What A Nice Supprise

I took my Wife's Accord for its second service,its nice, but not for me,its too big.Whilst waiting, one of the million non English Speaking Sales Girls asked me if i would like to drive the CRV Demo.Most impressed, and I'm not a SUV Fan really, but this felt as if it had been designed from the Dust Caps to the Roof, not bits bolted on later.Has anyone here owned one,it never gets mentioned very much. Im aware old Design,but new isn't allways better.My Range Rover should post in the I drink too Much Section,but its safe from sideways Locals. They had some second hand ones,in perfect condition,but nearly as much as new.Share your thoughts,or am i easily impressed.?.I was by the Sales Girl.:wub: P.S,id love a GTi Golf,but im Hen Pecked.

i would like to drive the CRV Demo.Most impressed

i easily impressed.?.I was by the Sales Girl.:wub:

Was the heading refering to the car or the sales girl ;):D

Yes, l think he would have been impressed with any motor in her ''company''. :lol:

You have been wanderin in the woods for too long, and are too impressed with the wrong things. I am generally a Honda fan, but not with the CRV (a "car" with no purpose) or the Accord (the body style sucks beyond belief (although under that wretched skin is a fine automobile)). Go back and fondle the sales girl, that's what you really want. And with a Range Rover -- no wonder the CRV looks good to you!

The CRV is already an updated model. In a crash with the myriad City's & Soluna's on the road I don't have to tell you who comes out unharmed. Solid performer. Agree Camry stole Accords styling. Honda - what were you thinking?

Your wife's Accord is too big for you, and you drive a Range Rover?

Yes,its a Company Leased Vehicle,if you read, and inwardly digested what you read, you would have noted my Golf Remark.

I'm sure your feelings on the Golf Gti and the fact that your car is Company Leased, gives a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why there's nothing strange about saying that your wife's Accord is too big for you but yet you drive a Range Rover, it's just that my interest level isn't great enough to figure it out.

Well., all i can say is that to me it was a pleasant change {So would the Salesgirl have been}, we have all seen them.it was nice to try it.I drive a Sportivo quite a lot, but a Vigo seems quieter to me, a Mu 7, reminds me a Bike Ride would do me good,all a lot better than my first Ford Prefect.Has anyone noticed Henry Ford is still alive here,they all have a Black Something on offer. Ive completely missed the point of that Toyota Green Thing, its neither Fish nor Game.:bah:

I'll 2nd that - the CR-V is a nice car to drive - that's why so many people still buy them regardless of how ridiculously expensive they are to run ;) However, it certainly doesn't represent the best of breed in any respect, and there are much better drives out there for similar money...

The Accord is a downright awful car IMHO - it's noisy, bumpy, the AT is sluggish and it has a personality disorder - it's trying to be a sports car, but it's too underpowered, and it fails to be a luxury car due to (very, very) sub-standard NVH. A current model City is quieter, smoother and more responsive than a 2.4L Accord, heh.

In short, I can understand why the CR-V felt nice to be in after the Accord, but if you really want to be impressed with a mid-range car, my pick would be the Nissan Teana 250XV in this price range.. Give it a test drive the next time the Honda's in for service ;)

We own two CRVs one for me and one for my wife, hers is an older model and has cloth seats, my new model has leather seats and they are hotter and slippier than a hot slippy thing in a hot slippy place, that is my only complaint with the car, apart from that they are fine, the new model gets 12.8km to the ltr. The older one a little more.

We own two CRVs one for me and one for my wife, hers is an older model and has cloth seats, my new model has leather seats and they are hotter and slippier than a hot slippy thing in a hot slippy place, that is my only complaint with the car, apart from that they are fine, the new model gets 12.8km to the ltr. The older one a little more.

You push the car from outside? i get 12 on a CITY and i dont accelerate like a maniac or drive fast or stop& go's

I'll 2nd that - the CR-V is a nice car to drive - that's why so many people still buy them regardless of how ridiculously expensive they are to run ;) However, it certainly doesn't represent the best of breed in any respect, and there are much better drives out there for similar money...

The Accord is a downright awful car IMHO - it's noisy, bumpy, the AT is sluggish and it has a personality disorder - it's trying to be a sports car, but it's too underpowered, and it fails to be a luxury car due to (very, very) sub-standard NVH. A current model City is quieter, smoother and more responsive than a 2.4L Accord, heh.

