Rubber Trees

Imok g2g interesting points u make.same as thaiguzzi and probably all of us its a juggling act cost versus return.

As regards to trees like that.Have many like that here but not all.That is on 20 rai .About 19 year old has about 10 years left in it yet.That tree has a 1 meter tap length.On that 20 rai they get between 90 to 100 kg of sheet per day.sell a bit of kee yang for 1st week of season..pui used untill 2 years ago was only 270 bart per bag but changed 2 years to a better pui.300 per bag .Now 370 bart per bag 2 bags per rai at start of season then .5 of a bag in middle of season.taped by 1 myanmar man.His wife taps another 20 rai on her own.Mae kickiat = not lazey..

I think its a different ballgame down here..

As for oi We saw in sukhothai they were making what I thought was pretty good money.Seems like a lot less hassle than yang too but wat ever you do in farming its not easy.

Cant see yang ever being big money again.Lao and myanmar and other countries are now flooding the market.Also able to cut cheeper than Thai

Cheers Cobbler

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by cobbler
  • Like 1

On the idiot box this am, Sheets 56 Baht and that's not what we get at the bottom of the pile.

with all this talk of bad prices, on here and else where, does anyone see problems holding onto workers at the currents prices?

last year I asked what would be the cut off to stop tapping and go to the city for work to our family that tap. 35 -40 baht wet cup was the answer. end last season was below this but they kept on working........... have not had the heart to ask them in passing yet, will wait to hear from them first.

I would not blame them if they did not tap at the price of 30 baht or below wet cup!

Still have many myanmar workers down here.If a farm looses a myanmar worker or sacks them no problem.Can always get another.

However,i think many of them are doing it because its better than no money at all.I know 1 mon worker left a good 20 rai mountain farm making 45 to 50 kg per tap.Went to flat land 30 rai of 1st year trees just opened.Thinking it was going to ne a better life.Now makes shit money.Only selling kee yang.His wife left him and took there baby daughter back to myanmar mon country.

Lovely guy felt sorry for himCheers Cobbler

Think i can see many trees in the dryer areas being cut and sold for wood .Then grow something else.EG.We can make more money growing toa fuk yeow long beens on a 10 x 10 meter bit of land than on the same amount of yang area.

200 to 300 bart every time we harvest.But you need sprinklers.Luckily we do.Its beer money.555

Cheers cobbler

Think i can see many trees in the dryer areas being cut and sold for wood .Then grow something else.EG.We can make more money growing toa fuk yeow long beens on a 10 x 10 meter bit of land than on the same amount of yang area.

200 to 300 bart every time we harvest.But you need sprinklers.Luckily we do.Its beer money.555

Cheers cobbler

Still have many myanmar workers down here.If a farm looses a myanmar worker or sacks them no problem.Can always get another.

However,i think many of them are doing it because its better than no money at all.I know 1 mon worker left a good 20 rai mountain farm making 45 to 50 kg per tap.Went to flat land 30 rai of 1st year trees just opened.Thinking it was going to ne a better life.Now makes shit money.Only selling kee yang.His wife left him and took there baby daughter back to myanmar mon country.

Lovely guy felt sorry for himCheers Cobbler

Sent from my SM-T315T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Shit I got new phone still learning how to use it.

Hmm anyway.Was just thinking .Imagine now this gov is out if yang go up to 100 per kilo.hmmm

Hmm anyway.Was just thinking .Imagine now this gov is out if yang go up to 100 per kilo.hmmm

I very much doubt it. My mate looks at futures markets on commodities. He says it's not a bright prospect. I can't ask him now as the Ranong 30 day stamp clamp down has caught him out. He's heading home to Perth.

I very much doubt it. My mate looks at futures markets on commodities. He says it's not a bright prospect. I can't ask him now as the Ranong 30 day stamp clamp down has caught him out. He's heading home to Perth.

o well.there goes that idea

Has anyone tried that Hevea-3 hormone system? It uses their H-H 288 hormones. Supposedly it's different than the other ones that are used.

