Upvc Balcony Doors

VisasPlus

I live in a condo which has aluminiumn sliding balcony doors, as most do. In view of the increasing noise form our neighbouring hotel I would like to get soundproof UPVC doors, if possible. I have found one supplier on Sukhumvit, but I would like to find more in order to compare prices. Anybody know any companies in this line of work ?

ARC and Windsor are 2 names that spring to mind.

Don't konw anything good or bad about either though.

You might want to check your condo rules about being able to change the exterior appearance of the condo building though, or have a word with the manager or committee.

Euro is another company, if you are changing doors for soundproofing DONT get sliding doors!

Can you explain ? The company I contacted said there would be a 38 -45 db decrease in noise, even with sliding doors

Euro is another company, if you are changing doors for soundproofing DONT get sliding doors!

Can you explain ? The company I contacted said there would be a 38 -45 db decrease in noise, even with sliding doors

I'm sure you can find a better explanation if you look but briefly, sliding doors don't have a "positive" seal and let a lot of noise in where there is no "positive" seal. I replaced some doors for expensive double glazed UPVC and was very disappointed, yes they are quieter than what was on before, but if I had put on French type closing doors they would have been far more efficient.

Is that the one owned by the British man , Lord Hilly of the Pratumak hill domains and envoirns .

Edited by Thaifan2

There was a thread earlier this year in which I replied as have had fairly recent experience with changing ali for UPVC -

http://www.thaivisa....age__p__4314908

Some thoughts in here may be useful (if the link works :whistling: )

The link does work, and thanks for the info. WR are coming out as the cheapest at the moment.

That is what I found but I would strongly recommend that If you are able it is worth going to look at the actual products in the showrooms so you can see exactly what you are going to get - there are 4 of them fairly close to each other on Sukhumvit with three on the "dark side" of the road and Euro on the other.