Am I Just A Loser Here?

cheynewalk

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sounds like you will never be satisfied, maybe go back to being a looser in the west like many of the rest of them, winning is not always measured by wealth but by richness in life but thats what you are in your Self not your wallet.

My in-law in Norway have a regular job, regular house and two cars. My sister is home with two children. I wonder if he's a loser who sit to wonder how much money he'll give my sisters every months. And Norway is 10 times more expensiv than Thailand.

but he is fulfilling his "cultural duties" in Norway :whistling:

viking_bothering_horns_473155.jpg

O Lord this thread has gone on to long

The thread just started! Anyway, of course most "winners" (not all) have better things to do that post on ThaiVisa. Most winners, in fact, do not retire in Thailand or have much to do with Thailand other than the occasional visit. There are so many places to be that are better than Thailand. I think most posters are a bit bored. I post on ThaiVisa when I am "between jobs" and waiting to move. I can't wait to leave this horrible, corrupt -to-the-core country. Yes, I know, "do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." :) The good news, for some posters, is that after I leave I stop posting because I am usually in a better place with better things to do.

Nobody can answer this question for you,although many here are arrogant enough to think they can.

Loser has many meanings for different people,and can't be written off with a catchall, glib, put down answer.

What you lost,or what you failed to gain, the realisation of your own personal criteria of success and happiness?

Only you can find the true answer!

Guess you are one of the arrogant too ???

Yes sounds like you will never be satisfied, maybe go back to being a looser in the west like many of the rest of them, winning is not always measured by wealth but by richness in life but thats what you are in your Self not your wallet.

It seems if one goes back to the West one is classed a loser, it would also appear if one lives here one is a loser, beats me how can you win ????

It seems if one goes back to the West one is classed a loser, it would also appear if one lives here one is a loser, beats me how can you win ????

Go East ? Or North or South ?

My in-law in Norway have a regular job, regular house and two cars. My sister is home with two children. I wonder if he's a loser who sit to wonder how much money he'll give my sisters every months. And Norway is 10 times more expensiv than Thailand.

but he is fulfilling his "cultural duties" in Norway :whistling:

viking_bothering_horns_473155.jpg

Norway has been a multicultural country LOL :lol:

Most winners, in fact, do not retire in Thailand or have much to do with Thailand other than the occasional visit. There are so many places to be that are better than Thailand. I think most posters are a bit bored. I post on ThaiVisa when I am "between jobs" and waiting to move. I can't wait to leave this horrible, corrupt -to-the-core country. Yes, I know, "do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." :)

You are so right.

Most winners, in fact, do not retire in Thailand or have much to do with Thailand other than the occasional visit. There are so many places to be that are better than Thailand. I think most posters are a bit bored. I post on ThaiVisa when I am "between jobs" and waiting to move. I can't wait to leave this horrible, corrupt -to-the-core country. Yes, I know, "do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." :)

You are so right.

Not really though is he.

Yes, its corrupt to the core and i don't like this aspect either. But horrible, no way although you are entitled to your opinion ofcourse. If you've actually travelled around the country (and i bet you have'nt) it really is a lovely place. As are the people although i do concede this can change for the worse in some of the touristy areas where there is a definable xenophobia. However, in terms of the nation as a whole i think its a relatively small percentage. They put up with us quite happily if we spend and behave ourselves.

There are other places i would prefer to live and will in the near future, but Thailand, horrible, no way, and i reckon it still stacks up fairly well against most places.

Most winners, in fact, do not retire in Thailand or have much to do with Thailand other than the occasional visit. There are so many places to be that are better than Thailand. I think most posters are a bit bored. I post on ThaiVisa when I am "between jobs" and waiting to move. I can't wait to leave this horrible, corrupt -to-the-core country. Yes, I know, "do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

You are so right.

Right about the door, but little else. :D

Well said.... More a question of Horses for courses.

jb1

Everybody's a loser. What we lose varies from one to the other...

Anyway, if you can have a laugh and sleep easy at night , there's not many blokes anywyhere better off than you, regardless of the price.

SC

Wisdom.

Wisdom no, just personal opinon yes. You are only a loser if you think and believe so. Then your life will reflect what you believe and think. If you had to ask I think Ian hit the nail on the head.

No, it's beyond personal opinion and deeper into perspective and also spot on.. Loser is merely a label and he has reduced it to such without elevating one over the other.. Well stated Cowboy..

OK, maybe horrible is too strong. But, your guess about my personal travel habits is totally wrong. I have been here for decades and have seen all of Thailand more than once. We do agree that the country is corrupt to the core. We disagree about the people. I find the majority (not all of course) of Thai people to be among the worst I have ever encountered on planet earth. The smile is only at the surface. We do agree about xenophobia. It is strong here. We disagree about the percentage. I think 99% are xenophobic. But we can agree to agree and agree to disagree. Each path in life is different.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

The thread just started! Anyway, of course most "winners" (not all) have better things to do that post on ThaiVisa. Most winners, in fact, do not retire in Thailand or have much to do with Thailand other than the occasional visit. There are so many places to be that are better than Thailand. I think most posters are a bit bored. I post on ThaiVisa when I am "between jobs" and waiting to move. I can't wait to leave this horrible, corrupt -to-the-core country. Yes, I know, "do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." :) The good news, for some posters, is that after I leave I stop posting because I am usually in a better place with better things to do.

I post on ThaiVisa when I am "between jobs"

= clear evidence that you are a winner. it goes without saying that those of us who live since years a comfortable life in Thailand without the benefit of being "between jobs" are losers.

:lol:

by the way, winners don't wait if they want to leave a horrible corrupt country and winners are never "between jobs". real winners have either enough money that they don't need a job or they have several jobs waiting for them.

By the way where can you get the best bangers and mash in Bangkok and how much money I should give my thai girlfiriend every month?

we'll not answer your question unless you show us a picture of your girlfriend! :ermm:

I think it depends how you look at it. You are not a loser for taking the leap into a country with a great climate, good exchange rate and far more relaxed way of life (I presume you are from the UK?).

If however you sit on this message board whining and acting 'mad at life' as a lot of people on here do, or, you let your Thai girlfriend and her family bitch you out all day and take all your money so you spend all your time getting pissed on cheap beer outside the local mini-mart, then yes, you are a loser.

I think as long as you came to the country for the right reason ie: for a better quality of life and you are ensuring you are getting that its all good.

If however you sit on this message board whining and acting 'mad at life' as a lot of people on here do, or, you let your Thai girlfriend and her family bitch you out all day and take all your money so you spend all your time getting pissed on cheap beer outside the local mini-mart, then yes, you are a loser.

I think as long as you came to the country for the right reason ie: for a better quality of life and you are ensuring you are getting that its all good.

More good sense.

Nobody can answer this question for you,although many here are arrogant enough to think they can.

Loser has many meanings for different people,and can't be written off with a catchall, glib, put down answer.

What you lost,or what you failed to gain, the realisation of your own personal criteria of success and happiness?

Only you can find the true answer!

Guess you are one of the arrogant too ???

Guess you didn't read the reply careful enough.

Edited by MAJIC

By the way where can you get the best bangers and mash in Bangkok and how much money I should give my thai girlfiriend every month?

Donot know about the bangers and mash(maybe checkers soi4) but give the girlfriend as much as she wants, donot be cheap charlie.

I have come to the conclusion that I am a loser. I like Thailand to mut. Yes I am a loser I find it hard to find something wrong about my life in Thailand to bitch about. Yes I am a loser because I find it hard to find anything to bitch about. Isn't life grand.