Time Shares

Carmine,

ESB7's comment regarding expats with Thai wifes and kids was in response to your claim that the street guys were gap year students. I can only confirm that I know a few guys who do this street work and do have Thai wife and kids. This has nothing to do with the discussion about them being legal or not.

Over the eyars I've met a few people who worked in various capacities in time share. I'm not a fan and especially the high pressure sales pitch with having to close the deal right there and than works totally against them and completely undermines ESB7's statement that there must be a demand. It's not a demand it's more like fooling the 'unknowing victim' in a high pressure sale with no time to consider or think about the sale.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carmine,

ESB7's comment regarding expats with Thai wifes and kids was in response to your claim that the street guys were gap year students. I can only confirm that I know a few guys who do this street work and do have Thai wife and kids. This has nothing to do with the discussion about them being legal or not.

Over the eyars I've met a few people who worked in various capacities in time share. I'm not a fan and especially the high pressure sales pitch with having to close the deal right there and than works totally against them and completely undermines ESB7's statement that there must be a demand. It's not a demand it's more like fooling the 'unknowing victim' in a high pressure sale with no time to consider or think about the sale.

I know he did and i think the way he said it was also trying to legitimise the touts because they were "expats with families and kids," when infact that does'nt make a shread of difference

Carmine,

I know he did and i think the way he said it was also trying to legitimise the touts because they were "expats with families and kids," when infact that does'nt make a shread of difference

They all have work permits but you cant comprehend that fact...........you have selective hearing and only hear what you want to hear

It really is a sore topic with some, can see the amount of posts already.......in reality, anyone with a business should embrace timeshare, it brings repeat customers to the island...also if you have a good business the staff will recommend to the customers your business, whereas if you go peeing them off they wont..........ask the Thais what they think, many are very happy with the work and business it brings to the island........

Embrace me!

Repeat me!

Recommend me!

Ask the Thais what they think about timeshare . . . . . . : :unsure:ask the thais who work for these outfits and make 3x thai wage

Ask the Thais what they think about the kids with piercings who are not 'working' here and who are not 'employed' pushing timeshare :huh: same as all the sextourists they dont care

Ask the Thais exactly what timeshare has ever done for them :huh:billions in thai baht to thai landowners

As the Thais - 'What is timeshare?' :huh:whats the capital of brazil they dont care

Lets go ask some Thais!

R

rob ritz calton have one in krabi,marriotts have about 5 and building more,they also gave over a million usd in aid when clinton and bush stayed at marriotts timeshare resort in phucket after the bigwave hit,westins have a 6 resorts you can stay in thailand banyan tree cost 150,000 usd to join have 2 in thailand ,hilton have timeshare,rainmanland are getting in on the game also ,alot of multi national companies are building in thailand,using thai builders,staff to work in all these resorts,getting suppies food produce,multi services ie telephones,internet, carpets lien and thousands of tourists who spend millions of baht.

ever watch the life of brian,what the romans ever do for us.lol we dont like the kids on the streets but timeshare has brought billions of baht in to thailand and will in the future,im a member of westins holiday club and worth every penny,i got it free not on a scratch card

Well done! I'm sorry about your scratch card - but to make up for it you have been nominated for the "one-hundred-and-fifty-three-word-sentence" award No mean feat. I know how hard it is to go that long without one capital letter. (It's the little up-pointing arrow on the Left side of the keyboard that makes them big or little ...)

Read my posts.

Timeshare is fine. You're squittering against the wrong tree.

Very few people here are actually angry about timeshare per se. They are irritated and offended by the moronic grinning grungy kids that all giggle inanely in the background while one of their retarded number tries to be chummy and swaggery and swankey in his disguise as a derelict teenage beachbum. The last time I was hassled by one of these retards he kept referring to "Peninsular" and "Central" without even knowing that the names had been changed to Q Signature and Centara Grand.The dummy couldn't even get the names of the resorts right - he was probably working from an old set of training primers. These are the itinerant low-lifes who are passing through in everybody's face and working illegally and who totally piss everyone off. Without these excremental individuals the Beach Road would be a pleasant place, with only the TAXI TAXI toot toot parade to distract us from our musings . . . and the Thai boxing vans. And the Black Moon Party vans ... and the ice bar vans . .

R

I'm beginning to think that ESB7 actually do believe in all these crap which has been brainwashed into his mind. Obvious clue is also how he is wasting his time in trying to persuade people who knows very well (more than him obviously) what the time share biz is all about.

He'd be the perfect candidate to be my downline in amway, nuskin, herbalife etc..

I'd drill him into doing the initial talking and feed potential "distributors" *chough* *suckers* *chough* to me to close the deal... hmm... that didn't sound so much different than what he's doing now.

Perhap ESB7 can post some case studies here. Hard to imagine such a ridiculous statement as there being a demand for Timeshare.

If those cockroaches stopped hassling people on the streets tomorrow, there would not be a single tourist on Samui asking for it.

I know some of the salesmen from the early days. Some were former backpackers. Now the detritus looks to have been exported directly from the Costas. Real lowlife. There is no value in those Timeshare deals, whatever ESB7 would have us believe.

