Swedish National On Trial After Drugs Arrest In Thailand Last Year

webfact

Trial Begins Against Kim Roger Eriksson Sirawan

Today, June 14, the drug case against Kim Roger Eriksson Sirawan began at 10 o´clock in the Criminal Court Bangkok.

Mr. Eriksson Sirawan, a 30 year-old Swedish citizen living in Thailand, was last year in July arrested in the case. The Public Prosecutor is trying to prove that the Swede had manufactured 53 grams of methamphetamine, so called ´Ice´, and set up a laboratory facility in order to produce methamphetamine or ´Ice´ in his home in Rayong. If the court finds Mr. Eriksson Sirawan guilty as charged, death penalty or life time is a possible outcome.

Continued here:

Source: http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?news_id=8997&coun_code=se

-- scandasia.com 2011-06-14

footer_n.gif

Edited by sbk
edited for fair use

Sad scenes at the court I am sure.

14 month old baby, pissed off parents, disappointed wife, "thai lawyer"(defending you but needs interpreter), bored judge and all these for a lousy 53gms of ice and sweedish snitch?

Stay off drugs, and guns and marrying bar girls, at least while in Thailand

14 month old baby, pissed off parents, disappointed wife, "thai lawyer"(defending you but needs interpreter), bored judge and all these for a lousy 53gms of ice and sweedish snitch?

Or the flip side is "Show me how to make class A drugs in a country where they sentence you to death for doing it". Taking this into account do you think the guy is just plain dumb or as guilty as they come? I would go with the latter especially as he has countless other convictions for doing funny enough the same thing....

We're responsible for our actions, so he just has to pay for his crime.

He should have thought about his family before venturing into drug dealing / production.

It's very quiet in here. Is it because he's not a Nigerian or an Iranian?

Or the flip side is "Show me how to make class A drugs in a country where they sentence you to death for doing it". Taking this into account do you think the guy is just plain dumb or as guilty as they come? I would go with the latter especially as he has countless other convictions for doing funny enough the same thing....

Sorry not up to date on this; " countless other convictions for doing funny enough the same thing...." ? A quick TV search, this is just someone who has been drifting around the drugs subculture, prat idiot, call him what you will,someone who needed the assistance of a "undercover Swedish drugs chemist"...you not smelling a rat by now ? 53g of ice...100 cops in the raid, 1/2 gram per cop. That would tell anyone who knows anything about drug production in LOS or anywhere else that its a kitchen sink method using ingredients available for the most part in any pharmacy, or even 7-11.

Does help to take the focus of the countless meth labs that operate in industrial quantities with ingredients that are not bought from a pharmacy or 7-11 however and are not raided by 100's of cops.

Sorry not up to date on this; " countless other convictions for doing funny enough the same thing...." ? A quick TV search, this is just someone who has been drifting around the drugs subculture, prat idiot, call him what you will,someone who needed the assistance of a "undercover Swedish drugs chemist"...you not smelling a rat by now ? 53g of ice...100 cops in the raid, 1/2 gram per cop. That would tell anyone who knows anything about drug production in LOS or anywhere else that its a kitchen sink method using ingredients available for the most part in any pharmacy, or even 7-11.

Does help to take the focus of the countless meth labs that operate in industrial quantities with ingredients that are not bought from a pharmacy or 7-11 however and are not raided by 100's of cops.

OK so meth is bad, life sentence for producing Lemmy's weekly habit ?

I'm sorry but where he got the ingredients, how he produced it and in what quantity, and how many BIB were involved in the arrest are completely irrelevant to the charge. I also believe that he confessed with some lame excuse. Yes, he's an idiot, but gaols are full of them.

I'm sorry but where he got the ingredients, how he produced it and in what quantity, and how many BIB were involved in the arrest are completely irrelevant to the charge. I also believe that he confessed with some lame excuse. Yes, he's an idiot, but gaols are full of them.

Arrogance prevails in Thailand. And Buddha’s compassion can be found nowhere

We read about foreigners being busted for drugs almost daily but this is one of the first actual trials that I've seen publicized.

It's funny how when these guys are busted, it's always "Hang 'em" but when he's sitting at the dock with Mum and Dad and family, it's the big bad BiB must have "entrapped" the poor innocent baby.

As somebody else pointed out, if he were Nigerian or Iranian, there wouldn't be nearly as much sympathy.

The only people more foolish than those who get caught( and go to jail-it is huge error to think " do the 'crime do the time')

are those who enforce these impossible,unjust and totally failed law's and policy's.

I doubt this man will spend very long in jail. Here he will fine tune his ' skill's' make plenty of contact's and be returned to society a far more able criminal.

And who has to bear the cost's of making him a better criminal? The taxpayer.

I doubt this man will spend very long in jail. Here he will fine tune his ' skill's' make plenty of contact's and be returned to society a far more able criminal.

