Ngo Salaries In Bangkok

Does anyone know of a general NGO salary range in Bangkok? It is a medium size European and US funded NGO and I would have a respectable mid-level position. I am coming from Europe but living seems quite a bit more expensive in Bangkok than I originally might have thought. I have accepted the offer and the employer is asking me to specify my salary requirements - unfortunately, they have already declined to provide a range. Would 150,000+ baht per month be out of turn? I am 40+ years old and will require fairly comfortable living arrangements - my own furnished flat - though I do not require a car.

The cost of living in Thailand, and especially Bangkok, has definately increased quite significantly over the past 5 to 10 years.

I would suggest you draw up a monthly budget (be generous) and see how it adds up.  Then base your salary requirements on your budget.  Don't forget to factor in the "companion".

Between rampant inflation and the lousy exchange rate, I am not too sure how much longer I can afford to stay here.  Fact is, now I could live much better back in the States than here, albeit without the pleasures of Thailand.

Food for thought:  Bangkok has been ranked as the second most expensive city in SE Asia.   Second only to Singapore.

150,000THB per month = 3,440EUR per month, or 41,280EUR per year, which you'll undoubtedly pay less tax on.

How does that compare to your European based salary, as living costs are probably similar?