - they can keep for ages - and we enjoy our farang grub when we fancy it! :D

How you like your taters is a thread on its own surely. :D

Mashed with some melted butter and white pepper and covered in baked beans is a cheap favourite.

The spuds sound pretty good, Heinz tomato sauce is only aThai Product in the sense that its made here under licence.

How you like your taters is a thread on its own surely. :D

Mashed with some melted butter and white pepper and covered in baked beans is a cheap favourite.

Mmmm yes, jacket potatoes (baked not boiled) with beans and cheese - real (crispy edges) roaat potatoes (miss them, not had one in Thailand - mamma's cooking) - mashed with butter and madras curry powder - oh feeling nostalgic (and very hungry) now! Sir Walter Raleigh should be named a demi god for bring them to the west (though maybe also the opposite for also bringing tobacco!)

Edited by wolf5370