Is Venturing About The Kingdom (Or Anywhere) With Stuff Cilpped To Your Belt Naff?

nocturn

is clipping stuff to your belt naff?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the poll is pretty self evident.

would you wear your phone in a case on your belt?

indicating your age with your answer would be most helpful.

also indicate if you happen to carry a number of phones, though that may open up a whole new line of questioning.

When I walk I like to listen to my I-Pod. Music seems to pass the time away much nicer. I can walk for 14 hours straight if listening to the right music. But, I get bored otherwise just walking in the city. However, I carry my cell phone in my pocket and make sure the zipper is fastened... or the pocket is a deep one. I've seen far too many cel-phones flip out on the pavement. When I"m hiking I like to carry my Nikon SLR in a fanny pack that has a good clip fastener.

When I walk I like to listen to my I-Pod. Music seems to pass the time away much nicer. I can walk for 14 hours straight if listening to the right music. But, I get bored otherwise just walking in the city. However, I carry my cell phone in my pocket and make sure the zipper is fastened... or the pocket is a deep one. I've seen far too many cel-phones flip out on the pavement. When I"m hiking I like to carry my Nikon SLR in a fanny pack that has a good clip fastener.

Fanny Pack !? :unsure: .... Well If you've got it. flaunt it Ian. :D

Does your Vulva swell when your in season ?

He doesn't drive a Vulva, he walks or rides his motocy.

:lol: mario299

The day I wear a phone on my belt is the day I'd like to be euthanized.

I'm 36

:lol:

Or socks with flip flops. If that's not synonymous with being a coffin dodger I don't know what is.

Edited by mca

What's "naff"?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/naff

In UK English a 'fanny' is something very different to the US :)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fanny

Hence a 'fanny pack' still brings a smile :)

And don't even talk to an American about " smoking a fag" :D

Or ''dying for a fag'' or ''laying the table'', or coming home ''pissed''.

Strange people, I'm glad we bailed out when we did and just left them to it.

I venture about with my trousers clipped to my belt every day. It may be naff to some, but better than venturing about with them around my knees and my fanny pack showing.

Edited by ballpoint

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm well aware of the difference between what Aussies call a "fanny" and what North American's call a "fanny". But, that is what they are called here. I know all those jokes and can tell more than a few myself. When I first went to Australia with an American girl she stated loudly in a pub one night that her fanny was getting bigger from spending too much time with the pub crowd. She meant the eating and drinking, but the shocked look on the faces of all the other patrons was priceless.

With me they would be better called a hip bag. You don't have any strange interpretations for "hip" do you? The hip bags are far more functional than back packs which are too hot to carry in Thailand if you only need a small bag. And, they don't get in the way like a shoulder bag does.

Ian_Miss_Sweden_1_Em_2.sized.jpg

I usually carry 2 phones, a notebook (paper) and some other minor stuff which are all in my shorts' pockets, 6 pockets, deep and closed by velcro.

If I have the netbook and SLR camera with me (which is most of the time), I carry a shoulder strap bag containing that and maybe an extra lens or two and a flash.

Edited by manarak

I had no idea that cod pieces were back in fashion Ian. Guess I'm not hip enough.

I've got pictures of cod, but that's enough pictures for today. :D I gotta go help my son renovate his new home.:)

Anyone worrying about how having a phone in a belt holder is perceived, must really have some self confidence issues.

Are you still around, Wyatt? I thought you died back in 1929? Sorry to hear about your bothers, though. I was up hunting buffalo when I heard. I was lucky to get out of that mess with Sitting Bull and Custer because I stopped off to do a little trout fishing in the Big Horn.

Custer_Ian.jpg

I'm well aware of the difference between what Aussies call a "fanny" and what North American's call a "fanny". But, that is what they are called here. I know all those jokes and can tell more than a few myself. When I first went to Australia with an American girl she stated loudly in a pub one night that her fanny was getting bigger from spending too much time with the pub crowd. She meant the eating and drinking, but the shocked look on the faces of all the other patrons was priceless.

With me they would be better called a hip bag. You don't have any strange interpretations for "hip" do you? The hip bags are far more functional than back packs which are too hot to carry in Thailand if you only need a small bag. And, they don't get in the way like a shoulder bag does.

Ian_Miss_Sweden_1_Em_2.sized.jpg

Classic, Ian. Simply rich...... +10 B)

I'm 36

Why is that? What difference does it make if a person clips his phone to his belt or carries it?

I'm 36

Why is that? What difference does it make if a person clips his phone to his belt or carries it?

You must be one then, yes?:)

Anyone worrying about how having a phone in a belt holder is perceived, must really have some self confidence issues.

Does having yours at the hip make you feel like a cowboy?

YOu should see all the stuff my son has hanging off his hip belt: Hammers, a saw, pliers, steel cutters, screw drivers, tape measure, wrench, nail pullers and gawd knows what else. The bloody thing weighs about 10 kilos.

YOu should see all the stuff my son has hanging off his hip belt: Hammers, a saw, pliers, steel cutters, screw drivers, tape measure, wrench, nail pullers and gawd knows what else. The bloody thing weighs about 10 kilos.

Forbes family reunion. :D

VP.jpg

Remind me not to get in the same line as him at airport security.

Always thought belt clips were a bit tacky looking and never rolled like that myself. I am 35 and am betting the older crowd more than likely uses belt clips more than the younger. I am by no means that young though. I am probably doing myself a disservice by choosing not to use a clip or fanny pack as they actually would be quite useful. I wonder why it is that it would be weird for guys to wear a purse? Is there some unwritten law that says men don;t have tons of junk to carry around? Not that I carry a purse either just find the psychology of the concept of purses being a girl thing. Although evey where in Asia you see guys with man purses. For the people that say belt clips are gay you are more likely to see straight people using them. Funny how the things people call gay are usually anything but gay. Also funny how the usage of that word is widely used here derogatorily and tolerated. If I started characterising things as being "negro" I don't think I would get away with it. I am just saying and I don;t actually really care about what words people use,

Now for the real question..... If you use a belt clip are you more likely to wear socks with sandals? If so that would be so straight. :o