If there is no value...please post a few prices and what you receive for it?????..and let others judge if its good value

I have already written that I knew some of the salesmen. I asked him in detail about the packages. It would be cheaper to just book accommodation when and where you wanted to go, than to burden yourself with a useless timeshare.

Of course, they will gloss over that and the maintenance charges for when you actually want to use your supposedly paid for Timeshare, but telling you that not only can your recoup your initial outlay when you resell, but you can make a profit. Wow! Virtually free holiday accommodation and a profit when you sell up!

Of course it's a load of kaka. It's just a way of developers to obtain revenue from building that they cannot ordinarily occupy.

The only person who loses out is the Timeshare customer.

If the deals were so good they would sell themselves. They wouldn't need nasty underhand tactics in order to distribute their wares. Why don't we see Timeshare commercials on the TV or in the newspapers? I'll tell you why...because it's just a con.

They are all at it. Why wouldn't they? It brings them revenue they wouldn't otherwise obtain. But who is paying for it all? The gullible customer. Stay away from these parasites.

I have no idea what time share property cost on Samui but I'm assuming it would be cheaper than what a lot of foreigners do is buy a house and land legal or not then holiday in it for 4 weeks a year then let a maid take care for the next 48 weeks.

It really is a sore topic with some, can see the amount of posts already.......in reality, anyone with a business should embrace timeshare, it brings repeat customers to the island...also if you have a good business the staff will recommend to the customers your business, whereas if you go peeing them off they wont..........ask the Thais what they think, many are very happy with the work and business it brings to the island........

Embrace me!

Repeat me!

Recommend me!

Ask the Thais what they think about timeshare . . . . . . : :unsure:ask the thais who work for these outfits and make 3x thai wage

Ask the Thais what they think about the kids with piercings who are not 'working' here and who are not 'employed' pushing timeshare :huh: same as all the sextourists they dont care

Ask the Thais exactly what timeshare has ever done for them :huh:billions in thai baht to thai landowners

As the Thais - 'What is timeshare?' :huh:whats the capital of brazil they dont care

Lets go ask some Thais!

R

rob ritz calton have one in krabi,marriotts have about 5 and building more,they also gave over a million usd in aid when clinton and bush stayed at marriotts timeshare resort in phucket after the bigwave hit,westins have a 6 resorts you can stay in thailand banyan tree cost 150,000 usd to join have 2 in thailand ,hilton have timeshare,rainmanland are getting in on the game also ,alot of multi national companies are building in thailand,using thai builders,staff to work in all these resorts,getting suppies food produce,multi services ie telephones,internet, carpets lien and thousands of tourists who spend millions of baht.

ever watch the life of brian,what the romans ever do for us.lol we dont like the kids on the streets but timeshare has brought billions of baht in to thailand and will in the future,im a member of westins holiday club and worth every penny,i got it free not on a scratch card

Well done! I'm sorry about your scratch card - but to make up for it you have been nominated for the "one-hundred-and-fifty-three-word-sentence" award No mean feat. I know how hard it is to go that long without one capital letter. (It's the little up-pointing arrow on the Left side of the keyboard that makes them big or little ...)

Read my posts.

Timeshare is fine. You're squittering against the wrong tree.

Very few people here are actually angry about timeshare per se. They are irritated and offended by the moronic grinning grungy kids that all giggle inanely in the background while one of their retarded number tries to be chummy and swaggery and swankey in his disguise as a derelict teenage beachbum. The last time I was hassled by one of these retards he kept referring to "Peninsular" and "Central" without even knowing that the names had been changed to Q Signature and Centara Grand.The dummy couldn't even get the names of the resorts right - he was probably working from an old set of training primers. These are the itinerant low-lifes who are passing through in everybody's face and working illegally and who totally piss everyone off. Without these excremental individuals the Beach Road would be a pleasant place, with only the TAXI TAXI toot toot parade to distract us from our musings . . . and the Thai boxing vans. And the Black Moon Party vans ... and the ice bar vans . .

R

Another reference to working illegally....selective hearing/reading again.................all staff have valid work permits!!!!!!!!!!!!...

has there been any resolution to the question of whether or not timeshare is in fact legal here or not? to my knowledge it is no more legal than using a thai ltd co. to "buy" your house.

i cut my sales teeth in the timeshare business, roughly 25 years ago now. highly recommended course of action imo if you'd like to become a truly effective closer. no advantages to the sucker customer however as you've been singled out and worked over long before you scratch that ticket or walk in the door.

Another reference to working illegally....selective hearing/reading again.................all staff have valid work permits!!!!!!!!!!!!...

PHUKET GAZETTE:

ATONG: Shockwaves ran through the Patong end of Phuket’s timeshare industry yesterday after six men and two women were arrested following complaints from tourists.

Seven of the eight face expulsion from the country for working without work permits. The eighth is Thai.

Governor CEO Pongpayome Vasaputi said yesterday that the seven foreigners did not have work permits. They were named as Britons Robert Stedman, 50; Steven Peter Coster, 26; Kevin Michael Moss, 40; David Lee Homes, 26; and Denise Marie Mulvaney, 37; Maggi Antonio, 26, an Italian; and Alice Ruth Ne Arif, 30, an Indonesian.