In short, I can understand why the CR-V felt nice to be in after the Accord, but if you really want to be impressed with a mid-range car, my pick would be the Nissan Teana 250XV in this price range.. Give it a test drive the next time the Honda's in for service ;)

Again,its leased its the big engine model ,it isn't so slow that i noticed,its up for a change in August, but i never say anything,its done sterling service,and Er in Doors will have the Upgrade no doubt. Don't you think the days compared with yesteryear have gone, when you could tell a Jag from a Benz,now its hard to tell if its a Toyo,or a Small Benz approaching.I use the City as much as i can in Bkk,i do love the Chhekey Little Bugger,no Auto,and squeels like a stuck pig away from the lights.

You push the car from outside? i get 12 on a CITY and i dont accelerate like a maniac or drive fast or stop& go's

Err yes quite, that is the old model the new one gets 9.7 a ltr

Again,its leased its the big engine model ,it isn't so slow that i noticed,its up for a change in August, but i never say anything,its done sterling service,and Er in Doors will have the Upgrade no doubt. Don't you think the days compared with yesteryear have gone, when you could tell a Jag from a Benz,now its hard to tell if its a Toyo,or a Small Benz approaching.I use the City as much as i can in Bkk,i do love the Chhekey Little Bugger,no Auto,and squeels like a stuck pig away from the lights.

Actually the accord is the benz

If you take one of those ugly 140hp benz that many middle class thai seem to buy to make their small engine (down there) grow , has the SAME shape as the accord side by side. Only the front and back has a difference.

Seriously, there is over 20 of them in my moobaan.. Mostly from second tier houses

......, but if you really want to be impressed with a mid-range car, my pick would be the Nissan Teana 250XV in this price range.. Give it a test drive the next time the Honda's in for service ;)

I agree that the new Teana is a great looking and driving car. But I worry about durability and resale vale on Nissans. I expect that a Teana will lose its value incredibly quickly, and also will start to be expensive to maintain after about 100,000 km. So, selling it will be costly but keeping it will be costly also -- lose either way.

......, but if you really want to be impressed with a mid-range car, my pick would be the Nissan Teana 250XV in this price range.. Give it a test drive the next time the Honda's in for service ;)

I agree that the new Teana is a great looking and driving car. But I worry about durability and resale vale on Nissans. I expect that a Teana will lose its value incredibly quickly, and also will start to be expensive to maintain after about 100,000 km. So, selling it will be costly but keeping it will be costly also -- lose either way.

There's no doubt a Camry or an Accord will sell faster, but used values for the Teana seem to be holding up quite well:

2009 Teana 250XV's

2009 2.4L Camry's

2009 2.4L Accord's

Back in 2009, the Teana 250XV ranged from 1.499M (no navi, no S/R) to 1.649M for the top model with sunroof and navi.

The Camry ranged from 1.449M (G) to 1.679M (V Navi) and 1.779M for the hybrid.

The Accord ranged from 1.401M (E) to 1.672M (EL)

On a side note, there seems to be quote a few Camry Hybrids for sale.. Probably all the people who bought it without test-driving first, then got a rude shock when they discovered how awful it is ;)

Ah the Test Drive,years ago i bought an Audi Saloon without a test run,the gear box was a disgrace, then you are told "They are all Like That.".The biggest shock i got was a test drive in the early Benz Range Rover copy.No, this time the BOX wasn't like a Spoon in Porridge,this time it took 2 Hands to ram it into First."They are all like that", ahh well i said,im just a born moaner.A Test Drive is essential,and tell the Dealership Passenger to Shut the.... Up.!!!

I cannot really comment about Thai built Nissan durabilty, but why would the engine need attention after just 100k km's, thats about 62K miles??. Have you had bad experience of Nissan petrol engines over here?.

The UK built Nissan Bluebirds and later the Primera, I owned a 2L GT version, (150 bhp) a real wolf in sheeps etc were bullet proof.

My young Somchai neighbour has a Nissan Cefiro V6 in his Toyota Tiger pickup, lowered of course and an exhaust pipe that you can stick your head inside.

Lucky for all of us that he away working in Bangers, so must of the time it is just parked up. :(

I cannot really comment about Thai built Nissan durabilty, but why would the engine need attention after just 100k km's, thats about 62K miles??. Have you had bad experience of Nissan petrol engines over here?.

The UK built Nissan Bluebirds and later the Primera, I owned a 2L GT version, (150 bhp) a real wolf in sheeps etc were bullet proof.

My young Somchai neighbour has a Nissan Cefiro V6 in his Toyota Tiger pickup, lowered of course and an exhaust pipe that you can stick your head inside.

