Toolbar

Penkoprod

When minimized it takes up only about 1cm/sq in the lower right hand corner. This allows you to get rid of the scrolling text which used to occupy far more space at the top, and you weren't able to get rid of it. The toolbar moves that out of direct line of sight, and offers users the option to dismiss and recall it when needed.

When minimized it takes up only about 1cm/sq in the lower right hand corner. This allows you to get rid of the scrolling text which used to occupy far more space at the top, and you weren't able to get rid of it. The toolbar moves that out of direct line of sight, and offers users the option to dismiss and recall it when needed.

The scrolling text at the top of the screen was only seen when reading the first post of a topic or the top of a subsequent page, therefore far less intrusive, you didn't need to get rid of it as most of the time when reading a topic you didn't see it, this thing is there all the time. I for one would like to dismiss it and not have the option of recalling it.

No, seriously, please ditch the toolbar. I have never and will never ever read a Twitter post. I once joined Facebook, had 150 friend requests including a girl who thought I migh be her father, So never going back to Facebook, ever. Ditch it, please!

Daddy?

aaarrrggghhh!!! can there possibly BE any more bells & whistles and garbage on this site?

the page already doesn't open properly 50% of the time and NOW you're adding more sh_t to

the mix! we shouldn't have to MINIMIZE the stupid toolbar! oh well,off to the OTHER forums. :lol:

Most websites ask you if you want a toolbar added. It is in the wrong place in my opinion, the bottom of the page is close to the tabs at the bottom for other programs, if anywhere at the top again and maybe make it move with the page so it is always at the top of the readers page, even if they are reading the last post

how typical, the voices of the masses are ignored, and the idiodic "tool bar" remains. maybe

if members had a "choice" of whether or not they wanted the intrusive item it wouldn't be

so offensive. also among the list of recent ill-conceived ideas is that separate frame on

the right of the page for twitter/facebook whatever. it rarely opens properly ( not today)

just another annoyance that makes accessing the forum so difficult and why people are leaving.

the idiodic "tool bar" remains. maybe if members had a "choice" of whether or not they wanted the intrusive item it wouldn't be so offensive.

Is it still intrusive and offensive when minimised? I minimised it on my computer a couple of days ago and have pretty much forgotten about it now. You should try doing the same (click the down arrow on the far right of the bar).

A reminder to members of the following forum rule.

11) Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed.

Posts removed commenting on methods to block ads and their replies. As has been mentioned, this is only a trial and member feedback will be taken into account.

Glad to here that members feedback is noted. :)

post-64834-0-28991400-1305458183_thumb.j

TV Feedback Dept.

In LOS l read lots of stuff from all over the world, noooooooooo problem but when l load Tv loads of hassle. Today no page load on something l want to read :o, why, I am no PC guru but surely loads of extra crap and ads are slowing or making a problem. ;)

Not sure if this is related to the toolbar issue or not but I observed it on the same day the toolbar showed up.

The button "Watch Topic" no longer changes into "Stop Watching Topic" after I've subscribed to the topic. Notifications etc. all is working fine but now I have to run through the subscribed topics in order to unsubscribe from it. The "Stop Watching Topic" button was very convenient.

This is not a big issue, just a hassle to unsubscribe.

Why has no Poll been opened to get members comments on the Toolbar, surely you want to gauge how it is working or appealing to your members.

It seems you have more negative than positive comments, but if you opened a poll maybe you would get some comments.

think I might open it up myself

agreed get rid of the tool bar, it is causing my computer to close windows as it thinks it is a virus and as i did not request or approve a tool bar it is a virus. :angry:

Yep, l have had unexplained probs lately. ;)

We listen to you guys, the toolbar has been removed. Thanks for your feedback!

Oh great... :angry:

Now what am I supposed to do with all this torches and pitch-forks.

Seriously, thank you for listening.

I think there must be a fine line between providing utilities and ads on a web page, to maximize users and revenue and to go over the top and start losing them. I could make an example with Photobucket, a picture hosting provider. I used it a for a few years and it was just fine, I didn't mind the ads in all pages because they serve to finance the hosting services and were not obtrusive. One day I go in my photo albums to check something and a loud, awful music starts playing, there was an animated, tacky ad that started on its own; next to it another add with a ehh... provocative 3D female cleavage (not that I'm prudish but I don't want to explain such things to the Ms.) Then and there I blocked all ads on that website, they went too far, to me that was user abuse; I actually began looking for a new image hosting provider but I haven't got around setting up an account yet.

We saw this already, it was called the mid to late 90s, when websites started to become more and more bloated and gaudy, it was the pop-up epidemic, users began to block pop-ups that impacted revenue for dot.com companies... and you know what happened with those. Granted abusive web design wasn't the only cause of the dot.com bubble burst, but I think it may have had a part in it.