The eighth person, Thanit Tantiwit, 35, owner of the business, was also arrested and fined 50,000 baht for assisting the illegal immigration of the seven to Thailand.

Pol Col Apirak Hongthong, Superintendent of Phuket Provincial Immigration Office, said officers went to the fifth floor of Patong Tower following complaints and took the seven foreigners to Kathu Police Station in Patong, where they were charged with working without work permits.

“We have fined them 5,000 baht each and they will soon be deported,” Col Apirak said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R

Another reference to working illegally.....baa...selective hearing/reading again........bleat.....baa....all staff have valid work permits!!!!!bleat!!!!!!!...

Timeshare staff arrested over work permits

Five of the seven timeshare company staff caught without work permits yesterday.

PATONG: Shockwaves ran through the Patong end of Phuket's timeshare industry yesterday after six men and two women were arrested following complaints from tourists.

Seven of the eight face expulsion from the country for working without work permits. The eighth is Thai.

Governor CEO Pongpayome Vasaputi said yesterday that the seven foreigners did not have work permits. They were named as Britons Robert Stedman, 50; Steven Peter Coster, 26; Kevin Michael Moss, 40; David Lee Homes, 26; and Denise Marie Mulvaney, 37; Maggi Antonio, 26, an Italian; and Alice Ruth Ne Arif, 30, an Indonesian.

The eighth person, Thanit Tantiwit, 35, owner of the business, was also arrested and fined 50,000 baht for assisting the illegal immigration of the seven to Thailand.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-06-02

post-4665-0-08502200-1307337277_thumb.jp

post-4665-0-71686500-1307338158_thumb.jp

Edited by Rooo
added source

Another reference to working illegally.....baa...selective hearing/reading again........bleat.....baa....all staff have valid work permits!!!!!bleat!!!!!!!...

Timeshare staff arrested over work permits

Five of the seven timeshare company staff caught without work permits yesterday.

PATONG: Shockwaves ran through the Patong end of Phuket's timeshare industry yesterday after six men and two women were arrested following complaints from tourists.

When was this, as you havnt posted a reference to refer to.....was it last week on Samui???

Or if it wasnt last week on Samui maybe it was almost 10 years ago on Phuket..............nothing like a ground breaking up to date news Flash to make a point :lol:

Really :cheesy:

And???....'clutching at straws' springs to mind....so bar owners, restaurant owners, tourists, expats...they are all bad because some take drugs........seems like there just isnt anything to back up the claims by certain TV members that the OPCs on Samui are working illegally..:D

So what is the job description and job location?

In work permit page 5: Job description

In work permit page 6: Locality permitted to work (Identify location)

In work permit page 6: Type of activity.

Or if it wasnt last week on Samui maybe it was almost 10 years ago on Phuket..............nothing like a ground breaking up to date news Flash to make a point :lol:

Really :cheesy:

http://www.thaivisa....imeshare-touts/

Yes Really

http://www.timeshare...ead&postID=4270

11/10/2002..............

Perhaps if you would have clicked on the link I gave you. I see as 2nd of June 2011.

Posted 2011-06-02 15:22:34 Phuket steps up fight against illegal timeshare touts

some posts deleted.

31) All members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from bangkokpost.com or phuketwan inside topics on thaivisa.com. Posts containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Links referring back to the sites are also not allowed and will be deleted.

some posts deleted.

31) All members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from bangkokpost.com or phuketwan inside topics on thaivisa.com. Posts containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Links referring back to the sites are also not allowed and will be deleted.

Thats convenient...discussion closed

some posts deleted.

What is convenient? It is a very clear rule not to post or quote the 2 news sources. Rules are not invented on the spot to fit or suit an argument.

So far you have evaded answering any questions re The Phuket Gazette article or any legalities re where payment is directed to.

some posts deleted.

What is convenient? It is a very clear rule not to post or quote the 2 news sources. Rules are not invented on the spot to fit or suit an argument.

So far you have evaded answering any questions re The Phuket Gazette article or any legalities re where payment is directed to.

I suggest you explain that to Rob as he is the one that posted it.................when someone can answer and prove that the OPCs do not have work permits and are working illegally it may be worth going on with this thread but until then it just isnt worth it as posters keep shying away from that or coming up with news that is 10 years old or totally irrelevent

I suggest you explain that to Rob as he is the one that posted it.................when someone can answer and prove that the OPCs do not have work permits and are working illegally it may be worth going on with this thread but until then it just isnt worth it as posters keep shying away from that or coming up with news that is 10 years old or totally irrelevent

The news is not 10 years old it happened this month , if you bother to open the link , it might become clearer. Also it wasn't Rob that posted the removed article :lol:. Anyway I won't bother anymore, since you clearly are evading giving any answers.

some posts deleted.

You're having another nightmare day today on here mate. :whistling:

what do you call a nightmare if it happens all day every day?

perhaps reincarnation does exist and if you have done something egregious, like say being a politician, then you must live your next life defending time share sales?