Lucky for all of us that he away working in Bangers, so must of the time it is just parked up. :(

+1 for Nissan engines being bullet-proof

1,6 million baht sedan, today my choise wold be Nissan Teana 2,5 V6. Upgrade shocks only and it handles well too. I am not very happy with the CVT auto, but six pot compensates :) .

The only repairissue I see is the CVT, but not very expensive to replace belt and rollers so no major worries

1,6 million baht sedan, today my choise wold be Nissan Teana 2,5 V6. Upgrade shocks only and it handles well too. I am not very happy with the CVT auto, but six pot compensates :) .

The only repairissue I see is the CVT, but not very expensive to replace belt and rollers so no major worries

I agree I think Nissan cars are great to drive and good engines, even the truck.

In England they got slated and I think never got rid of the saying " Buy a Datsun and watch it rust ".

I like the Teana except for the rear, seems a bit iffy IMO, must have a go sometime, I bet it's a very comfy ride.

I must add, I find the thing with Nissans in most people thoughts is nothing more than the knob value thing, a bit of the " Oh ! Nissan No, No I have a ".:whistling:

Just re -read my post No 19, and of course I meant the engine from a Nissan Cefiro, not the whole car!, sorry for confusion!.

Mr Saki, but remember the Datsun Cherry?, I think that car alone killed off the likes of British Leyland a total shock to the majority of Brit motorists, (Cherry) - a car that did not continually breakdown!.

I like the Teana except for the rear, seems a bit iffy IMO, must have a go sometime, I bet it's a very comfy ride.

When i drove one, i wanted to hate it as i really don't particularly like its looks and prefer the Camry, but it completely won me over in a way i never expected. An amazing ride that just makes you want to go on driving. Had the same experience with the Cefiro some years before actually. Hated that car's bland boring looks, but driving it changed my mind totally.

When i drove one, i wanted to hate it as i really don't particularly like its looks and prefer the Camry, but it completely won me over in a way i never expected. An amazing ride that just makes you want to go on driving. Had the same experience with the Cefiro some years before actually. Hated that car's bland boring looks, but driving it changed my mind totally.

Im sure you can add something to the body to make it more exciting without looking like a 16 year old asian katoey like those pictures of some mazda 2 mods that were posted in an other thread :yohan:

Im sure you can add something to the body to make it more exciting without looking like a 16 year old asian katoey like those pictures of some mazda 2 mods that were posted in an other thread :yohan:

It's not about it being exciting or not, it's about it looking balanced, proportioned and attractive. To me the Camry looks good. Teana, not so much, although in the right colour with the right tints, it improves its game.

Just re -read my post No 19, and of course I meant the engine from a Nissan Cefiro, not the whole car!, sorry for confusion!.

Mr Saki, but remember the Datsun Cherry?, I think that car alone killed off the likes of British Leyland a total shock to the majority of Brit motorists, (Cherry) - a car that did not continually breakdown!.

That's right people forgot that they kept going.

In 1996, Jeremy Clarkson ( Top Gear) declared the Nissan Sunny to be the "worst car in the world, ever" and destroyed one by flinging it from a trebuchet pulled by a tractor.

A bit unfair being done by someone who can afford a Ferrai and alike.

In 2003, on Top Gear, presenter Richard Hammond also proclaimed the Sunny to be the worst car ever, and had a Sunny incinerated by the exhaust fumes of a jet-powered funny car.

Their main motivation being the dull design and driving experience of the Sunny making it a car of "no soul or character". Again no mention of the engine.:(

Edited by Kwasaki

It's not about it being exciting or not, it's about it looking balanced, proportioned and attractive. To me the Camry looks good. Teana, not so much, although in the right colour with the right tints, it improves its game.

Camry looks good

but steering is heavy at low speed and super light above 160 kmh and od response from front wheels

suspension soft and traction not good at high speed

auto on 2,4 overheating trying to keep 160kmh for hours

wind noise

making me swap to 2008 Accord 2,4, better on all above

but to much road noise

and then present Teana came 2009, and beat them both :)

That's right people forgot that they kept going.

In 1996, Jeremy Clarkson ( Top Gear) declared the Nissan Sunny to be the "worst car in the world, ever" and destroyed one by flinging it from a trebuchet pulled by a tractor.

A bit unfair being done by someone who can afford a Ferrai and alike.

In 2003, on Top Gear, presenter Richard Hammond also proclaimed the Sunny to be the worst car ever, and had a Sunny incinerated by the exhaust fumes of a jet-powered funny car.

Their main motivation being the dull design and driving experience of the Sunny making it a car of "no soul or character". Again no mention of the engine.:(

How could a Sunny be worse than an Allegro or a Maestro? How could anything? Bland beats ugly.