Product Search ...

chiangmaibruce

hi folks. we have been hunting for 100% cotton blankets .. either the waffle-weave style or the towelling style would be ok.

Has anyone seen these around town? Seems to be all acrylic stuff, which is pretty horrible and sweaty to sleep under.

We have tried quite a few places already ... Robinson is our last and best remaining hope

Got mine towards JJ market.

N-E corner of moat, go north, after 1st traffic light on the right side, big building.

:)

edit: atm I only use a cotton sheet as blanket. Too hot for real blanket whilst not running aircon.

Edited by MikeCNX

If you go down to Warrowot Market, visit a few of the fabric stores and look at their bedding material. Many of the owners of the fabric shops are Indian descent, and speak English so they will understand what you are looking for. When you find what you are looking for most of the shops will either finish the fabric into the size you want, or direct you to someone who will sew it for you.

When I first came to Chiang Mai, I would spend countless hours and days looking for something, and then I got the bright idea to go to the fabric shops, and have been pleased on bed sheets (complete with flat top sheets) that I have had made, to cotton duvets, to duvet covers. If I need something I don't even bother going around town hunting for it anymore.

I get mine from a Hmong village in Ponyang, out past the elephant camp a few kilometers. Cost 2500 baht. I have been using them for many years :)

Got mine towards JJ market.

N-E corner of moat, go north, after 1st traffic light on the right side, big building.

Thanks for all responses thus far. Mike, we went to a satellite store of the one you mention just today (they are up near Thapae Rd). They said they had the same products as the big store. They had a blanket marked as "Terry Cotton" with no more specific details than that .. and the staff didn't know if it was pure cotton or not. In Australia at least, "terry cotton" or "terry towelling" means synthetic blend (terylene).

HomePro has a blanket marked "Cotton" in big lettering but again the staff had no idea whether it was pure cotton, 10% cotton or whatever ... again no tag on the seam or specific details on the cover. Maybe it's "Cotton" brand ... hard to tell without dropping a hot iron on it :)

Waffel-cotton today spotted at Kadluang, going into the soi that starts more or less opposite Chiang Mai Plastic (coming from Tapae Road) the first fabric store at the right side. The waffel stuff was right on the corner, see pic. The sewing girls at the second floor of Kadluang building (behind the drugstores) can make sheets of if for peanuts while having a delicious 35b Phad Thai and an Thai-style Ice Tea at the 3rd floor right above. Please say hello from me to Naam the charming chubby your lady at the coffee corner.

b87e70b324d90653505e4e00e5931b04.jpg

Edited by Member