What A Nice Supprise

How could a Sunny be worse than an Allegro or a Maestro? How could anything? Bland beats ugly.

Oh ! yes remember the old Agro and the Mashtro, bland beats ugly maybe but reliable beats everything. :)

When someone mentions a Make here you tend to notice one the next day.Ive noticed Tenas tend to have Hello Kitty Plate Frames,a serious warning sign,or silly plastic covers with Bimbo,sorry Brembo on their brake calipers,but so do spotty kids in pic ups.Oh Dear,:sorry: :sorry: perhaps some contributors her have bullshit brake covers.!!!!:D

When someone mentions a Make here you tend to notice one the next day.Ive noticed Tenas tend to have Hello Kitty Plate Frames,a serious warning sign,or silly plastic covers with Bimbo,sorry Brembo on their brake calipers,but so do spotty kids in pic ups.

LOL, you don't live in a very good neighborhood do you? :D

How could a Sunny be worse than an Allegro or a Maestro? How could anything? Bland beats ugly.

Oh ! yes remember the old Agro and the Mashtro, bland beats ugly maybe but reliable beats everything. :)

Usually yes, but in the case of those two, the quicker they died the better biggrin.gif.

I have had 2 dependable long lasting CRV's in the United states. On cold winter with 60 cm of snow and ice on the roads I took my 2wd CRV on a 2 week 12 state 4000 mile drive with not one problem. While others were getting stuck in their 4wd I just kept going.

Last November at the Auto show I Looked at the New Honda Brio. They only let you see the out side. I went back to Chiang Mai and ordered one. (Booking) at the time they said it would be April delivery.

At the March International Auto show they had Many Brio, but the interior seemed Cheep and not well put together. A few days later I got a letter from Honda that the Brio delivery would be 6 - 8 months late. Thatwould be 11 - 13 months in all I wait, so I cancelled the order. Then they told me it would be months more to get my Booking refunded.

Sorry, Never a Honda car again. I purchased a Nissan March, Love it, get 19.2 km/l with the A/C on and Big Fat afternarket tires and wheels on it. Love it so much I've ordered a second one.

I'll 2nd that - the CR-V is a nice car to drive - that's why so many people still buy them regardless of how ridiculously expensive they are to run However, it certainly doesn't represent the best of breed in any respect, and there are much better drives out there for similar money...

The Accord is a downright awful car IMHO - it's noisy, bumpy, the AT is sluggish and it has a personality disorder - it's trying to be a sports car, but it's too underpowered, and it fails to be a luxury car due to (very, very) sub-standard NVH. A current model City is quieter, smoother and more responsive than a 2.4L Accord, heh.

In short, I can understand why the CR-V felt nice to be in after the Accord, but if you really want to be impressed with a mid-range car, my pick would be the Nissan Teana 250XV in this price range.. Give it a test drive the next time the Honda's in for service

I am a bit surprised that the thread moved directly from CRV to a Camry/Accord/Teana discussion. As a family card the CRV is a much more practical choice with easy loading/unloading, wife friendly (better overview by sitting higher), flexible seats for transport (read: Ikea opens in November) etc.

In Europe we have the station wagons that are perfect family cars, however not available (at a reasonable price) here in Thailand.

Anyone has some suggested options to the CRV, and please don't refer to the pickups (there are 13 Fortuners on the dozen in my neighborhood and they all drives like a 90's US SUV).

I am a bit surprised that the thread moved directly from CRV to a Camry/Accord/Teana discussion.

Why surprised? The OP's post was about comparing his wife's Accord to a test-drive CR-V. The Camry and Teana are logical comparisons to make.

Or, are you more surprised that the CR-V isn't getting the love? ;) It's a nice car - I'd never buy one, but I can appreciate the reasons why some people would.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I am a bit surprised that the thread moved directly from CRV to a Camry/Accord/Teana discussion.

Why surprised? The OP's post was about comparing his wife's Accord to a test-drive CR-V. The Camry and Teana are logical comparisons to make.

Or, are you more surprised that the CR-V isn't getting the love? It's a nice car - I'd never buy one, but I can appreciate the reasons why some people would.

Sorry, I should probably have started a new thread discussing options to CR-V

Is the only option to a CR-V a Teana/Accord/Camry, or if there are any other good options out there? I am currently looking for a car in the segment, and as a family man I would prefer a station wagon or SUV (even though I really like the sedans).

