Notorious hacking group LulzSec shuts down, releases final statement

News_Editor

Notorious hacking group LulzSec shuts down, releases final statement

2011-06-26 06:20:46 GMT+7 (ICT)

LONDON (BNO NEWS) -- Notorious hacking group LulzSec on Saturday evening announced it is finished after 50 days during which it claimed responsibility for high-profile cyber attacks on the U.S. Senate, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and other websites.

In a statement released by the group, LulzSec thanked its supporters and asked them to continue. "Our planned 50 day cruise has expired, and we must now sail into the distance, leaving behind - we hope - inspiration, fear, denial, happiness, approval, disapproval, mockery, embarrassment, thoughtfulness, jealousy, hate, even love," the statement said. "If anything, we hope we had a microscopic impact on someone, somewhere. Anywhere."

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-06-26

Morons unite. :rolleyes:

Most of the folks on this here TV forum would be complimentary to a similar group here in Thailand exposing the corruption in the Thai government.

Exposing the lies and corruption within our own governments makes them morons? Makes them true patriots in my book.

The dateline is from London. Is the group from there also? I've had some hacking and online rip-offs which stemmed from people in the London area. Either way, I wish them the worst.

The dateline is from London. Is the group from there also? I've had some hacking and online rip-offs which stemmed from people in the London area. Either way, I wish them the worst.

It's not known where the six LulzSec members are.. I would guess they are a small group of hackers who met each other online, so they might be from a number of countries. But the 19yo guy arrested earlier this week was from eastern England, not far from London. Police say he was part of LulzSec, but LulzSec denied that.. I did notice though that they write on Twitter in British English, and they also made the announcement at midnight UK time.

Not sure why one member thinks they were just after govts, these people hacked into gaming sites and published peoples emails and passwords. Whats that got to do with corruption?

It has nothing to do with corruption. In the case of police in Arizona there was personal information released about them. Some people think that hacking information serves some higher purpose--that is until their credit card information ends up in the wrong hands or they are the victims of identity theft and end up owing a large amount of money.

It has nothing to do with corruption. In the case of police in Arizona there was personal information released about them. Some people think that hacking information serves some higher purpose--that is until their credit card information ends up in the wrong hands or they are the victims of identity theft and end up owing a large amount of money.

Indeed. The Arizona files even included a couple of crime/accident scene photos. Not a pretty sight.. but completely unnecessary to release if they wan't to 'fight' corruption or something like that.

Idiots. I hope they all get banged up in the States for their actions.

There is a world of difference between the groups Anonymous and LulzSec. Anonymous have an agenda and 'attack' people and organisations that they feel need to be taken to task, if you read through their past acts you can see where they are coming from. LulzSec seemed to just attack any website that it was capable of and brag about it online like they were all heros for being able to perform a Denial of Service to some website. They are the equivalent of teenage opportunistic vandals.

It's no coincidence that they have quit today because other hackers have had enough of their bullshit and are threatening to disclose all of their personal details to authorities, but in true form LulzSec have lied about it all and said it's because they only intended to go on this little internet vandalism tour thing for 50 days and they are going out on their own terms.

Karma is a bitch and I would love it if they were exposed by other hackers and had to pay for what they did.

Tony Blair's former aide's telephone was hacked. How did that expose corruption?

How did hacking millions of kids data files on a game site expose corruption? It was malicious vandalism and an invasion of privacy.

It's like saying a peeping tom is a crime fighter.

Sheesh.