Israeli security forces nab Palestinian terror cell

News_Editor

Israeli security forces nab Palestinian terror cell

2011-06-27 23:52:55 GMT+7 (ICT)

JERUSALEM (BNO NEWS) -- Israeli security forces arrested nearly two dozen Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) members allegedly running terrorist cells near Jerusalem, the Jerusalem Post reported on Monday.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) arrested close to two dozen members who were also allegedly planning to kidnap soldiers and perpetrate other terror attacks against Israel. The Shin Bet said some of the operatives were Arabs from east Jerusalem with Israeli identity cards, which enabled them to travel freely throughout the country.

The Shin Bet added that over 20 suspects have been arrested in recent weeks, including some who have previously served time in Israeli prisons. One of the alleged leaders of the group was Nasser Abu-Khadir, a 50-year-old resident of the Shuafat refugee camp in Jerusalem.

Khadir, who was released from prison in 1988, told interrogators that he was responsible for establishing the terrorist infrastructure in Jerusalem and Ramallah and was in touch with PFLP leadership in Damascus, which was supposed to provide financial and logistical assistance for Israel-based operatives.

Another senior operative was Walid Habas, 31, from Kfar Akab in northern Jerusalem. Habas was released from an Israeli prison in 2007 after serving a four-year sentence for his involvement in the attempted lynching of an IDF soldier near Ramallah in 1998. A cell run by Habas was allegedly planning to kidnap an IDF soldier, a number of shooting attacks at soldiers and settlers in the Ramallah area and a bomb attack in Jerusalem.

Other cell members were responsible for locating apartments that could be used as base of operations for the cell, and for obtaining false Israeli identity cards.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-06-27

Now this is where I can say well done Israel. Arrest the suspects, give them a fair trial and if guilty lock them up and throw away the key. Better than their normal MO of carrying out extrajudicial killings when and where they want.

Innocent until proven guilty is what your lot preach. So how are they determined to be terrorists at this stage ogf the investigation. I didn't read in the article that the accused had beed trialed as of yet. Just as the victims of the thousands of extrajudicial killings by the hands of Israel over the decades. Another classic case of double standards. :o

P.S: Interesting how one didn't comment on this thread all day since it was first posted. Now I put my comment up and right on call you come in in an almost trolling manner. Laughable behaviour. :lol: Get a job dude! Hahaha

Amazing how highly concerned some are about the supposed "rights" of mass murderers. :whistling:

Yup, that does appear to be mass murder.

"Israeli and Palestinian Children Killed

September 29, 2000 - Present

124 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,463 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information)

Chart showing that approximately 12 times more Palestinian children have been killed than Israeli children

Israelis and Palestinians Killed

September 29, 2000 - Present At least 6,430 Palestinians and 1,084 Israelis

have been killed since September 29, 2000.

Source: B'Tselem, The Israeli Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories. (Visit their statistics page, last updated Oct. 31, 2010.)

Residents of East Jerusalem with Israeli identity cards. Nice.

I suppose one way of avoiding a repeat is to strip people of their right to carry an id card if they are not prepared to be peaceful. Slippery slope and would hurt the normal people.

I note the apparent implication of people previously convicted of criminal offenses and that were released from prison. What's next? no more releases of prisoners?

All that these events do is strengthen the Israeli position that there must be a separation between the two groups of people.

Very sad. So much for that much praised Hamas-Fatah unity government and their working towards a country that would live in peace with Israel.

I note the apparent implication of people previously convicted of criminal offenses and that were released from prison. What's next? no more releases of prisoners?

No you can't have that or the peaceniks will start screaming apartheid state or accuse the Israelis of running concentration camps. It's ok for Hamas to abduct an Israeli soldier and deny the world any contact with him for five years though.

Obviously a ploy by the jews to justify them not releasing prisoners, to get their soldier back. They can claim any release of prisoners, (and there are thousands, not just one), will lead them to likely re-offend in future. Given that israel IS a US backed apartheid state, that is not surprising. And there is NO mention in the OP, of any of the arrested, alleged terrorists being mass murderers, or indeed murderers of anyone at all.

But of course, if you are pro-zionist, the truth doesn't matter.

Obviously a ploy by the jews to justify them not releasing prisoners, to get their soldier back. They can claim any release of prisoners, (and there are thousands, not just one), will lead them to likely re-offend in future. Given that israel IS a US backed apartheid state, that is not surprising. And there is NO mention in the OP, of any of the arrested, alleged terrorists being mass murderers, or indeed murderers of anyone at all.

This is a childish comment. A ploy by the jews? Where do these ridiculous notions come from? Are you now stating that this is all some big conspiracy? Israel is not an apartheid state as arab Israelis have access to the same social benefits, hospitals etc. as do non arab Israelis. Arab Israelis also have the right to vote and sit in Parliament/Knesset. Hardly the same situation as faces those in quasi apartheid states such as Zimbabwe and Saudi Arabia.

In respect to your comment about the accused not being mass murderers, as far as I am concerned failing at the intent to murder is no less a crime than actual murder. The intent of the released prisoners was to do harm. They are proud of it too.

If your goal is to provoke a reaction, grow up. I suggest you take a nice walk and look at the trees, smell some flowers and share some love with a soi cat or dog. It does marvels for one's disposition and makes my sad days happy days.

This is a childish comment. A ploy by the jews? Where do these ridiculous notions come from? Are you now stating that this is all some big conspiracy? Israel is not an apartheid state as arab Israelis have access to the same social benefits, hospitals etc. as do non arab Israelis. Arab Israelis also have the right to vote and sit in Parliament/Knesset. Hardly the same situation as faces those in quasi apartheid states such as Zimbabwe and Saudi Arabia.

In respect to your comment about the accused not being mass murderers, as far as I am concerned failing at the intent to murder is no less a crime than actual murder. The intent of the released prisoners was to do harm. They are proud of it too.

If your goal is to provoke a reaction, grow up. I suggest you take a nice walk and look at the trees, smell some flowers and share some love with a soi cat or dog. It does marvels for one's disposition and makes my sad days happy days.

In other threads were there is alledged criminal activity you are one of the first to jump to the defence of people until all the facts are known. You certainly have a different view when it comes to Israel/Palestine issues.

Charge the people, put them on trial, if guilty throw away the key.

In other threads were there is alledged criminal activity you are one of the first to jump to the defence of people until all the facts are known. You certainly have a different view when it comes to Israel/Palestine issues.

Charge the people, put them on trial, if guilty throw away the key.

Read my response again. Nowhere am I stating the guilt in the new case. My comment was in respect to the prisoners having intended to harm. That's why they were prisoners . In the OP, there was reference to the original crimes of attempted murder. The Israelis do not have a throw away the key approach as they released the prisoners. It appears they are more humane in their approach than you.