ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

We will see, if even if we are doomed and end up in the 2nd division again i will be still there as i was in 75, hardly missed a game that season and loved it as much as our 12 premier league titles since.wai.gif

And you were just one of many nev, even during that season in Div 2 we were still the best supported club in the land. Higher attendances for the season than every one of the first division teams.clap2.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

better than living in a council house

You obviously know nothing about the financial structure and the purchase nev.

Enlighten me the mate.smile.png

Sport England put up the 90m pounds to build the stadium whicj came from the lottery grants. Both Man City and the Council put up circa 20m pounds each to remove the running track and turn it into a Football Stadium. As part of the agreement, we then only pay the council a small % of gate receipts for attendances over 32,000. Here's the good bit, as part of the agreement with Sport England, all of the money the council receives has to be put back into the sports facilities. We also give 2m per year for the full control over naming rights, which we received about 350m.

Not even taking into account what we are putting into the 80 acre site, if in your opinion that consitutes "living in a council house", then you are deluded.

Sport England put up the 90m pounds to build the stadium whicj came from the lottery grants. Both Man City and the Council put up circa 20m pounds each to remove the running track and turn it into a Football Stadium. As part of the agreement, we then only pay the council a small % of gate receipts for attendances over 32,000. Here's the good bit, as part of the agreement with Sport England, all of the money the council receives has to be put back into the sports facilities. We also give 2m per year for the full control over naming rights, which we received about 350m.

Not even taking into account what we are putting into the 80 acre site, if in your opinion that consitutes "living in a council house", then you are deluded.

Well do you own the ground, yes or no will suffice.biggrin.png

City and United have just jointly funded the Lancashire Youth Cricket facility in Stretford for 3 years as well so hats off there to BOTH clubs for putting something back....

For some odd reason though they sent the Toure brothers and Javier Hernandez (all from Cricket mad nations) to visit an open day....there's video of Yaya trying to bowl on Youtube somewhere....oh dear...

Well do you own the ground, yes or no will suffice.biggrin.png

Do you OWN your ground? Yes or no will also suffice biggrin.png

City and United have just jointly funded the Lancashire Youth Cricket facility in Stretford for 3 years as well so hats off there to BOTH clubs for putting something back....

For some odd reason though they sent the Toure brothers and Javier Hernandez (all from Cricket mad nations) to visit an open day....there's video of Yaya trying to bowl on Youtube somewhere....oh dear...

Was he has bad bowling as trying to kick with his left foot biggrin.png

I'm not throwing one in here but i reckon this will be a very active thread this coming season. I also think Fergusons big red nose might explode like a giant tomato at some stage in the season because its looking huuuuuuuuge!

Spending £20m doesn't mean you've bought the place, and it doesn't stop you being a tenant. If you live in a council house it doesn't matter how much money you spend doing the garden up or redecorating you're still a tenant living in a council house. In fact keeping the place up to scratch is usually part of the tenancy agreementsmile.png.

As for the naming rights, that shows just how much contempt your sugar daddy has for UEFA and the EPL. When, after spending so much money, he looks like falling foul of the UEFA financial restraints he gives his half brother at Etihad 400 million quid to buy the naming rights to the ground. That's well over double the naming rights cost of any other stadium anywhere in the world. Either they wrote the four on the cheque by mistake or they're just sticking two fingers up to the rules.

Edited by sumrit

Touchy on here aren't they? biggrin.png

I know. They'll be telling us soon that they are from Manchester biggrin.png

What...........you mean like your sugar daddy???????????whistling.gif

Some football clubs are global, and have been for a long, long time...........WHILE OTHERS ARE JUST TRYING TO CATCH UPbiggrin.png

Some football clubs are global, and have been for a long, long time...........WHILE OTHERS ARE JUST TRYING TO CATCH UPbiggrin.png

I'm on about the supporters not the owners. Just think, if like Rangers you go bust, at least you can come back with a real name like Trafford United or Greater Manchester United biggrin.png

Listen you are never going to stop the rot at Utd by getting involved in petty arguements with the premier league champions! They have moved light years ahead whilst your owners have been helping themselves to the profits.

Focus on what to do about the almighty decline that will happen when Ferguson hangs his nose up.

Listen you are never going to stop the rot at Utd by getting involved in petty arguements with the premier league champions! They have moved light years ahead whilst your owners have been helping themselves to the profits.

Focus on what to do about the almighty decline that will happen when Ferguson hangs his nose up.

clap2.gifclap2.gifbiggrin.png

I'm on about the supporters not the owners. Just think, if like Rangers you go bust, at least you can come back with a real name like Trafford United or Greater Manchester United biggrin.png

Salford United. Then their "traditional" fan base living at the Quays can nibble on proper foccacia prawn sarnies and enjoy a nice latte whilst watching them draw with Grimsby or Huddersfield.

"The future is red faces all round".

Listen you are never going to stop the rot at Utd by getting involved in petty arguements with the premier league champions! They have tried to moved light years ahead (with the aid of their sugar daddy and his half brother) whilst your owners have been helping themselves to the profits.

Carmine Spurs haven't even reached catch up mode yetwhistling.gif

As for the rot setting in, at Spurs you've had plenty of experience of that over the years haven't youbiggrin.png

Glad to see you're saying Man U will remain No.1 with SAF in charge. Man U have just completed TWENTY YEARS where their record has been consistently better than any club in England has ever achieved. Even Liverpool's best twenty years, covering the 70's and 80's, can't get anywhere near Man U's record. Even IF we decline when SAF retires in say two years for any other club to beat that achievement they would have to improve on that record each and every year for twenty three years.

