Thailand "gemopolis" - Is This For Real?

An overseas contact wrote to me asking me whether I knew anything about the Thai commercial development described at http://www.gemopolis.com/home.html

I have no connection to, or knowledge about, this puported "opportunity" - but it sure sounds good, for anyone involved in the jewelry or gems business.

But - it looks to me like a typical Thai pipe-dream - dressed up as a reality, when it's really just malarial swamps.

'Anybody know whether this project has any real chance of reaching fruition - say, within two to four years? 'Anybody know what this site looks like right now?

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

The naysayers don't like to hear things like that. :o

But yes, it's out there, on the way to the Banga-trad expressway, if you're getting from the Tap Chang toll booth from the north. Super location that even if it fails, I'm sure someone like Areeya, QH, LH, AP, etc. would be happy to take over and turn it into a neighborhood or townhome complex.

:D

An overseas contact  wrote to me asking me whether I knew anything about the Thai commercial development described at http://www.gemopolis.com/home.html

I have no connection to, or knowledge about, this puported "opportunity" - but it sure sounds good, for anyone involved in the jewelry or gems business.

But - it looks to me like a typical Thai pipe-dream - dressed up as a reality, when it's really just malarial swamps.

'Anybody know whether this project has any real chance of reaching fruition - say, within two to four years?  'Anybody know what this site looks like right now?   

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Could this have inspired the raids on the gem markets else where? :o

• 1 month later...