Israel rejects U.S. call for 1967 borders

News_Editor

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent videos that tell it like it is. That deceitful hypocrite Obama has to go. :thumbsup:

The sooner the better, he's even worse than the peanut farmer. :annoyed:

I didn't think anybody could be worse than Carter. I was wrong.

Obama has taken incompetence to a new level.

Further unnecessarily negative comments about the U.S. President will get your post deleted. Comments on the policies and the borders are the topic of this thread.

After receiving a PM from a poster, I will clarify the above post. You are free to criticize Obama with regard to his policy regarding Israel and the border situation.

Further comparisons of who was the worst president are off-topic as are some other comments. Let's stick to the topic of the OP.

• 1 month later...
President Barack Obama has wrung a big concession from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who has essentially agreed to accept the 1967 borders as a starting point for peace talks with the Palestinians, according to an Israeli TV report on Monday.

The decision by Netanyahu represents a dramatic policy shift for the Israeli prime minister who was incensed in May when Obama publicly proposed that the 1967 borders be the basis for negotiations with the Palestinians.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60429.html#ixzz1TpE7ovpW

The arc of history is long but it bends towards justice!

:):thumbsup::clap2:

And that UN vote next month was certainly a factor too. ;)

Edited by up-country_sinclair

I have feeling that Israel will point out that the land they took was not owned by the "Palestinians" in the first place. :whistling:

Which is why Israel is against the UN recognising Palestine. If they did then Israel would find it more difficult to continue their expansionism by taking what isn't theirs and then saying 'well it isn't theirs either'.

It is simply not Israel's to take or decide who should have it. Using your logic, Israel couldn't complain if another country walked in and took whatever land Israel has stolen over the last few years. It isn't Israel's land either.

Edited by Wallaby

As Netanyahu told a joint meeting of Congress, "It is time for President Abbas to stand before his people and say... 'I will accept a Jewish state."

Those six words will change history.

Abbas is no Sadat imho, besides which Hamas will not be a party to any such declaration. I also suspect the roof is about to fall in on Obama who will be too busy fire fighting at home to concentrate much on foreign policy issues, still it is in Netanyahu's interests to make some conciliatory noises to make it easier for the U.S to veto stop Abbas going to the UN in September.

Tough love.

The usual supporters of "Israel right or wrong" will of course be having conniptions.

The American people are ready to endorse this strategy. Not one American who I have spoken to in person about this issue will have a problem with this.

How many of the Americans you spoke with have actually been to Israel/Palastine?

Easy to back an idea when you don't have to deal with the consequences isn't it?

I have feeling that Israel will point out that the land they took was not owned by the "Palestinians" in the first place. :whistling:

Which is why Israel is against the UN recognising Palestine. If they did then Israel would find it more difficult to continue their expansionism by taking what isn't theirs and then saying 'well it isn't theirs either'.

It is simply not Israel's to take or decide who should have it. Using your logic, Israel couldn't complain if another country walked in and took whatever land Israel has stolen over the last few years. It isn't Israel's land either.

Archiologists may disagree with you... but hey, that's ancient history isn't it?

Intolerance and arrogance are endemic throughout the Arab world, which has had, and continues to have, a profoundly adverse impact on Israel and the peace process. Every sensible person knows that peace requires respect of human rights for all individuals. Just look at the thriving communities in Judea and Samaria, they are harbingers of peace. If the Palestinian Arab residents of this region could accept and respect their Jewish neighbours, as they are accepted and respected Arab citizens of Israel, then there will be peace. But, if the Palestinians continue refusing to recognise the fundamental human rights of their Jewish neighbours, there will be no peace.

Edited by uptheos

As usual, you ignore the fact that Israel was the country that was declared war on, not the other way around.

You also ignore the fact that these countries would "walk in" and take all of Israel if the were capable of it, but they keep getting their butts whipped.

You also ignore the fact that these countries would "walk in" and take all of Israel if the were capable of it, but they keep getting their butts whipped.

It gets boring watching little old Israel fend off the entire middle east and kicking their butts in the bargain. rolleyes.gif