I have tried the Fortuner, but don't like the ride comfort. Have not tried the CR-V yet, but I guess the comfort is better, since it is built around a car chassis?

Or, are you more surprised that the CR-V isn't getting the love? It's a nice car - I'd never buy one, but I can appreciate the reasons why some people would.

Is the only option to a CR-V a Teana/Accord/Camry, or if there are any other good options out there? I am currently looking for a car in the segment, and as a family man I would prefer a station wagon or SUV (even though I really like the sedans).

I have tried the Fortuner, but don't like the ride comfort. Have not tried the CR-V yet, but I guess the comfort is better, since it is built around a car chassis?

Best comparisons for the CR-V in Thailand are the Chev Captiva, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Nissan X-Trail, and Hyundai Tuscon (all softroaders). In the PPV space (SUV's based on pickups) there's the Toyota Fortuner, Mistu Pajero Sport, Isuzu MU-7 and Ford Everest.

Yes, probably best to start a new thread :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

If not happy with a Fortuner you can always buy a Volvo X90 or X60 don't complain about the price.

I guess you ride a Fortuner? I did not write to criticize your car choice. Fortuner is on my list, but I would prefer something else. Also, since every second car in our compound is a Fortuner I would prefer something else...

Volvo is not on my list, it's just too dam_n expensive in this country.

Now that the topic have broadened some, which type is the safest to drive here, I would like to try and maybe buy a Teana but don't like the possibility of a collision with a pick-up truck, or are the mid range sedan's safe enough?Safety for my family is top priority

Now that the topic have broadened some, which type is the safest to drive here, I would like to try and maybe buy a Teana but don't like the possibility of a collision with a pick-up truck, or are the mid range sedan's safe enough?Safety for my family is top priority

There's no doubt that size and weight matters in multi-vehicles crashes, so as you go up in segments, you're inherently safer. It's not the only factor though - the car's handling capability and electronic stability aids both factor-in to avoiding accidents int he first place, and a good complement of airbags offer more occupant protection in all cases. Height also matters in Thailand, given the large percentage of Pickups on the road, and the increasing trend of "hi-rider" variants that are jacked up to 4WD heights.

There's no simple answer to your question though, as it all depends on the nature of the accident you were to compare.

Still, this topic is always a good excuse for posting some videos :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKtuRMJrsg

Dont be fooled by a High Rider,they are less safe than the base truck they are welded to..They tumble over like toddlers. some owners :blink: are so dumb the post proud picture of them here.

But, but, but, :huh: my 4x4 truck hasn't tumbled ''yet'', you must remember that the driver does come into the equation, me. :D

Edited by transam

Videos are all well and good but the crashes that are showed mostly are head on or driving into walls.

What does it say apart from if your not able to buy a big expensive car keep your car out of the way and don't put people and shopping in it, daft.

The safety of cars is important, Yes ! but I feel the main point is being missed, whats that ??

I say what sort of a driver would would get their self into a position where they have a head on crash ??

I also say most ordinary accidents that happen could be avoided, excluding vehicle failures that is another issue.

So what other questions are there here !

OK your driving along and worse scenario something happens so quickly like someone coming in opposite direction crashing into you, so you want to be safe but you cannot afford to run an ex-military tank, what do you do ??

Safety issues for people I understand but to go out to buy a car with that only in mine is usually out of most peoples reach, so what's the thought then, Oh ! this car is the most I can afford so I won't get mashed that much, pitiful.

Where does it lead, all I know is whatever the car is that I am driving, if I see a Cement truck or similar or any other car for that matter on the road I sure as hell don't wanna get hit by it or hit it.

Personally and I mean personally that's why I like a motorcycle and I am talking motorcycle not moped thingys and scooters, I can get out of the way.

I see being out on the road liken to people going out on a busy boating lake that have their hire numbers on and if your numbers up it's up.

Going back to ' What a nice surprise '. :lol:

I seen the videos, and I think we were discussing this in another topic. I am looking for a replacement for my H. City maybe next year, shit I better get a "battle ship" T. Fortuner or Mit. Pajero even if they are not really my cup of tea. The new Ranger looks interesting though.

Kwasaki, sure I see your points but you are not always in full control if some idiot driver makes a big mistake, that is why it make sense to me to buy a safe vehicle as possible especially when I got mt family in the car.