He 's facing 15 years to life so how you doubt he will not spend long time in jail?

He 's facing 15 years to life so how you doubt he will not spend long time in jail?

You think 15 to life? Sorry this guy will get life. Even if it was simple possession he would be looking at 20.

The amnesty in place around the world means he will do 4 years in Thailand if his sentence is less than life and 8 years if he gets life. Deported where he is 'expected' to serve half his sentence less time served.

I agree with an earlier posted this is the first time i can remember an actual trial being reported I wonder why this one?

^

I was being optimistic .

Technically you’re correct and having been caught with over 20 g (53g in this case) he would face life on a possession charge as well.

From 1.5 g – 20 g it would be 4 years to life and less than 1.5 g would be 1-10 years and/or a fine or both.

In the end it will be up to the judge who might or might not show some leniency.

Drug Case Against Kim Roger Eriksson Sirawan Postponed

Hope, fear, love and hope were all present during the day in the 7th floor courtroom on Ratchadapisek Road.

The drug case Thailand vs. Kim Roger Eriksson Sirawan, or prisoner no. 9041 as printed on his prison clothes, continued today, Friday 17 June 2011, in the Criminal Court Bangkok.

The day ended about 3 p.m. when the defense asked the court to postpone the trial.

Source: http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?news_id=9028&coun_code=se

-- scandasia.com 2011-06-18

footer_n.gif

Edited by sbk
edited for fair use

• 3 months later...

To bad so sad dumb as they come

I read the link about freeing Kim, not much info really just alligations he was set up. In the end why do you allow anyone to manufacture drugs in your house especially speed when there is a child present.

Edited by moe666

Arrogance prevails in Thailand. And Buddha’s compassion can be found nowhere

Compassion for what?

30yo tried to get through life using - prducing - selling drugs, easy life if you're not caught - he was, many falangs have got involved in the drugs scene to pay their way and been caught in thailand, I have no sympathy whatsoever, I've known a few of them and know of a few of them, they walk a dangerous path and eventually fall foul of their deeds, owning big houses driving big cars strutting around like kingpins until it all catches up on them, serves them right

Mr. Kim Eriksson Sirawan Sentenced to Life Imprisonment in Thailand

This morning, Thursday 22 September 2011, the Criminal Court of Bangkok read the verdict in the case Thailand vs. Mr. Kim Eriksson Sirawan. The judge sentenced Mr. Eriksson Sirawan to death penalty for production and procession of methamphetamine, "ice".

The sentence was then reduced to life imprisonment due the fact that Mr. Eriksson Sirawan had been cooperative through the case and has not denied the existence of equipment suitable for chemical production in his home in Rayong.

The court meeting was scheduled to begin at 9 o´clock this morning but Mr. Eriksson Sirawan had to wait until 9:45 before the judge entered the court room. The judge took his seat and prepared the reading of the verdict for several minutes. The only sound in the room came from the judge’s handling the documents and from the air-conditioner. Mr. Eriksson Sirawan and the waiting crowd of reporters, friends and Swedish officials were totally quiet.

The judge read the verdict and Mr. Eriksson Sirawan received it standing up with his interpreter at his side. Mr. Eriksson was clearly affected by the verdict and he left the courtroom without any comments.

Mr. Eriksson Sirawan´s defense lawyer, Mr. Chakrit Parameedireklap told ScandAsia that he was disappointed by the verdict and that verdict will be appealed.

“We did our best to convince the court about the role of Mr. Thomas Lilius. If the court had looked deeply into the statements from the witnesses we have presented, it is quite clear that Mr. Lilius exists and plays a role in this case,” Mr. Chakrit Parameedireklap says.

The verdict today is a draft and tells about the main issues in the final verdict. The final and written verdict will be available in a couple of weeks.

“We will ask the appeal court to look into the role of Mr. Lilius, as he is the one who had set Kim up,” Mr. Chakrit Parameedireklap says.

The time frame for an appeal court decision is around 2 to 4 years, but according to the defense lawyer, a case involving a foreign citizen can be speds up a bit, but it will still take at least one and a half year for the appeal court to come to a result.

Source: http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?news_id=9508&coun_code=se

-- scandasia.com 2011-09-22

footer_n.gif

There was a case of a Thai who just served four years for murder. When he was released he got a job as a security guard at a hotel in Phuket and then murdered a maid in less than one month after his release. Somehow is seems that there is an imbalance in the justice system here...

Are you just assuming this chap is married to a 'bar girl'?

Wanting to learn is nothing wrong when from a book . When you want to learn with the actual products , you are making something illegal , whatever reason you might state . Same like i bring 50 kg of coke in my luggage and say , i want to learn how to smuggle drugs <_<. The sentence itself is strong but those are the sentences in Thailand for such a crime. Whereever he is from , i do not feel sorry for him .