Do You Expect To Live Past 70?

OlafStapleton

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just wondering

Most people I am related to, died in their 60s, those two that survived got Alzheimers so not much fun.

I don't know anyone over 70 that is having any fun, although I do have one friend enjoying himself at 69.

What you think?

Edited by OlafStapleton

hey buddy I am 69 too and having fun, few medical problems but living with a stunner half my age travel a lot and life is fun , hope I live a few more years as I have a decent pension and I love the free money every month ( it seems like free money though I bust my ass working all my life ) and long may it continue , do not worry about dementia as we are all a little crazy already.

Average age for a Russian man is 60 owing to their rarther large alcohol indulgences.

I'll be a bit pissed off if I don't reach at least 70, my Mum and Dad are still alive and kicking in their 80's ..and are NOT Russian

My Indonesian grandmother died at the tender age of 98...

My Belgian grandmother died ONE day before reaching her century!

Regarding myself, I just hope that I will be dead before reaching the emptiness of the family trust fund coffins.... B)

All the non-smokers among my parents and grandparents lived past 85. One grandmother died at 102. Not all were fun people. My father is 89, enjoys his iPad and skyping family members around the world, reads books on his Kindle, is learning to cook, and teaches as a volunteer three half-days a week. I would be happy to have that quality of life at his age. He has exercised regularly since age 55, never smoked, and drank very moderately. I exercise every day myself, never smoked, and barely drink at all. I am planning to go the distance.

My mother died of cancer at 66, my father at 72. I suppose I'll be lucky to see 70.

Personally I am far more worried about living for a long time after a stroke or getting senile than I am about dying young. At least if you're dead nothing nasty can happen to you.

And given the way the world has gone so far downhill over the last 20 years, I dont think that the next 20 hold much promise. I am so glad I travelled a lot 30 years ago. It was worthwhile travelling back then and I enjoyed every second of it to the full. Now I'm not so sure.

Hmmm, Iam 38, overweight drink and smoke heavily, don't really eat all that healthily (heartily though !!) and exercise...lol what is that, I reckon if I hit 50 I'll have had a decent innings let alone 70 and beyond.

My mother died of cancer at 66, my father at 72. I suppose I'll be lucky to see 70.

Personally I am far more worried about living for a long time after a stroke or getting senile than I am about dying young. At least if you're dead nothing nasty can happen to you.

And given the way the world has gone so far downhill over the last 20 years, I dont think that the next 20 hold much promise. I am so glad I travelled a lot 30 years ago. It was worthwhile travelling back then and I enjoyed every second of it to the full. Now I'm not so sure.

Even the nostalgia's crap now.

Call that music? Young people...

And the old blokes are no better - can't reminisce to save themselves. Not like when I was a lad with their bloody war stories, and rationing, and rickets...

SC

Even if you complain, no-one listens; you might as well not bother...

monty python

My Father worked all is life .and retired at the grand ole age of 65 ..and then died 2 years later with Cancer.

That is why i choose to live my life now and dont worry about later...rolleyes.gif

If i live to reach 70 ..then i will owe some one lots of money as i only have enough money to last me until im 65 whistling.gif

:rolleyes:

I have a friend from the Netherlands. He is about 85 this year I believe. He comes to Thailand for about 4 months every year and stays in Pattaya. He spends the summers in Crete. He is a retired Dutch Navy officer...and served with the Free Dutch Forces in WWII after escaping the Nazis by fleeing from the Netherlands in 1940. he is still active, but recently...4 or 5 years ago... he was hit by a Thai motorcycle driver and since that time he has walked with a limp. But in Crete he still walked at least 2 miles a day last year.

In my family, my father died when he was 89, my grandfather made it to 98 before he passed away, and my uncle lived to be almost 80.

I'm 65, and I hope to make it past 70...but then you never know do you?

All the relatives that I mentioned were alert and functionimg mentally when they passed away...so I feel confident in that part anyhow.

When they passed away it was their body that gave out, not their mind.

:lol:

Edited by IMA_FARANG

My mother lived to 96 and was very healthy and enjoying life to the end. I'm 77 and enjoy life very much. Spend 8 months in Cha Am and 4 months (summer) in Northern Idaho. My wife is 9 years younger than me and we have been together for over 35 years. Retired at the age of 50 (27 years ago). See no reason why I can't outlive my mothers 96 years. Will be pissed off if I die sooner. Life is great. One of the secrets to a long life is no stress. One of the secrets to no stress is adequate money. We have considerable more money now than we had when we retired and it increases every year. Own everything we have and owe no one anything. Have not paid enough interest in the last 30 years to buy a good dinner for two. If you can't pay for it don't buy it.

Take it from an almost old fart, life is good and lots of fun.

BT

My wifes Grandfather is 94 years old and still going like a tank.

He used to drink and smoke, but not anymore.

He is Thai and has not been to the doctor in many years and not on any medication.

The bloke does not have the best memory, walks about 2 kms everyday to the markets with no money and every now and then he comes back with food but he does not remember how he got it.

He eats friend banana every day and thinks he is a security guard at the house.

His brother died at 97 and his mother was around the same age when she died too, so it must be in the genes or something.

One of the secrets to a long life is no stress. One of the secrets to no stress is adequate money.

Unfortunate that getting adequate money usually requires stress then. :D

As we all know people are living longer and longer. It is said that the first person to reach 150 years of age may have already been born!

Yes, saw a documentary on ageing and the future, most scientists in the field believe the first person to live to 150 is alive today, it's just a question of how old they are.

Some guys are still boffing 20 year old virgins at the age of 70... Isn't that something to look forwards to?

Just make sure your swimmers are duds otherwise some guys wife will try and ruin your teaching career and good job at the airport !

Edited by richard_smith237

My Father worked all is life .and retired at the grand ole age of 65 ..and then died 2 years later with Cancer.

That is why i choose to live my life now and dont worry about later...rolleyes.gif

If i live to reach 70 ..then i will owe some one lots of money as i only have enough money to last me until im 65 whistling.gif

:clap2:, me too. Good fun though eh. :)