Bredbury Blue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Bo

Can we start a Man City in Decline thread?, whoops sorry, they have been for 31 years :D

:o:D

Not seen you around for ages jjp.

As for city in decline. Well i cannot remember ever having a better start to a season than this one. So i would suggest we are not in decline but building a new team. That also beat you lot, which have had years to gel, a couple of months. :D

• 1 year later...
Over a year since we let this thread go, it was my favourite too..............! :D

Doesn't time fly Red.

You must have Declined already, that's why no one has posted for a year :o

I know mate, the decline to Champions of England and Champions of Europe in the time since was tough but, we coped....!

:D

redrus

I think we should have a Spurs in decline thread. :o

We'll have to change it to Arsenal for this season, or maybe North London.

The whole of N London sounds good to me, & long may it continue... :D

I was going to say Ciddy too but, after the Arsenal result I should probably wait till after the cup final at the weekend.... :D

redrus

• 6 months later...

It's all about how Fergie spends the $$..

The Signings of Benzema/Tevez possibly/Valencia & Ribery would see the Club in anything but decline & possibly in the best shape that i can remember with these Kids coming through too. :)

Bump.

An old favourite thread of mine..........and Redrus :)

Just remember to bump it again in April 2010, when we win the league yet again, and city has spent another 80 million, yet still sits comfortably mid table :D

Bump.

Just remember to bump it again in April 2010, when we win the league yet again, and city has spent another 80 million, yet still sits comfortably mid table :D

Sorry james but were does this word "another" 80mill come from :D

I would also have a wager, that City will finish no further than 4 places off United this year. :D

Edited by mrbojangles

^^ Can't help feeling it a tad premature to be making predictions before you even know what your squad will be. Or is it a prediction simply based on hope? :)

Its a prediction based on were I think we are heading, following last years performance and the areas that i reckon we will improve. Oh.............and like any predidiction, it's also based on hope :D

Bump.

Love ya mate.....x :D

Word from sources, " you ain't seen me right", say that Fergie is not just being given the green light to spend the 80 mill 'being thee reason he "Ronaldo" was allowed to go' but, that Fergie is being given another 20 mill on top.....!!!!!

Contrary to belief in Boro, we are not buying Newcastle "just fort laugh".....!!!!!

redrus

^^ Can't help feeling it a tad premature to be making predictions before you even know what your squad will be. Or is it a prediction simply based on hope? :D

Its a prediction based on were I think we are heading, following last years performance and the areas that i reckon we will improve. Oh.............and like any Ciddy predidiction, it's also based on Dope :D

:)

redrus

What do other supporters, who haven't been brought up in Manchester as a City fan with an inbred aversion / hate of ManU like myself, (a) think of ManU and ( :) do you think they are in decline and © what do you think the next 10 years holds for them?

10 months never mind 10 years nobody can say in the sky era but it was clear the magician ronaldo had his mind on other things .

we were fortunate to see the worlds number one talent mushroom and it is true to say that his emergence stopped chelseas dominance in it's tracks - to great relief of fans worldwide .

he departs a legend at only 24 - what a player .

only a fool should estimate the decline of man. u .

taxi to old trafford for senor torres ?

Edited by khunhappy

What do other supporters, who haven't been brought up in Manchester as a City fan with an inbred aversion / hate of ManU like myself, (a) think of ManU and ( :) do you think they are in decline and © what do you think the next 10 years holds for them?

10 months never mind 10 years nobody can say in the sky era but it was clear the magician ronaldo had his mind on other things .

we were fortunate to see the worlds number one talent mushroom and it is true to say that his emergence stopped chelseas dominance in it's tracks - to great relief of fans worldwide .

Legend, my arse.....!!!

Great player for a few years, yes, Denis Law, he is not.....! Get a grip people, 80 mill in the bank with 20 mill more, = 100 mill to spend....................

Happy days.....!!!!!

redrus

He is not a Legend - Legends are players like Ryan Giggs, Bryan Robson, Denis Law, Bobby Charlton etc, etc. Players that played for the club and not themselves. Players that had loyalty. Players that didn't agitate for a move to another club.

He's had some great seasons, and I've enjoyed his performance, but legend he is not, and traitor he is (and now he can join that other whinging ex Man U player Heinze).

As for Torres to United, as great as it would be, it just ain't gonna happen.

He is not a Legend - Legends are players like Ryan Giggs, Bryan Robson, Denis Law, Bobby Charlton etc, etc. Players that played for the club and not themselves. Players that had loyalty. Players that didn't agitate for a move to another club.

He's had some great seasons, and I've enjoyed his performance, but legend he is not, and traitor he is (and now he can join that other whinging ex Man U player Heinze).

100% agree with the post

good post. i tend to agree that players who have actively sought to leave the club for their own selfish reasons can never really be regarded as 'legends'. we have one exception at our place which is kevin keegan, but it's definitely the reason that players like mcmanaman and owen are not very well regarded.

Yep, good post Toady. Totally agree.

With regards Torres, even if it was possible to steal him from under those scousers' noses, i wouldn't want him. As great as he is, he's too injury prone. Nothing worse than having one of the best players in the world, and not be able to play him. Better to get someone with a bit less magic but who you can rely on to give you 50 or 60 games a season.

If there's anyone worth stealing from Liverpool it's the captain and we know that ain't happen - more's the pity!!!

Yep, good post Toady. Totally agree.

With regards Torres, even if it was possible to steal him from under those scousers' noses, i wouldn't want him. As great as he is, he's too injury prone. Nothing worse than having one of the best players in the world, and not be able to play him. Better to get someone with a bit less magic but who you can rely on to give you 50 or 60 games a season.

If there's anyone worth stealing from Liverpool it's the captain and we know that ain't happen - more's the pity!!!

Bwahahaha Could you imagine it if they did though ?? Bwahahahahaha :)

. Better to get someone with a bit less magic but who you can rely on to give you 50 or 60 games a season.

Tevez, but for some reason old red nose didnt want to play him. I just hope we buy him.

And Alex, are you honestly saying you wouldnt want Torres??????

The guy is pure class. I think that given a good rest this summer, he will be the Leagues top scorer next season. Of course Liverpool would never let him go, but I really do think he is the complete player.

And Alex, are you honestly saying you wouldnt want Torres??????

The guy is pure class. I think that given a good rest this summer, he will be the Leagues top scorer next season. Of course Liverpool would never let him go, but I really do think he is the complete player.

I concur jack. And the lads attitude is outstanding. Unlike Ronaldo, Torres is the complete role model for the youngsters.