And at my age I'll be long dead by then so I can safely say I won't see any body beat Man U's record.clap2.gif

That a serious point!!

Unlike the Liverpool in the past, their so-called 'boot room' where it produced several managers who were all nurtured from the original influence of Bill Shankly.... who do United have? They let the only decent guy go, Portugese chappie, Queresmo or something like that. Who else? Is Mike Phelan still there?laugh.png

Its the end of an era soon!! No money, no continuation, Whoever the manager is, will always be compared with red nose... losing battle!!

How long before we see Scunthorpe United 1 Manchester United 0cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeah, we'd originally thought of calling ourselves Manchester City instead of Newton Heath but the clairvoyants just pissed themselves laughing cheesy.gif

Whoever the manager is, will always be compared with red nose... losing battle!!

And that's why I think they will struggle to get a big name. Of course they will get a manager who is out of work but not a Manager who is at a top club. If he wins, everyone will say "so he should, fergie did". And if they lose, will be compared to fergie again.

And who do city have coming through the boot room as you put it?.

You won the league fair play, but not before spending nearly a billion to do so,we had the worst injury record for a long while 14 players out, you had a injury free season in comparison and guess what you pipped us on goal difference, we have strengthened our squad will have key players coming back, as far as city goes who have you bought? is FFP kicking in? you have so many hanger on players you have to off load who you cannot move due to paying over inflated wages.

Don't worry about us we will be up there come end of this season.

And as for predicting our decline, now how many years has it been predicted now? And also when fergie goes we might even improve.

When you lot stop talking and being obsessed about us we will start to worry.

I actually think we are in good shape as a team, just have the leach owners to get rid of so we can invest more in the squad again.

I see you've just let another one of your young talents go.

And as for predicting our decline, now how many years has it been predicted now? And also when fergie goes we might even improve.

That was because Fergie was due to retire but decided to carry on. I really doubt you will improve when he goes, you will probably implode. Let's face it, as you stated you did really well this season even with the injuries but that is all down to fergie getting 150% out of the players week in, week out. No other manager will have the impact he does.

I'm not the one mentioning you lot in my sig. I think it be you who is obsessed with us. wink.png

I see you've just let another one of your young talents go.

That was because Fergie was due to retire but decided to carry on. I really doubt you will improve when he goes, you will probably implode. Let's face it, as you stated you did really well this season even with the injuries but that is all down to fergie getting 150% out of the players week in, week out. No other manager will have the impact he does.

I'm not the one mentioning you lot in my sig. I think it be you who is obsessed with us. wink.png

Talent we have let go have been replaced powell in and another oner from exeter called Goss attacking midfielder who by all accounts looks promising, Morrison was a problem Fergie gave him enough chances so WHU he heads off to has anyone heard from him yet? Pogba has had is agent in his ear to try to get higher wages so wants more so good riddance and he was given 3 outing last season failed to impress the other fryers not good enough

We will see what happens when fergie goes, but one thing for sure we will be in good shape when he does leave,

As for my sig still annoys you hey tongue.png

Nope, It's just who said we were obsessed with your lot but it's you who is obsessed enough to name us in your sig. wink.png

As for the young ones. I've seen lots of comments by united fans slagging off united for letting some go, especially Fryers. Tottenham will only have to pay a compensation fee which usually ends up being peanuts in comparison to worth.

Does anyone else find it strange that Ferguson would offer a new contract to Freyers, a 19 year old that Nev claims wasn't good enough?

Sorry but from a mate who works at Carringtton A young lad called Blackett is the better prospect, and Fryers was offer 2000quid a week which he did not expect, 20,000 spurs are reported to be paying him, for a 20 year old the world has gone mad.

Nope, It's just who said we were obsessed with your lot but it's you who is obsessed enough to name us in your sig. wink.png

As for the young ones. I've seen lots of comments by united fans slagging off united for letting some go, especially Fryers. Tottenham will only have to pay a compensation fee which usually ends up being peanuts in comparison to worth.

Its not obsession its called banterwink.png

There is report that spurs will pay 2mill compo, and 20k per week, as i stated Fergie is reported to stat that Blackett is the better prospect hence letting fryers go, good look to the lad hope he does well at spurs.

Does anyone else find it strange that Ferguson would offer a new contract to Freyers, a 19 year old that Nev claims wasn't good enough?

Sorry but from a mate who works at Carringtton A young lad called Blackett is the better prospect, and Fryers was offer 2000quid a week which he did not expect, 20,000 spurs are reported to be paying him, for a 20 year old the world has gone mad.

Oh boy you guys must be crazy.

How can someone live on 2000 quid a week. How can he even afford to make it into train each day.

City pay players 90000 quid a week to go out on loan to play in the Championship. No wonder they win the Premiership.

Oh boy you guys must be crazy.

How can someone live on 2000 quid a week. How can he even afford to make it into train each day.

City pay players 90000 quid a week to go out on loan to play in the Championship. No wonder they win the Premiership.

Yes i agree mad isn't it, a 19 old Apprentice not happy to be on 2000 quid a week biggrin.png United have a pay structure i am sure if he gets in the 1st team squad he would get more but he was a fringe player.

Are you on about Bridge a very average player on 90000 quid a week that no one wants, city did not win the league on goal difference just because they can afford to waste money on the likes of himclap2.gif