Don't know anything about it. Just had someone taking about it today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried that Hevea-3 hormone system? It uses their H-H 288 hormones. Supposedly it's different than the other ones that are used.

Don't know anything about it. Just had someone taking about it today.

The Rubber price has dropped & will continue to stay low due to increasing supply.

To make rubber farming in Thailand a worthwhile venture for both the tapper & plantation owner, a move away from the current ways may be required.

For me the metric to focus on is grams / tree / tap.

From this Company's website.

This system must only be used on trees over 13 years old.

For me there seems to be a lack of real facts / data on the system.

It looks to be no more than a modification of other LITS systems which are already available, as opposed to something new.

Personally I would prefer to use the G-Flex technology which has been professionally developed by RRIM & has real facts / data to justify it's use.

Edited by Mark1971
  • Like 1

Be very careful with hormones and such.I dont know of this particular brand of hormone.BUT I have seen trees completely shut down within 3 years because of use of hormones and gas.

Yes you get big money the 1st and 2nd year , but after that its all downhill..Trying to milk more from the tree than its designed to produce is a very dangerous game long term.Ive seen some farmers down our area gas trees when trees are about 27 years old just to double the output for the last 2 or 3 seasons of trees life.it works but nobody wilo buy the wood after because thevinside of the tree is <deleted>#£€d .So really the owner is no further in front.Because he gets 100% of the sale of the wood but only 60% of latex production.

Im not saying dont do it but im saying "be very careful"The people telling you stuff about hormones want to sell it to you.After that its not there problem.

Cheers cobbler

• Like 1

Yea I've heard about the ruining of trees with hormones. I'm quite skeptical about this one as there was no information on the can or their website about it's components or anything. Not to mention being familiar with Thai marketing techniques... Lol.

Personally I prefer the slow and steady route rather than risk screwing something up long term. However, I'm always open to listen and learn about new things.

I also wonder if the trees get ruined the way that they do due to the farmers not following the recommended dose/cycle/etc and being over zealous about the application and such. I could totally see people getting carried away with it. Lol

BTW, cobbler what were you doing awake at 4am?

• Like 1

Kolohe yawn I um scratch.have no set rootine lol

Anything any time.wake up have a coffee watch the news watch the mon tap a bit as he finnishes the last of the trees.Talk to the dogs.Our dogs are very smart.They can speak 3 languages, thai, myanmar and english.lol igleow. We are not home much so I tend to enjoy it when we are.

Cheers Cobbler

Given the crap prices we are getting just now and possibly way into the future. I'm just wondering about the finances of pui. At 24 Baht/kg for kee yang that is possibly 2 or 3 harvests just to pay for top quality fertiliser. I've already said to er indoors that I'm reluctant to be forking out for such small return.

You got me interested on the fertiliser. What is the makeup of the commercial "good" stuff and what weight per tree used? Can't favour the hormone stuff but there are bacterial mixes that capture nitrogen and release the P and K elements. Possible to mix some up to suit.

I think the sacks are 15 kg and 1 sack/rai . 70-75 trees depending on the lay of the land, Not sure of the make. I think it's in an earlier post. Will look later but I'm off for my visa extension stamp. (At last)

Dont know if this is worth a thought or not, but, maybe its worth going to your local piggery or chook farm.Shovel a ute full of shit for a very cheap price.Drive back to the yang farm and spread it around.Like mr motorguzzi said most of the cheap pui is just shit anyway.

Just sold at the gate. They were paying more than our travel to spots. 25 Baht.

mosha, at what price would you stop tapping? whats the thoughts of your tappers at this rate, 25 baht.

I still have not touched base with our tappers, but at this price level would not expect them to start work.......... for sure If I were them I would not bother

Our tappers are Mon, they need the money to send home for their son's schooling. No one around here has stopped tapping, crap prices or not. Fortunately for my wife and I, I get a company pension from back in England.

• Like 1

Mon and myanmar will keep cutting untill they cant get a feed out of it.Because its better than nothing.Sad state of affairs.

Edited by cobbler
  • Like 1